''Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness''

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Romans 13

Feb 17, 2010
Ramon, my dearest brother in Christ Jesus. I love you truly as much as I love myself. Every post that I read when you posted God's Word, was as IF IT WAS GOD HIMSELF giving me comfermations on what I am to DO NEXT. And for this I thank the Lord that Ramon is obedient to post what the Lord layed on his heart.

Ramon i just realised how much words not in the Bible false teachers use to "explain" the Bible and what the Lord wants me to know... like the word "context". That word is not used once inthe Bible. The word imputed... not used. Impute is but not imputed. You know what I mean. Words that when we do a search in the bible using the word as a false teacher does use it, to change the meaning of scripture to fit their false doctrine. I guess in my confessions of my life i also use words not in the Bible, but I NEVER edit words... Like change perfect to mature. or SINNED to sin. Or impute to imputed... I just think it completely change what GOD said in HIS WORD. And then all those "ISM" words. Man that just freak me out. I do not understand them and I do not even TRY. Let me tell you this.... I found that the POWER of God is love! If we love God more than anything, and we love our neighbor as ourselves. Then Ramon, we are perfect! And Ramon one good thing about this CC is, God teaches us to love those that curse us. I thank the Lord that we fall into all kinds of temptations right here on the forum, for the love and faith in us are truly being tested here. And it really teaches me to be patient!

My brother I am soon going on a trip where I will not use internet for a while, but I will return, God willing, to fight the GOOD FIGHT with you. May the Lord Christ Jesus sanctify you wholly, faithful is He who shall do so. Amen!

L

leasamimee

thank you for this post!! as a young teen and have allot of questions . Thank you fullfiling it.

to mr. cobus i been inspire on your post.

Hope to see your lot of post soon...!!!

Feb 17, 2010
Imputed is used but not as I tried to percieve it is done. Righteousness was imputed to Abraham, and it shall be for us as well, IF we believe on Him that raised Jesus from the dead... And was raised for our justification. I just believe the imputation is a HUGE thing. I believe it actually is a gift of PURE LOVE to obey God as He deserves! And that holy FAITH is pure LOVE! a gift from God to all who believe. It is not an excuse not to love, it is A GIFT TO LOVE in a pure heart. That is what God's salvation gives.

So to say that we will sin becasue God will impute is almost as wrong as to say we are filled with the Holy Spirit, yet we sin. What I am trying to say is I do not want to belittle ANYTHING God does. When God called us, He knows where we will end up. And I seek NOTHING God does not want me to seek. I seek to love God above anything, and to love my neghbor as myself. This is all I seek now! May God be the only One that are pleased with what I do today! Amen!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou for this post Ramon.

God bless
pickles