Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 11, 2012
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Those who are of God will depart from iniquity, not departing from iniquity. departing from iniquity isn't a lifetime process, but must occur in the repentance process, 2 Cor 7-10-11, thus you crucify your flesh once and for all, Galations 2-20.
To depart means:
G868
ἀφίστημι
aphistēmi
af-is'-tay-mee
From G575 and G2476; to remove, that is, (actively) instigate to revolt; usually (reflexively) to desist, desert, etc.: - depart, draw (fall) away, refrain, withdraw self.
This powerful verse proves once again that mankind has something to do to be IN the will of God, because he has free will and ability to obey God from the heart.
Its not about sinless perfection, or having it all together, but it is about repentance and faith proven by deeds, withdrawal from all known sin and worldliness, and walk a walk worthy of our creator!

Jun 24, 2010
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Those who are of God will depart from iniquity, not departing from iniquity. departing from iniquity isn't a lifetime process, but must occur in the repentance process, 2 Cor 7-10-11, thus you crucify your flesh once and for all, Galations 2-20.
To depart means:
G868
ἀφίστημι
aphistēmi
af-is'-tay-mee
From G575 and G2476; to remove, that is, (actively) instigate to revolt; usually (reflexively) to desist, desert, etc.: - depart, draw (fall) away, refrain, withdraw self.
This powerful verse proves once again that mankind has something to do to be IN the will of God, because he has free will and ability to obey God from the heart.
Its not about sinless perfection, or having it all together, but it is about repentance and faith proven by deeds, withdrawal from all known sin and worldliness, and walk a walk worthy of our creator!
Can you define what iniquity is so that others will know what it is they are suppose to depart from. What's the difference between sin and iniquity?

E

eternally-gratefull

Those who are of God will depart from iniquity,
1. The lord knows who are his.

"depart from me for I never knew you" No one lost salvation, they never had it, because God knew they were not his.

2. Those born of God WILL (not might) depart. so they won't lose salvation because they did not do what God said they would do.
Unless you think God is a liar. and they will not do what he said they will do?

so why do you not teach any of these things?

Feb 16, 2011
Departing from iniquity is what we all should preach, teach, or witness to others. We can no longer stay in sin. We must put off the old man and crucify the flesh. Those who stay in sin have not recieved Christ. Jesus saves us from our sins. He that is born of God will not sin.

I

IMINJC

tommy4christ

YOU SAID: This powerful verse proves once again that mankind has something to do to be IN the will of God, because he has free will and ability to obey God from the heart.

Amen!

Feb 11, 2012
Its simple really, but many will thunder against the truth of God's word to thier shame. It means what is says, as we all must be diligent to :

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Its all about free will, ability and choice, God diddnt make us to be robots, but gave us all a choice to obey or not obey, you dont get saved wallowing in your sins, you get saved out of them through real repentance, repentance isnt legalism, it is our our reasonable act of service to prepare our heart to receive the implanted word of God, which can save our souls!

Jas 1:21 Therefore putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Do not be deceived, God made it clear in His word, take heed to it, it can save your soul and the souls of your family if they will listen and obey!

The road is narrow indeed, will you choose to walk on it??

Luk 13:23 And one said to Him, Lord, are the ones being saved few? And He said to them,
Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the narrow gate. For I say to you, many will seek to enter in and shall not be able.

To strive isnt passive or something that has already been done for you, it a command from Christ
Himself!

G75
ἀγωνίζομαι
agōnizomai
ag-o-nid'-zom-ahee
From G73; to struggle, literally (to compete for a prize), figuratively (to contend with an adversary), or generally (to endeavor to accomplish something): - fight, labor fervently, strive.

it comes from agonize, which isnt a passive word at all its a very intense word tha few will accept!

Last edited:
C

cfultz3

Those who are of God will depart from iniquity, not departing from iniquity. departing from iniquity isn't a lifetime process
Tommy,

I have to go and clean my stepmom's house, so I do not have time to fix things up to make it more presentable, so pardon me. But what do you think, looking at the "tense" of the word G3528 in this complete list of "conquer/overcome" as compared to the statement above.

Again sorry about the presentation, but would like to see what you think of this.

G3528
νικάω
nikaō
Total KJV Occurrences: 28
overcome, 11
Luk_11:22, Joh_16:33, Rom_3:4, Rom_12:21 (2), 1Jo_2:13-14 (2), 1Jo_4:4, Rev_13:7 (2), Rev_17:14
overcometh, 11
1Jo_5:4-5 (3), Rev_2:7, Rev_2:11, Rev_2:17, Rev_2:26, Rev_3:5, Rev_3:12, Rev_3:21, Rev_21:7
overcame, 2
Rev_3:21, Rev_12:11
conquer, 1
Rev_6:2
conquering, 1
Rev_6:2 (2)
prevailed, 1
Rev_5:5
victory, 1
Rev_15:2

Jun 24, 2010
Its simple really, but many will thunder against the truth of God's word to thier shame. It means what is says, as we all must be diligent to :

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Its all about free will, ability and choice, God diddnt make us to be robots, but gave us all a choice to obey or not obey, you dont get saved wallowing in your sins, you get saved out of them through real repentance, repentance isnt legalism, it is our our reasonable act of service to prepare our heart to receive the implanted word of God, which can save our souls!

Jas 1:21 Therefore putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Do not be deceived, God made it clear in His word, take heed to it, it can save your soul and the souls of your family if they will listen and obey!

The road is narrow indeed, will you choose to walk on it??

Luk 13:23 And one said to Him, Lord, are the ones being saved few? And He said to them,
Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the narrow gate. For I say to you, many will seek to enter in and shall not be able.

To strive isnt passive or something that has already been done for you, it a command from Christ
Himself!

G75
ἀγωνίζομαι
agōnizomai
ag-o-nid'-zom-ahee
From G73; to struggle, literally (to compete for a prize), figuratively (to contend with an adversary), or generally (to endeavor to accomplish something): - fight, labor fervently, strive.

it comes from agonize, which isnt a passive word at all its a very intense word tha few will accept!

God did not given man repentance so that he could crucify the flesh or the sin of the flesh, God gave the cross for that, so that the believer can reckon himself to be dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God (Rom 6:11). There is no striving when we reckon ourselves to be dead. Have you ever seen a dead man struggle? I haven't. If I sin and you want to judge me for that sin and tell me I need to repent, I am going to look you in the face and tell you that Christ crucified that sin and I am dead to it. You like to bring attention to the sin, that Christ has crucified, by always telling others to repent. That is nothing less than resurrecting the sin that Christ has crucified and buried.

Those that are stuck on repentance are using it to replace the work of cross and it does not work. This kind of repentance might make a person feel good about what they are doing, but it has no power to give them life. Only through death can we experience resurrection life in Christ. Life comes forth out of death not out of repentance. We don't trust in repentance, we trust in the cross of Christ.

Instead of telling believers to repent all the time, tell them to go to the cross and see their sin crucified and reckon themselves to be dead to it. When the believer does that by faith, they will begin to see how to have power to overcome the law of sin and death that resides in their body. Some of you out there know this is the truth and you have a witness within and have even practiced the truth concerning your own sin. You need to bear witness on this site of the truth and give your testimony and don't let others intimidate you. Those that try to intimidate you do not know Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Do you know that Paul was determined to know not a single believer after the flesh and to know nothing among them except Jesus Christ and Him crucified (1Cor 2:2, 2Cor 5:16,17)? Paul said this in a letter written to the church at Corinth that had all kinds of problems with sin, idolatry and party spirits. Yet at the same time he told them this in (2Cor 12:20,21)...

20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

He dealt with those believers very differently concerning repentance as some have demanded on this site. He had wisdom from God and knew where and what they had come out from, but did not deal with them according to the flesh. He dealt with sin according to the cross and knew that that would eventually lead them to repentance, even if he had to admonish them to do so. That is a big difference then what some of you believe and demand that believers should practice.

C

cfultz3

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I believe the verses listed below from G3528 will verify that obtaining victroy is a life long process. I am in no way indicating that God is ok with iniquity (injustice), but that through love we are to be perfect (equiable) as the Lord is just (perfect) in love. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]One will note that all the promises in Revelation are given to those who are overcoming in the present. Example, "I am swimming". This tells me that I am in the process of swimming and there is every indication that I will continue to swim until another action occurs. As concerning Christians, that other action is "death". So, we are to continue to overcome until we die. You will also note that the only way we can be overcoming is by "faith". It becomes a perfect past tense when we have the Holy Spirit indwelling in us. Because, greater is He who is in you then the one in the world.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I hope everyone will learn something from this small study and will add to it. God bless you in your study of God's word.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]RAI = perfect active indicative. A completed past tense.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]PAI = present active indication. Indicative of the now and every indication of the future.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]AAP = aorist active particple. Snapshot of a past action in action. No consequences.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]PAP = present active particple. The active present.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2AAN = second aorist active infinitive. Snapshot of no specific timing of a past action with consequences.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]APS = aorist passive subjunctive. Snapshot of a possibility of receiving a past action.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]AAI = aorist active indicative. Snapshot of a past action with emphasizes on the event, not time.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]G3528 [/FONT]nikaō
[FONT=Georgia, serif]To [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]subdue[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] (literally or figuratively): - conquer, overcome, prevail, get the victory.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]1Jo_5:4-5[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Everything having had been born from God does overcome [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAI)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the world. And this is the means of success of having overcame [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](AAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the world: our faith [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](belief system)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. Who is the one overcoming[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] (PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the world if not the one believing [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] that Jesus is [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAI)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the Son of God.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]1Jo_2:13-14[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] I write to you young men because you had overcome [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](RAI)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] that evil one.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]I write to you young men because you are strong and the Word of God remains in you and you had overcome [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](RAI)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] that evil one.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]1Jo_4:4[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] You are from God, little ones, and had overcome [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](RAI)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] him. Because, greater is [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAI)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the One in you then the one in the world. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_2:7[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The one who is overcoming[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] (PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] shall I grant to him to have eaten [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](2AAN)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] from the tree of life....[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_2:11[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The one who is overcoming [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] should [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]not at all[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](double neg...not even the possibility)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] have been hurt [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](APS)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] by the second death..[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_2:17[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The one who is overcoming [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] shall I grant to him to have eaten [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](2AAN)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] from the hidden mana, etc....[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_2:26[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The one who is overcoming[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] (PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] and keeping [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] my works until the end, shall I grant to him authority over the nations.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_3:5[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The one who is overcoming [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif], the same shall cloth himself in white garments and I shall [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]not at all[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] blot out his name from the book of life and I shall acknowledge his name before my Father and His angels.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_3:12[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The one who is overcoming [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif], shall I make him a pillar in the temple of my God....[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_21:7[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The one who is overcoming [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] shall inherit all things and I shall be to him God and he shall be to me son.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_3:21[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The one who is overcoming [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] will be granted to sit with Jesus on His throne. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_12:11[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] How will the bretherns overcome the dragon, they will have overcame [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](AAI)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] him through the blood of the Lamb, the word of their testimony. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_5:5[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Jesus, the Lion, overcame. [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](AAI) [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh_16:33 [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]had overcame[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] (RAI)[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Rev_15:2[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] And I saw as it were a sea of glass having been mingled with fire and those who are gaining the victory [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](PAP)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] from the beast....[/FONT]

C

cfultz3

After having looked up the verses, do you still say that overcoming is not a life long process? I will give you a hint, keeping faith is a life long process.

C

cfultz3

PAI = present active indication. Indicative of the now and every indication of the future.

Should be

PAI = present active indicative. Indication of the now and every indication of the future.

Last edited: