Let yourself love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

persistent

I will say of Charles Haddon Spurgeon that learning most precious truths of the gospel which he preached in many, many of his written sermons kept my ship afloat, steady through many turbulent times and dangerous stormy weather, particularly in the early years of my walk with God. I would say to any as it was said to me by the kindly older brother when he first pressed into my hands a copy of Spurgeon's "An all round ministry" "give him 15 minutes and you will love him."
I came across CHS about 4 yrs ago and unfortunately some internet preachers are possibly blasphemous by dismissing him and exhibiting a lot of self righteous pride by doing so. Unfortunately some of his sermons were a bit advanced for myself and I would have to listen to the same sermon some 3 to 6 times. Could be my own denial for so many decades contributed here. The link you posted is NG. This link is to a site that has a lot of his sermons in audio too. https://www.spurgeongems.org/spurgeon-audio/#S

P

persistent

Here is someone I love. :)
Yes! Yes! I started listening to Charles Stanley about a year ago and am almost certain he preaches the Bible. I still even now am cautious about some others you listed and am possibly putting my opinion in the wrong place since I still don't trust my discernment but I do know that there are many preachers that give too much of their own 'opinion' and then I have to go through a lot of commentaries to determine if what they are preaching is accurate.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I came across CHS about 4 yrs ago and unfortunately some internet preachers are possibly blasphemous by dismissing him and exhibiting a lot of self righteous pride by doing so. Unfortunately some of his sermons were a bit advanced for myself and I would have to listen to the same sermon some 3 to 6 times. Could be my own denial for so many decades contributed here. The link you posted is NG. This link is to a site that has a lot of his sermons in audio too. https://www.spurgeongems.org/spurgeon-audio/#S
Spurgeon and Stanley belong to what is called the Sovereign Grace stream of theology, there is no harm in reading or hearing a good sermon a few times.

I formed my theological views from my own prayer and bible study. I tend only to listen to those preachers who agree with me. God bless you.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I must say my later years have been blessed by the life and preaching of Pastor Joseph Prince. I am totally at odds with his Pre-Tribulation doctrine and I think he mis-appropriates some blessings from the future Millennial age to the present age.

Never-the-less his grip on the Grace doctrines is firm, his knowledge and use of the Bible extensive and his preaching unctioned and refreshing.

Anni

Sep 27, 2023
I will say of Charles Haddon Spurgeon that learning most precious truths of the gospel which he preached in many, many of his written sermons kept my ship afloat, steady through many turbulent times and dangerous stormy weather, particularly in the early years of my walk with God. I would say to any as it was said to me by the kindly older brother when he first pressed into my hands a copy of Spurgeon's "An all round ministry" "give him 15 minutes and you will love him."

A pastor told the following:
A member of his church approached Rev Spurgeon at the pulpit after a sermon at the Tabernacle, interrupting a discussion between the pastor and another person.
He announced that he was very grateful for the sermon delivered every Sunday and, after several months, was now a completely different man. He had no bad temper any more, was patient, long-suffering, full of love for his fellow man etc.
Rev Spurgeon didn't stop his conversation but picked up his glass of water and threw it in the man's face, who burst out in a loud stream of profanities.
The pastor who told this a few years ago said: "Now THAT's the way to test a person's faith!"

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
A pastor told the following:
A member of his church approached Rev Spurgeon at the pulpit after a sermon at the Tabernacle, interrupting a discussion between the pastor and another person.
He announced that he was very grateful for the sermon delivered every Sunday and, after several months, was now a completely different man. He had no bad temper any more, was patient, long-suffering, full of love for his fellow man etc.
Rev Spurgeon didn't stop his conversation but picked up his glass of water and threw it in the man's face, who burst out in a loud stream of profanities.
The pastor who told this a few years ago said: "Now THAT's the way to test a person's faith!"
I think this story is apocryphal