Letting go of Fear and increasing Faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

floebby

Hello everyone,

My name is Florence and have been struggling for a long time with fear, i find that over the years it is gettin worse and in fact limiting me to not only live my life but grow. Some say that this fear comes about from lack of faith, or injsufficient faith. Although i have always believed myself to be a strong Believer in God and Christ and to Love them to no ends. But something is definately wrong, so perhaps they are right. Why am i consumed by fear? How do i let go, and leave it all in the hands of the Lord? How do i increase my faith in the Lord? For i only want to live through Him, and i do not believe that He wants me to live in fear!

Please help, anything you say could truly go a long way in helping me overcome this

R

Ramon

It was written that perfect love casts out all fear. So, not love, but perfect love.

But what is perfect love? My friend, my beautiful friend. Perfect love is the Love of God so much to give his ONLY son to die for a rebellious and wayward people. Have you experienced this? Do you understand how deep of a love that is?

Well, think of this, what is your most precious possession? Name one thing, not something that you would care less if you lost, but one thing that means your life to you, even if it is your own life, or the life of one of your friends. Say, maybe your best friend or your favorite pet.

Now, imagine that one of your worst enemies came along, and they were in need of help, and they never helped you or anything, but treated you wrong. And the only way they could be helped is if you gave up the thing that was the closest to you, maybe even your own life. Do you know what type of faith that would take to give up your life for someone else? EVEN WHEN THEY HATED YOU??

AHHHH!! So this is the PERFECT LOVE! Love that is willing to die on behalf of another. And so, this love will certainly cast out all fear, even the fear of death. But remember the difference explained in this:

For God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and a SOUND MIND!! And here is what this Spirit comes with:

''I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the Power of God unto salvation to all that believe''

AND

''Perfect love casts out all fear''

AND

1Pe 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

May Jesus bless you

F

floebby

Thank you Ramon for that, it is clear to me now that i have not completed accepted Gods Love, nor have i allowed myself to Love Him completely. So now how do i do that? It may sound like a silly question, but honeslty, it seems i have been doin some things wrong or by the half. So i would like to know how I allow the Lord to Love me, how do I grow my Love and trust in Him so that it becomes perfect love?

Please have patience with me, I am trying to grow myself and most importantly to grow in the Lord

R

Ramon

Thank you Ramon for that, it is clear to me now that i have not completed accepted Gods Love, nor have i allowed myself to Love Him completely. So now how do i do that? It may sound like a silly question, but honeslty, it seems i have been doin some things wrong or by the half. So i would like to know how I allow the Lord to Love me, how do I grow my Love and trust in Him so that it becomes perfect love?

Please have patience with me, I am trying to grow myself and most importantly to grow in the Lord
Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

AND

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Joh 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Joh 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Joh 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Joh 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
Joh 15:24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
Joh 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Joh 15:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

R

REDMama

I think that since none of us in reading your written post can understand or know all the details of your particular situation and your make-up and how you are created as a human being, that if you feel comfortable and could, say what you are afraid of?

You say you have fear, general fear?

Alot of us have fears, but it doesn't stop us from living.

And some are completely normal even if you feel like they bother you.
Fear of car accidents, which is out of our control, because another driver could hit you.
If you've been abused, fear it will happen again, which is healthy, because you understand the character and nature of that person who abused you, and know if they did it once, it could happen again.
Fear of forgiving, because we are harmful humans at one time or another, and if you forgive someone they may take your kindness and spiritual power for granted and then hurt you again, thus wasting your time and life, unless they are also deserving.

fear of pain, childbirth, needles, that is me. fear of men, because all they have been to me, is hurtful and mean, and mostly bad.

An example-----
But, it is a woman's decision, to be a mother or not. We do not have to be, we do in a sense because that is what females are made for. But what happens when someone like me, is still able to bear a child, and a few good godly guys know, but nothing happens, so we keep on hurting with these maternal feelings and instincts as we should as we get older and live different parts of life. Right now I have alot of anger, because so many young girls and women in this world have children, they have been blessed, although they don't always see it that way, and then someone like me, who wants, but no one will let me, I can't fathom why they keep judging me, if a doctor or the world wants me to have a baby that bad, well then give me the right things I need to do it, a home of my own, food, financial resources, and stop huring me and my spirit so I can take care of another life, CORRECT, yes!

Anyway, I say all this, because I don't know your particular situation, but the Lord will relieve your fears in some way.

Pray
Keep your mind on something else
If the fear becomes too overwhelming and burdensome, well then you'll ask for more help, or having to end up to go to the doctor or a pastor.

I am afraid of driving in the rain, because it is dangerous, and rain is of God, a force more powerful than me and out of my control. But do I let this fear be with me at all times, NO. It is part of who I am, is everyone else like that, NO. I have an awe, that I am human, and if I can't see correctly in the rain, or get scared because the car is sliding, I can't control a machine, I might get hurt, and then it was my own dumb fault for going out in the rain. I am sure you understand if you drive.

SO WITH YOU, YOU ARE YOU, AND THAT IS IT! DON'T CUT YOURSELF DOWN FOR HAVING FEARS, IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW, BUT I KNOW IT HAPPENS.

Let me share with you the definition of fear from Webster's Dictionary

Fear

1. anxiety caused by real or possible danger, pain, etc; fright
2. awe; reverence
3. apprenhension; concern
4. a cause for fear
5. to expect with misgiving

Now what is the opposite of fear, here is one way of looking at it

Confidence

1. trust, reliance
2. assurance
3. belief in one's own abilities
4. the belief that another will keep a secret
5. certain
6. sure of oneself
7. filled with faith

You can have confidence, do what you need, and in time you will get it or it will be given to you. God is a giver of good gifts. So, the bible says. Although it does not always happen. Be as patient as possible.

Hope this helps.

God Bless