Liberty

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yonah

Oct 31, 2014
This seems to be claimed by many a believer 2Co 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

yet I have seen that as soon as one attempts to live in this liberty, people begin trying to limit it, by foisting there own beliefs upon a person who sincerely seeks to walk with our Beloved Savior in the fullness He intended, each is drawn and led into a relationship with Him, and He leads that individual the way he sees fit according to His will, yet I have witnessed many trying to thrust them out of the way that he has led them to walk in, soon as they are doing something different from what a pastor or preacher is espousing, (never mind that what they teach may be error) this person is treated as lesser then others who go along to get along, we as believers are admonished to be students of scripture (2 tim.2:14) why is it the moment we start thinking for ourselves someone has to say were wrong, not because were leading others astray or attempting to teach a twisted version of what the bible says, but because what we have learned and our prayerful study of scripture has shown us something different then what is taught in the mainstream, seems this liberty only applies to those who do and believe as the popular view demands, I for one tearfully and prayerfully seek the truth, not mans interpretation of it, I realize that persicution is part of our walk and I willingly accept that, as I have not shed blood for the Good news (gospel) I have been ignored and ridiculed by my family and now am estranged from them, I am ok with that to, I have a family of believers who show the love of the Messiah and are now my true family, see this is why this hurts so much.... many say they love you in the Savior until you actually do what the bible says, and even though some things they teach , there exist absolutely no scriptural bases for, they insist they teach and speak the truth, and go as far as to use scripture out of its context to "prove" their false teaching, and use scripture against the one who is speaking according to the truth, rather then reasoning with and attempting to understand all is done is attack and misapplication of scripture, you know our Savior NEVER meant us to use His word in such a manner, and I pray that those who follow man rather then the Savior will one day have their eyes opened, sorry for this rant... I just needed to get this out, shalom

Nov 22, 2015
Very true brother...always remember...they can do nothing against the truth....All is well! Jesus is Lord!.... and His plans and purposes will be fulfilled!

Feb 7, 2015
Good grief. Long paragraphs are tough enough to wade through. But, one single, long, continuous sentence? Wow.

C

Chuckt

[video]https://youtu.be/9hmnuJryFP4[/video]

F

FreeNChrist

Good grief. Long paragraphs are tough enough to wade through. But, one single, long, continuous sentence? Wow.
Hey, if it was good enough for Paul........

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.Matt. 15:9

vain:maten: folly, to NO PURPOSE.

Teaching error and falsehood, for fun and financial profit, relegates the body of Christ's worship service to folly and to NO PURPOSE. Scary.

The inventions and contrivances of self interested men that have an agenda 'make the pure word of God of NONE EFFECT (the body of Christ impotent, cursed) through your TRADITION which you have delivered (taught) and MANY such like things you (shepherds) do.

C

Chuckt

The Bible teaches that scripture interprets scripture.
Someone running wild with a proof text is only using one verse and they refuse to hear all of the other verses because they like darkness rather than light.

Are they in a church? Where is the Church's statement of faith? Are they following it? Or are they in a liberal church where everything goes because they go from church to church until they get somewhere that will let them do what they want?

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Willie I've missed you. Your patient, kind and gentle, respectful demeanor with the pure love of Jesus flowing forth in humility always. Thank God you're back bro.. How are you my humble friend?

oops! Mark 7:13 for that last entry above. I are not perfect!

Last edited:

Yonah

Oct 31, 2014
sorry I didn't realize the grammar meant more then the message itself, I guess if someone speaks the truth lets not address the issue itself why don't we complain because its not ordered as we would have done, SMH

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
sorry I didn't realize the grammar meant more then the message itself, I guess if someone speaks the truth lets not address the issue itself why don't we complain because its not ordered as we would have done, SMH
Its called using a diversionary tactic. Like on the O'reilly show.......no spin please....Just answer the question.

I have submitted tons of scriptures on this site. Many side step them by calling me bitter, angry.....or worse...the antichrist! Smile. That's because they CANNOT answer the verses or refute them.

Last edited:
B

BeyondET

My favorite scripture verse For I sense its 100% real
Luke 1:37
For nothing will be impossible with God

there are more similar in the bible.

Sep 4, 2012
Liberty is freedom from sin and the power of darkness to serve the living GOD and do his will.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Willie I've missed you. Your patient, kind and gentle, respectful demeanor with the pure love of Jesus flowing forth in humility always. Thank God you're back bro.. How are you my humble friend?
Tongue in cheek sardonicism is tricky :)

S

skylove7

My favorite scripture verse For I sense its 100% real
For nothing will be impossible with God

there are more similar in the bible.
Yessss....I love this
Inspiring :)

For in God's hands
Was the power to create
The heavens and earth, no lie