LISTENING TO GOD

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joidevivre

Senior Member
Jul 15, 2014
3,838
272
83
How do you know for sure you are hearing from the Lord and not your own thoughts? I would like to hear some comments. I just use faith and trust as long as it does not contradict scripture.
 

Attachments

  • 2014-CC-BLOG.jpg
    2014-CC-BLOG.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 37
Hi . Like you said as long as it lines up with God's word! + good thoughts, thoughts that just pops up in your head, things you where not even thinking about at that moment! E.g the other day I was nervous and scared and randomly threw the day I just started singing this song because it was load and clear inside my head so when I finally stopped and start thinking about what I was singing I went to listen to the songs real lyrics and I was amazed it was God talking to me telling me I need to move when he moves! Follow Him and know that he is my author of my story so what can go wrong! And when I'm in the middle of His will there's nothing left to fear! God is GOOD so all good things are from Him. Check your word, be still for a moment and then you will hear Him load and clear threw thoughts, songs, people, pictures. All I had to was to ask Him to make me more aware of Him.

Have a awesome Day!
Would love to hear how you are growing in Gods wonderful gifts!
 
I think little children could really hear what God is saying to them if we encourage them to listen. They don't analyze everything yet. Yet we keep telling them what God wants them to know instead of just asking them to be still for a moment and try to hear what God has to say.
One day a 4 year old wanted me to pray for his sore finger, and as I was praying for Jesus to touch his finger, he stopped me and asked how God could touch his finger if he was living in his heart. So, I told him to listen and God would tell him. After a few minutes, he said "He told me - He said that he crawls out of my heart, go through my shoulder and down my arm and touches my finger and then crawls back into my heart." The awesome thing is that God speaks the language of the age of the listener. I probably would have given him a more abstract type of answer, and that isn't what God wanted him to think.
 
I test the spirit and also all I may receive in spirit must never contradict the Scriptures.
I test the spirit by asking Is Jesus LORD or did God walk in flesh as Jesus Christ, died to redeem mankind and resurrected? Then wait and be still.
Demons will either deny Jesus or keep quiet, not professing Him (1 Jn 4:3). If they are around pestering and trying to hinder my communication with God I just praise Him and wait still until I am 100% sure it is Jesus. They did this in the beginning very often and God allowed it in order for me to practice and it pleases Him when we are making sure it is HIM.