Looking down

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
The hours passed the days are long
Thinking of right after being so wrong

New is what's taught some type of lesson
Found in your word I read in this session

Knees hit the floor eyes on the ground
One hand in the air is what you have found

Vision is blurry from tears on the face
Heart beating fast and picking up pace

Satan in the room can feel the fact
Tears turn to a grin all he sees is a back

You speak my name and call my eyes
Swallow hard this face will rise

Fighting this fight for such a long time
Follow your steps not looking at mine

I walked a walk that brought me shame
But a different walk since I spoke your name

How many times will you forgive
How many lies will Satan live

Our past is past never look back
A step at a time staying on track

With open eyes that always look
Left to right inside your book

In my hand and not apart
From my eyes then in my heart

With all this love heart may erupt
Not looking down but looking up

Dear heavenly father
Thank you so much for helping me to remember that I am no longer a man I use to be. Thank for providing us with your holy words. Thank you lord for showing us sin that we may have in our lives that we are unaware of and giving us your strength to turn away. Lord at times our own strength just isn't enough and I am so thankful we have a god that loves us and will help us to fight so we may have victory. Lord it is because of you that we may have victory. There has been so many times I have tried turning away from sin on my own...but because of you lord I can have victory. Everytime I failed on my own and you have shown me that it is you that is truly my rock. I praise you lord and I love you. I thank you lord in Jesus name
Amen

Thank you for reading god bless

Pheobe

Nov 10, 2022
A blessing and privileged to read your poem and your prayer: thanks for posting ✝️👍.

So often I too have struggled with memories and experiences from the past, but like you God's love for me holds centre stage and takes my full attention. Much to my delight!

You have a wonderful testimony - hope you'll post again soon 🙂!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Dear heavenly father
Thank you so much for helping me to remember that I am no longer a man I use to be. Thank for providing us with your holy words. Thank you lord for showing us sin that we may have in our lives that we are unaware of and giving us your strength to turn away. Lord at times our own strength just isn't enough and I am so thankful we have a god that loves us and will help us to fight so we may have victory. Lord it is because of you that we may have victory. There has been so many times I have tried turning away from sin on my own...but because of you lord I can have victory. Every time I failed on my own and you have shown me that it is you that is truly my rock. I praise you lord and I love you. I thank you lord in Jesus name
Amen

Thank you for reading god bless
Amen, thank you!!! Wonderful poem, prayer, and heart attitude :)

Philippians 4:4