Let's make music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 10, 2021
Greetings all,

I make music and wanted to see if you guys are anything like me, I look for Christian versions of secular bands I used to listen to. I learned that God has gifted us with talents that are made to glorify Him and edify the saints. I encourage you all to do the same.

Thank you guys for your time.

Boyd II

Last edited by a moderator:

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Greetings all,

I make music and wanted to see if you guys are anything like me, I look for Christian versions of secular bands I used to listen to. I learned that God has gifted us with talents that are made to glorify Him and edify the saints. I encourage you all to do the same.

Thank you guys for your time.

Boyd II
Let me ask you this. Is stealing another bands sound really utilizing God's gift? It seems to me creativity shouldn't be about taking someone else's idea and doing a lesser version of it. That seems more like wasting a gift.
The majority of Christian bands never break out of being mediocre because they're chasing after what's already been done rather than innovating, or even doing Well whats out there already. And with Christians always wanting a band that sounds like "insert famous secular band" they're adding to the problem.
Demon Hunter is one of those few bands that broke out and actually excelled, because they push boundaries and grow. They also have good branding which makes them easily identifiable. As well as their own sound.
I basically gave up on the blandness of most Christian bands. And that blandness shows by what seems to be, on average, a time of lowest impact by Christian bands in decades, in the secular community.

Apr 10, 2021
Let me ask you this. Is stealing another bands sound really utilizing God's gift? It seems to me creativity shouldn't be about taking someone else's idea and doing a lesser version of it. That seems more like wasting a gift.
The majority of Christian bands never break out of being mediocre because they're chasing after what's already been done rather than innovating, or even doing Well whats out there already. And with Christians always wanting a band that sounds like "insert famous secular band" they're adding to the problem.
Demon Hunter is one of those few bands that broke out and actually excelled, because they push boundaries and grow. They also have good branding which makes them easily identifiable. As well as their own sound.
I basically gave up on the blandness of most Christian bands. And that blandness shows by what seems to be, on average, a time of lowest impact by Christian bands in decades, in the secular community.
I'd be willing to discuss this further. I'd appreciate a PM if that is allowed.