Lonely and confused

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 14, 2009
I am really at the point where I don't understand what it all means. When you are single you want to be married, when you are married you want to be single. I have been with my boyfriend for a year now. He wil go through periods where he won't call me for a whole day, today is one of those days for example. We live 2 hours away. We have been abstinent and we both follow God. I wonder if he is ever going to ask me to marry him. Being single sucks. It can be really lonely. I want someone to talk to you know? besides my girlfriends. I don't tell him it bothers me that he has days where he doesn't call because I don't want to appear posessive or insecure and all that other stuff. The last time we talked was on Monday night. I got a text yesterday but other than that I feel a hole. He is developing a pattern of this and it makes me wonder if he loves me or not. I really need someone to talk to tonight.

G

goth4god

aw yeah id does stink to be single.
I've been single most of my life.
and when i did have a bf it was long distance so i know how you feel when you go a day without getting to really talk to him.
=/

Feb 14, 2009
Aw. Thanks for talking to me and responding. Yeah we see each other on the weekend, not every weekend but yeah, I think he is getting to a place where he feels he doesn't have to try. Where is the romance you know?

G

goth4god

yeah...
idk what your relationship is like, but if i were in your shoes and if it was a pretty open relationship i would just go ahead and tell him whats on my mind and how i feel about the relationship. cuz i mean a relationship is between 2 ppl so both of them should know how eachother feel about it. and most the guys i know really suck when it comes to reading signs and getting hints that are dropped. so he may not be doing any of this on purpose, he might not even know hes doing it and be compleatly oblivious to it! lol

Feb 14, 2009
Aw thank you for that wonderful advice! yeah men are so clueless sometimes.

J

-JCaroline-

I would say most of the time! lol

But yep, you're right, sometimes you dont know how to act around them.

Blah!

Feb 14, 2009
Thank you guys. I wrote him an e-mail and I told him that I want to hear from him everyday and explained that it affects me. I told him if he has time to post status updated and talk to people on the net all day (which he does on his facebook) he has time to write to me.

We all have needs right? I mean one text message to greet me during the day or something. But nothing all day? and the last phone call was 3 days ago? I want to feel adored by my partner. Now when he calls finally it will be like "oh how are you stranger?" I mean, if a friend said to him "How is Traci?" he would have to say "have no clue we haven't talk in a few days, I should call my her and see".

G

gracegrl74

you can talk to me....im on yahoo gracegrl74 or msn [email protected] i will pray for you...
[
quote=supernova1976;23809]I am really at the point where I don't understand what it all means. When you are single you want to be married, when you are married you want to be single. I have been with my boyfriend for a year now. He wil go through periods where he won't call me for a whole day, today is one of those days for example. We live 2 hours away. We have been abstinent and we both follow God. I wonder if he is ever going to ask me to marry him. Being single sucks. It can be really lonely. I want someone to talk to you know? besides my girlfriends. I don't tell him it bothers me that he has days where he doesn't call because I don't want to appear posessive or insecure and all that other stuff. The last time we talked was on Monday night. I got a text yesterday but other than that I feel a hole. He is developing a pattern of this and it makes me wonder if he loves me or not. I really need someone to talk to tonight.[/quote]

A

Ancilla

Well, to paraphrase Dr. Phil when you get married you need to make sure you are running towards something and not away from something. So, if you get marry this guy it should be because it's him you want to be with rather than because you don't want to be single. Being single can really, really suck, but it's a walk in the park compared to being in a bad marriage. I mean I've heard it said that it's better to be happily single than unhappily married, but the truth is it's better to be unhappily single than unhappily married. I've heard (because I'm not married, never have been, so I don't know this first hand) that if your married but not really emotionally connecting than it can be more lonely than being single.

So, you're wondering if this guy is going to ask you to marry you. Do you know if he wants to get married in the foreseeable future? If he's not into marriage and you are, then you need to find someone else. Do you two want the same things in life? Do you think he'd make a good husband? Have you talked about what you want in the future? If not than there's no way to fix that. Every day you spend in a relationship with the wrong guy is a day where you're not looking for the right one.

I

incorporatestreet

maybe you are depending on man instead of god?
if you feel a hole in your relationship, and if you arent happy
then you need to tell him what is bothering you or it will just get worse.
and maybe you need to reconsider the relationship...

where in the bible does it say for us to date?
it doesnt.
god created adam and eve.
he didnt creat adam, jack, joe, eve, sara, and jill for us to pick from.
make sure that this guy is your 'adam'

if you are serious about this, read the book 'God is Your Matchmaker'
im reading it and it is definitely an eye opener.
god bless.