Light and Colors?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does Color Exist?

• I believe that Color only exists in the light

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I believe that Color existed both light and darkness.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
C

Crazy4GODword

this really isn't about much of the bible...it might.....just a thought

actually i do not think any human here knows the real answer but i rather have what you believe or your opinion.....

Ok, people say that colors are not real they do not exist........they only exist in the light
They say that color only appears by a certain angle of light a certain material or a certain something that makes the color.....pretty much saying that everything is not made with color, because color only appears when light combined with a certain angle or material.

>>>>>> this means a apple is red in the light and nothing in the dark

Now, the other people say that color appears anywhere every where........

>>>>that means if a banana is yellow in the light that means it is yellow in the dark

We really cannot test this because how do we know it is yellow or black at night or in the dark.......ya cant i do not think????? Maybe so what do you believe?

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Well every material has a refractive index. And as a result, when it receives light, it only absorbs the rays at that particular index. So as long as the index is the same the color is the same.
I think light shares its color :) that way i would share my colors of joy with the world :D

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
you know what? Suddenly am confused so... I don't know what i believe anymore.

V

VRJ

Crazy4Godword,

So, we can see the yellow banana in light but not in dark.

An apple is red in light but not in dark.

Colors are not real they do not exist but yet they exist in light.

Sounds like a question on a science test.

If a tree falls in the forest can you hear it? Only if you are there.
A rainbow we can see sometimes after a rain but only if you are there after the rain.
Stars shine only at night only when you go out to see them at night. Yet, they are still there in the daytime.

We see, feel, hear, taste only when we use our senses to see, hear, feel, taste.
God gave us all these and we know him only when we are there. To see his creation, feel his love and love for others. There's a physical way to see, hear, etc. and there's a spiritual way to see and hear.

I bet before the flood the stars were in colors. Who knows, maybe someday we will see with our spiritual eyes this.

If this is a science question do I get an A?

C

Crazy4GODword

Crazy4Godword,

So, we can see the yellow banana in light but not in dark.

An apple is red in light but not in dark.

Colors are not real they do not exist but yet they exist in light.

Sounds like a question on a science test.

If a tree falls in the forest can you hear it? Only if you are there.
A rainbow we can see sometimes after a rain but only if you are there after the rain.
Stars shine only at night only when you go out to see them at night. Yet, they are still there in the daytime.

We see, feel, hear, taste only when we use our senses to see, hear, feel, taste.
God gave us all these and we know him only when we are there. To see his creation, feel his love and love for others. There's a physical way to see, hear, etc. and there's a spiritual way to see and hear.

I bet before the flood the stars were in colors. Who knows, maybe someday we will see with our spiritual eyes this.

If this is a science question do I get an A?
hmm friend you brought up some good points (stars, rainbows, and trees).....and yes you get an A :)
and is this science? see i heard this from my dad who heard it from someone else.....got me thinking cause if you think about it color can only appear in light,,,,how then do we know that the color stays or fades away when it get darker......

say like you have grass right....in the day it is green......but at night with no stars or moon or any light can you see the green grass? can you still see the color? is the color still there or vanished after the sun went down?

this is something i do not think people alone can test......how do we know that grass will keep its green even in the dark at night? cause if we knew then we would be nocturnal right? This is confusing in somewhat of a way and i thought about what you guys might think or see your opinions.

D

dmdave17

Hmmm. I seem to recall from my prehistoric science classes (or were they art classes?) that "pigmentation" causes color. And I also seem to recall that pigmentation is an integral part of any object, and exists apart from anything else. So my answer would have to be that color exists in the dark as well as the light. :)

C

Crazy4GODword

yeah i think that was the word pigmentation.... see i believe it is there, but we cannot see it in the dark but i believe it is still there.....and yeah i think my dad heard about this maybe in something of art or art classes.

May 21, 2009
If you take a bunch of colors and mix them they turn white. How is that???

Jan 18, 2011
Color is a perception based on the frequency of electromagnetic radiation (photons) hitting your eye, which is determined by the nature of the atoms of the object those photons bounce off of. In other words, color is two things: a subjective perception in your mind, which is a result of objective facts about atoms and photons. So there's a relation between what we perceive as color and the objective reality, but keep in mind that the objective reality is not actually "colorful." That's just our brain's interpretation of information about interactions between electrons and photons.

Also, our ability to perceive color only ranges over a small part of the electromagnetic spectrum. The majority of the spectrum is entirely invisible to us, such as microwaves, x-rays, gamma rays, and radio waves (which make up the infrared and ultraviolet ends of the spectrum).

As for the poll question, color only exists when there is light, by definition, since light is electromagnetic radiation is photons. However, the objective nature of the atoms of the object being seen does not change in light or darkness.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
My hubby and one of my chidren are color blind.
So, even in light they see no color.
They see only levels of light.
So ...how does this figure into all of this? :)

God bless.
pickles

C

Consumed

your going to grow into a fine young God fearing, Jesus loving man, your parents must take joy for your love of the Lord, a testiment to your upbringing

Jan 18, 2011
My hubby and one of my chidren are color blind.
So, even in light they see no color.
They see only levels of light.
So ...how does this figure into all of this? :)

God bless.
pickles
Color is a subjective product of the mind, so different people may perceive color differently. There isn't really any such thing as color in the world itself, just information transmitted by electromagnetic waves as a result of the interactions of photons and atoms.

C

Crazy4GODword

your going to grow into a fine young God fearing, Jesus loving man, your parents must take joy for your love of the Lord, a testiment to your upbringing
Ty friend and you show generosity through words :), God bless