Letter for a woman that was anxious to marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
I wrote this letter for a woman that look forward to marriage. I hope that this letter can serve for you to help someone that think the same thing about marriage.

Grace and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

From what I perceive based on our conversations, you are seeking out in the marriage a way to break away from the situation that you are in. The problem is that fleeing people don't savvy where to go. In the Holy Scripture says:

• “For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break out before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.” (Isaiah 55.12).
  • “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.” (Col 3.15).

Marriage isn't a way to get away from the predicaments, but a sharing of virtues:

• “And did He not make you one? Yet the vestige of the Spirit is in him. And what of the one? He was seeking a godly seed. Then guard your spirit, and do not act treacherously with the wife of your youth.” (Malachi 2.15).

When our life is fraught of the anointing of the Holy Spirit, our heart is able to overflow the love and peace of Christ for our enemies in the valley of the shadow of the death (Psalms 23.4,5). His goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our life justly to enable us to exercise the piety.

I know you yearn for a life of tranquility (me too). Nevertheless, in the world, Jesus was very clear: we will have afflictions (John 16.33). Only after the Final Judgment we will have this quietness.

For the nonce, we are in this world so that we can be used for Jesus to work the heart of the people around us and vice-versa.

If we don't have humbleness and patience, certainly we will engage in conundrums very worst than the problems that we have now (meditate on Psalms 42.7). And from what I see, patience is not your forte.

Believe: all that is done in a hurry finish bad:

• “An inheritance gotten hastily in the beginning, even the end of it shall not be blessed.” (Proverbs 20.21).

Considering that the marriage is heritage of the Lord (Psalm 127.3-5; Psalms 128), if home is built in a rush (on the sand - Matthew 7.24-27), certainly it will break up and this wreaks havoc horrible and irretrievable.

I know a woman who was replaced by a harlot after thirty years of marriage and another who had her marriage broken up after twenty-seven years of marriage. Certainly you don't desire this. So, accept the advice of the Psalms 40.1: wait with pacience in Jesus (see also Psalms 37.4,7; Psalms 46.10).

Perhaps now you are angry at me. However, if I disposed myself to spend two and a half hours to write this message is because I care about your life and desire that you be veritable happy and well successful in all that you do in your life (as in Psalms 1.3). I sincerely hope that we can be friends and help one another to know Jesus better.

Finally, have I good day in Christ Jesus, have pleasure in His company (Psalms 37.4), always believing:

• “Therefore be humbled under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your anxiety onto Him, for He cares for you.” (1Peter 5.6,7).