Let God be true

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 3, 2011
Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged
As long as you stay in agreement with God, and His Word, you will remain justified in all you say, and will always overcome when you are judged

R

R3V07UTI0N

Steps to salvation not only do we have to believe in Jesus Christ as our saviour but follow his commandments

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."-(John 3:5)

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."-(Acts 2:38)

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."-(Mark 16:16)

"The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God, ) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ"-(1 Peter 3:21)

"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:"-(Mark 12:29)

"One Lord, one faith, one baptism," (Ephesians 4:5)

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." (Isaiah 43:11)

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." (Isaiah 42:8)

There is only one God and that God is the Father "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?..."-(Malachi 2:10) If Jesus is God it logically fallows that Jesus is the Father. Want more prove "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."-(Isaiah 9:6) Jesus is the Son prophesied about and there is only ONE Father. More prove Jesus Himself taught that He was the Father. "Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also."-(John 8:19). "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."-(John 8:24). More prove we should note that "he" in the verse is in italics, which indicates that it is not in the original Greek, been added by the translators. Jesus was really identifying Himself with the "I AM" of (Exodus 3:14). The Jews who did not understand his meaning, asked, "Who art thou?" Jesus answered, "Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning."-(John 8:25). However "They understood not that he spake to them of the Father."-(John 8:27). In other words, Jesus tried to tell them that He is the Father and the I AM and that if they did not accept Him as God they would die in their sins.

It does not go against 1 John 5:7 I do believe that the Father, the Word which is the Son (John 1:14), and the Holy Spirit is simply God, God is Holy (Leviticus 11:44; 1 Peter 1:16) He alone is holy in Himself. God is also a spirit (John 4:24), and there is only one spirit of God (1 Corinthians 12:11; Ephesians 4:4). Therefore "Holy Spirit" is another term for the ONE God. therefore It does not go against 1 John 5:7 that the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit bear record in heaven and that these three are titles of the one (Jesus Christ)

C

Consumed

You forgot this commandment maybe
1john 3
23And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, even as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments abideth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he gave us.

R

R3V07UTI0N

You forgot this commandment maybe
1john 3
23And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, even as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments abideth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he gave us.
Yes thank you for adding more and we have to believe that God is the Father and the Son and also the Holy Spirit. There is only one spirit of God. And I'll add this

1 John 5:7 I do believe that the Father, the Word which is the Son (John 1:14), and the Holy Spirit is simply God, God is Holy (Leviticus 11:44; 1 Peter 1:16) He alone is holy in Himself. God is also a spirit (John 4:24), and there is only one spirit of God (1 Corinthians 12:11; Ephesians 4:4). Therefore "Holy Spirit" is another term for the ONE God. therefore It does not go against 1 John 5:7 that the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit bear record in heaven and that these three are titles of the one (Jesus Christ)

Feb 16, 2011
Yes thank you for adding more and we have to believe that God is the Father and the Son and also the Holy Spirit. There is only one spirit of God. And I'll add this

1 John 5:7 I do believe that the Father, the Word which is the Son (John 1:14), and the Holy Spirit is simply God, God is Holy (Leviticus 11:44; 1 Peter 1:16) He alone is holy in Himself. God is also a spirit (John 4:24), and there is only one spirit of God (1 Corinthians 12:11; Ephesians 4:4). Therefore "Holy Spirit" is another term for the ONE God. therefore It does not go against 1 John 5:7 that the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit bear record in heaven and that these three are titles of the one (Jesus Christ)

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD(3068) our GOD(430) is one Lord(3068):
3068=yeh-ho-vaw' Jewish name for God, Jehovah
430=el-o-heem' plural of H433, Gods

If you study the Hebrew, Deuteronomy reads "Hear, O Israel: The Jehovah our Elohim (Gods) is one Jehovah:" 430 is plural! The Father is God, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God (Gods) and they are one!

We can also see plurality in Matthew 22:43-45
Matthew 22:43-45 "He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD(2962) said unto my Lord(2962), Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him, Lord, how is he his son?"

This is proof that Jesus was the Lord and son of David(through geneology). Jesus calls the Father LORD

R

R3V07UTI0N

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD(3068) our GOD(430) is one Lord(3068):
3068=yeh-ho-vaw' Jewish name for God, Jehovah
430=el-o-heem' plural of H433, Gods

If you study the Hebrew, Deuteronomy reads "Hear, O Israel: The Jehovah our Elohim (Gods) is one Jehovah:" 430 is plural! The Father is God, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God (Gods) and they are one!

We can also see plurality in Matthew 22:43-45
Matthew 22:43-45 "He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD(2962) said unto my Lord(2962), Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him, Lord, how is he his son?"

This is proof that Jesus was the Lord and son of David(through geneology). Jesus calls the Father LORD[/SIZE][/B].
I Agree with you and Jehovah means "The self existing one" but you are correct Jehovah is God

Elohim plural? Yes correct again. The English word "God" is equivalent of the Hebrew "Elohim." This is the plural form of "Eloah" (in Arabic, the word is Allah"). The word is applied to heathen gods as well as to our "Elohim"(God). The plural form expresses a plurality of majesty, powers and attributes.

Lord(3068) - God

The Lord that healeth (Exodus 15:26)
The Lord our banner (Exodus 17:8-15)
The Lord our peace (Judges 6:24)
The Lord our shepherd (Psalms 23:1)
The Lord our righteousness (Jeremiah 23:6)

There are many titles of Jesus given in the Bible. A title is not a name. However, a title brings out certain attributes and characteristics of Jesus. Each tittle has a Meaning.

Good shepherd (John 10:11)
Great God and Saviour (Titus 2:13)
Judge (Acts 17:31)
Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Revelation 5:5)
Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)
Rock of Ages (Isaiah 26:4)
Sun of Righteousness (Malachi 4:2)
Strong Rock (Psalm 31:2)
True Vine (John 15:1)
Word (John 1:1)