Look at the Crucifix‏

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Marie25

Banned
Feb 14, 2015
10
0
0
You would like to know God?
Look at the crucifix.

You would like to love God?
Look at the crucifix.


You want to be happy with Him forever and forever?
Look at the crucifix.


You wonder what God is and what is He like?
Look at the crucifix.


You wonder what you are and what you are worth?
Look at the crucifix.


You wonder how merciful God is?
Look at the crucifix.


You wonder how much He wants you in heaven?
Look at the crucifix.


You wonder how much He will help you to get there?
Look at the crucifix.
 
But Jesus is not on the cross no more he rose 3 days later. The cross is the symbol of Jesus's death to pay for the sins of man. We are encouraged to look up to God and not symbols. if you get what I mean. We are to look to God for healing, we pray to God, we come to God through Jesus. not a Cross or crucifix. I can see what you mean. But the cross is is more of a symbol of Jesus death and resurection and what he did for us.
 
Look to the RESURRECTION to remind us that now Christ lives in us through His Spirit.

Look to the RESURRECTION to show us the power available to us to bring us newness of life.

Look to the RESURRECTION to prove death has no more power over us. He overcame death for us.
 
I have a rosary and every time I look at it I'm reminded of what JESUS did for me! Hallelujah Of course JESUS is not still on the cross. If he was still on the cross you would still be in your sins. Thank God he was crucified for us and he died for us and rose again for our justification. Now he's seated at the right hand of the Father. But the crucifix still reminds us of the price JESUS paid for us all. Amen
 
I guess I should be a little more clearer with what I said on my first comment. I am not Catholic or any other religion though as a baby I was christened a Roman Catholic. I've been several different religions including Full Gospel. Why people get offended about a crucifix beats me? I think it's beautiful what JESUS did. The greatest act of love laying down his life for his friends. No greater love than that. And no I don't pray to Mary that's not scriptural and no I dont confess sins to anyone. I have one Father from above. Careful people...I have an Aunt who is filled with the Holy Spirit,believes in Divine healing,and speaks in tongues and she is still an active member of a Catholic Church in Louisiana. That's why we need to be careful about passing any kind of judgment upon others.
 
... we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

(2 Cor 4:18 /NIV)
 
Ah, when He showed Himself to us, a God, wounded, crucified, and dying, did He not indeed give us the greatest proofs of the love that He bears us?

O my most loving Savior! I feel indeed that all Thy wounds speak to me of the love that Thou bearest me. And who that had so many proofs of Thy love could resist loving Thee in return?
(St. Alphonsus)

The crucifix is a sacred representation of the unspeakable love my Savior bears me.
 
I answer with St. Francis de Sales, namely, that the death and passion of Our Lord is the sweetest and most constraining motive that can animate our hearts in this mortal life...

Who could be hopeless or irritated by the injustice of his own sufferings when seeing Jesus wounded and broken? Who could refuse to yield to the demands of the common good when remembering that Christ became obedient even unto death? Who could be fearful if he embraces the cross of our Redeemer?
 
LeoLion;bt13817 said:
I guess I should be a little more clearer with what I said on my first comment. I am not Catholic or any other religion though as a baby I was christened a Roman Catholic. I've been several different religions including Full Gospel. Why people get offended about a crucifix beats me? I think it's beautiful what JESUS did. The greatest act of love laying down his life for his friends. No greater love than that. And no I don't pray to Mary that's not scriptural and no I dont confess sins to anyone. I have one Father from above. Careful people...I have an Aunt who is filled with the Holy Spirit,believes in Divine healing,and speaks in tongues and she is still an active member of a Catholic Church in Louisiana. That's why we need to be careful about passing any kind of judgment upon others.

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
The Catholic teachings of Confession and the Communion of Saints are proven in Scripture. Please do your aunt a favor by showing her this article: http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.co/eternal_word_television_network.pdf The charismatic movement taking place in the Vatican II sect is not Catholic and does not come from the Holy Spirit. She needs to know that. [/FONT]