2 Thess 2:7, "For the mystery of iniquity is already working, but the One restraining him will continue to restrain him, until he is made to appear in the midst. And then that lawless one will be revealed, whom Yahshua will remove with the breath of His mouth, and make powerless with the appearance of His coming-- Whose coming is according to the energy of Satan"
What is the "mystery of iniquity" ?
3466 mustérion
Definition: a mystery, secret, of which initiation is necessary;
458 anomia
Definition:lawlessness, iniquity, disobedience, sin
Rom 7:7, What? Can anyone therefore say that the Law is sin? No! By no means! But to the contrary, I did not know sin; transgression of the Law, except through the Law, for I did not know lust, unless the Law had said: Do not covet. 12, Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous.13 Did that which is righteous, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through that which was righteous, so that through the commandments, sin might become utterly sinful.
1 Jn 3:4, "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."
I think the Mystery of Iniquity has made people think calling a sin what it is..."legalism"
Jude 1:4, "For there are certain men who have secretly crept in, who were before of old ordained for this condemnation, unholy men, who turn the undeserved pardon of our One Supreme Savior Yahweh into licentiousness, and deny Yahshua our Messiah"
Lev 19:17, "You shall not hate your neighbor in your heart. Rebuke your brother frankly, so you will not share in his guilt"
Mt 14:10-14, "Beware that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I say to you: In heaven their malakim always see the face of My Father Who is in heaven. The Son of Man has come to save that which was lost; So what do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, but one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine to go search the mountains for the one that has gone astray? And if it should be that he finds it, truly I say to you that he rejoices more over that one, than over the ninety-nine which never strayed. In the same way, it is not the will of your Father Who is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish"
Mt 15:14, "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into the ditch."
One thing I find troublesome, is that if I stated this ("Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city") I would be called a legalist, yet Messiah said it in His final written message to mankind....
Rev 22:12-15, "And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices falsehood."
I think there is a proper truth between licentiousness and justified by works, It is called obedience to the Spirit, explained in the word
Jn 4:24, "Yahweh is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth"
Isayah 59:21, "As for Me, this is My covenant with them, says Yahweh: My Spirit which is upon you, namely My Word (Instructions) which I have put in your mouth; they will not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your seed, nor from the mouth of your seed's seed, says Yahweh: from this time and forevermore"
Jn 6:63, "It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The Words(Instructions) that I speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting"
Rom 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh cannot please Yahweh"
Rom 8:13, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of Yahweh, they are the sons of Yahweh!"
Ezekiyl 36:26-27, "A new heart; mind, will I also give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep My Laws"
Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people"
"Law" is word #H8451 - torah: direction, instruction, law Original Word: תּוֹרָה
Here is a passage from Paul, about those that have been cleansed by the blood of Messiah:
Rom 2:4-12, “Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, forbearance, and longsuffering; not realizing that Yahweh’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? But according to your stubborn and impenitent mind you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of Yahweh’s wrath, when the righteous judgment of Yahweh will be revealed; when He will reward each one according to his works: to the ones on the one hand, who, by patient persistence in doing righteousness, seek for glory, honor and immortality, He will give eternal life. But to the ones on the other hand, who are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, He will give indignation and wrath.” Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man who does evil: to the Yahdai(Jew) first, and also to the Greek (Gentile) But glory, honor, and peace to every man who works righteousness: to the Yahdai first, and also to the Greek. For there is no respect of persons with Yahweh.For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.”
I know I know if I dont go full licentious im considered "justified by works" BY MOST MEN....
Jude 1:4, "For there are certain men who have secretly crept in, who were before of old ordained for this condemnation, unholy men, who turn the undeserved pardon of our One Supreme Savior Yahweh into licentiousness, and deny Yahshua our Messiah."
Rom 1:28-32, "And so, since they did not like to retain Yahweh in their knowledge, Yahweh gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not proper; Being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual impurity, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, Backbiters, haters of Yahweh, despiteful, arrogant, and boastful. They are inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, And without understanding. They are covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, and unmerciful: Who, knowing the righteous judgment of Yahweh, that those who practice such things deserve death, not only continue to do these very things, but also approve of those who practice them."
What is the "mystery of iniquity" ?
3466 mustérion
mustérion: a mystery or secret doctrine
Short Definition: anything hidden, a mystery
Definition: a mystery, secret, of which initiation is necessary;
458 anomia
anomia: lawlessness
Short Definition:lawlessness, iniquity
Definition:lawlessness, iniquity, disobedience, sin
Rom 7:7, What? Can anyone therefore say that the Law is sin? No! By no means! But to the contrary, I did not know sin; transgression of the Law, except through the Law, for I did not know lust, unless the Law had said: Do not covet. 12, Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous.13 Did that which is righteous, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through that which was righteous, so that through the commandments, sin might become utterly sinful.
1 Jn 3:4, "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."
I think the Mystery of Iniquity has made people think calling a sin what it is..."legalism"
Jude 1:4, "For there are certain men who have secretly crept in, who were before of old ordained for this condemnation, unholy men, who turn the undeserved pardon of our One Supreme Savior Yahweh into licentiousness, and deny Yahshua our Messiah"
Lev 19:17, "You shall not hate your neighbor in your heart. Rebuke your brother frankly, so you will not share in his guilt"
Mt 14:10-14, "Beware that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I say to you: In heaven their malakim always see the face of My Father Who is in heaven. The Son of Man has come to save that which was lost; So what do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, but one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine to go search the mountains for the one that has gone astray? And if it should be that he finds it, truly I say to you that he rejoices more over that one, than over the ninety-nine which never strayed. In the same way, it is not the will of your Father Who is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish"
Mt 15:14, "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into the ditch."
One thing I find troublesome, is that if I stated this ("Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city") I would be called a legalist, yet Messiah said it in His final written message to mankind....
Rev 22:12-15, "And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices falsehood."
I think there is a proper truth between licentiousness and justified by works, It is called obedience to the Spirit, explained in the word
Jn 4:24, "Yahweh is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth"
Isayah 59:21, "As for Me, this is My covenant with them, says Yahweh: My Spirit which is upon you, namely My Word (Instructions) which I have put in your mouth; they will not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your seed, nor from the mouth of your seed's seed, says Yahweh: from this time and forevermore"
Jn 6:63, "It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The Words(Instructions) that I speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting"
Rom 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh cannot please Yahweh"
Rom 8:13, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of Yahweh, they are the sons of Yahweh!"
Ezekiyl 36:26-27, "A new heart; mind, will I also give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep My Laws"
Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people"
"Law" is word #H8451 - torah: direction, instruction, law Original Word: תּוֹרָה
Here is a passage from Paul, about those that have been cleansed by the blood of Messiah:
Rom 2:4-12, “Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, forbearance, and longsuffering; not realizing that Yahweh’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? But according to your stubborn and impenitent mind you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of Yahweh’s wrath, when the righteous judgment of Yahweh will be revealed; when He will reward each one according to his works: to the ones on the one hand, who, by patient persistence in doing righteousness, seek for glory, honor and immortality, He will give eternal life. But to the ones on the other hand, who are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, He will give indignation and wrath.” Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man who does evil: to the Yahdai(Jew) first, and also to the Greek (Gentile) But glory, honor, and peace to every man who works righteousness: to the Yahdai first, and also to the Greek. For there is no respect of persons with Yahweh.For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.”
I know I know if I dont go full licentious im considered "justified by works" BY MOST MEN....
Jude 1:4, "For there are certain men who have secretly crept in, who were before of old ordained for this condemnation, unholy men, who turn the undeserved pardon of our One Supreme Savior Yahweh into licentiousness, and deny Yahshua our Messiah."
Rom 1:28-32, "And so, since they did not like to retain Yahweh in their knowledge, Yahweh gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not proper; Being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual impurity, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, Backbiters, haters of Yahweh, despiteful, arrogant, and boastful. They are inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, And without understanding. They are covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, and unmerciful: Who, knowing the righteous judgment of Yahweh, that those who practice such things deserve death, not only continue to do these very things, but also approve of those who practice them."