Life: what's your thought?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

LIFE:

Here is a simple question: Is life either CHANCE OR DESIGN? What is your answer?

CHANCE:
1. No Reason.
2. No Purpose.
3. No Hope.
4. No Morals.

Therefore: No accountability.

Or

DESIGN:
1. Reason.
2. Purpose.
3. Hope.
4. Morals.

Therefore: We are accountable

Which one do you believe Chance or Design?

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
We have a soul...the life in the blood...which is the motivated free will of the conscience. We are motivated from birth...given the ability to make motivated decisions...and in making decisions which approve of God and hate sin in the flesh...we declare through attitudes, actions, thoughts, and words that we are following the judgments of God...even if we do not even know all that is defined by God as good...or defined as evil.

We approve of love and work to mature and produce fruit that glorifies God...

When we trust God and seek His glory...we may be able to take some credit for approving of the love we have been taught and have known...but...even then...we have no ability to approve of God eternally without Him. Without Him we can do nothing.

To God be the glory for all the good and perfect from heaven which is in us...which is why we can go home where we are actually from being born again and allowing God to motivate souls through a living sacrifice...holy and acceptable and a reasonable service.

P

Powemm

Designed by God from His reasoning, brought forth by His purpose, whose morals extend beyond all goodness, and because of Him, He is the reason of my hope

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
You've only got to look at your hands and see the intricate function and design in the way they operate. Amount of nerves.. tendens.. joints.. all operating precisely and flexibly (when of course they aren't hurt :))

How does randomness get that?

It's like throwing a whole lot of muscles and sinews and bones together without thought and somehow over time it becomes a perfectly working hand?

Na.. now come on!

Another thing-- ever heard of the 'bombadier bettle'?

It has two chemicals inside it's abdomen.. under the shell.. in seperate sections, seperated by a thin piece. These two chemicals are ejected when the bombadier bettle is threatened and explode out the back toward the enemy.

How does randomness get that?

You can't remove anything from this bettle, can't reduce it's complexity otherwise it just doesn't function.

There are numerous other natural things that bear the fingerprints of Jesus our Creator. Another examples is birds and bees getting pollen and seeds from plants- and the plants are pre-prepared to allow the birds and bees to collect the seeds and pollen.

That's not randomness :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
hmm... not entirely sure of the reason for this thread but I will answer anyways, it was clearly by design. I have a question though do we believe there everything happens for a reason? See I don't believe in accidents or coincidences, I am a strong believer in cause and effect. what we may see as an accident and a coincidence may in fact simply be the effect of an action by us or someone and that action may have been meant to happen the question is though was meant by God or satan or just from us being well- dumb.

D

dalconn

Until a tornado can blow through a junk yard and create a learjet I'm going with the design school of thought

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AboundingGrace

hmm... not entirely sure of the reason for this thread but I will answer anyways, it was clearly by design. I have a question though do we believe there everything happens for a reason? See I don't believe in accidents or coincidences, I am a strong believer in cause and effect. what we may see as an accident and a coincidence may in fact simply be the effect of an action by us or someone and that action may have been meant to happen the question is though was meant by God or satan or just from us being well- dumb.
I remember hearing that idea when I was in my 20's.