looking for help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rose87

I wasn't raised with any kind of religion or spiritual beliefs, but lately my life has taken a turn for the worse and I did some research and decided I do want God in my life, I need his guidance and am willing to accept him into my life. I don't know where to start.

R

rose87

good to see all the warming responses lol

P

princessdeb4111962

I wasn't raised with any kind of religion or spiritual beliefs, but lately my life has taken a turn for the worse and I did some research and decided I do want God in my life, I need his guidance and am willing to accept him into my life. I don't know where to start.
Well Rose ,its so easy.Do u believe u r a sinner?actually in Genesis we r all sinner because Adam n Eve sinned in the garden of eden.we r all from them.so we were born a sinner,but if u don't believe that, if ur not sure I will help u ok.
Have u ever told a lie?if so ur a liar
Have u ever stole anything?if so ur a theft.
have u used God's name in vain,if so u committed blasphemy.
have u looked at a guy with lust,if so u committed adulltery.
so if u said yes to one or all,u have broken the ten commendments.the Bible tells us if u broke just one ,u have broken them all.
U have sinned.the great thing is God made away out for us.He sent a seed in a virgin named Mary n Joesph is her husband,Mary had God's son Jesus,ur Saviour,
It was all in God's awesome plan for us.but Jesus was born,so He could die for ur sins,by the shedding of Jesus's blood,n He did. If we believe ,we r a sinner n confess (repent)with ur mouth all ur sins n change from ur old ways n believe Jesus died on the cross for ur sin n rose again on the third day.
walk n talk to God everyday n study His Word "the Bible",learn scriptures,Words in the Bible,learn more about who God is n Jesus can do for u.life will get better knowing God is in control.think of ur life like a puzzles,we live piece by piece,but God know the whole puzzle,he has a great plan for all of His children,but U have to seek Him with all ur heart Rose.
I pray that I didn't confuse u.if I did please let me know n I will try to explain better.
God is the only hope for anyones life,u made a great choice Rose,but I believe God puts u n I in trials to bring u n I to Him or to make us stronger.
Life sometimes isn't a picnic ,but as a christian we r all reaching for the prize,n that to b with Him in heaven for eternity.
my favorite scripture is John 3:16,"For God so loved this world,he give us His ONLY begotten son,so whom shall believe in Him,will not perish,but will have eternal life with HIm, Sorry,am so bad with scripture so I pray someone else can help u out ok
God bless
DJ:)

P

princessdeb4111962

Remember Rose its a FREE gift,salvation Amen:)

G

Ganizani

Hi Rose,
Greetings, I just want to agree with Princessde......you've made an awesome decision, and may the good Lord bless and keep you. And I'm hereby informing you that I'm willing to do the scriptural part to help you. Stay blessed. May be we can also chat in the chat room (text only). My computer has a sound problem that's why I can only text.....I'm waiting for you there...let's chat.

Ganizani

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Angels in heaven are celibrating you. Welcome and Godbless, pickles

C

Chris

Hey Rose, how are you???
Wow, you've made the best decision of your life!!!
Jesus is the answer for all your questions, the good Shepherd and a only way to follow!!!
Let Jesus guide you to a complete and wonderful life!!! \0/

Matthew, chapter 11, verse 28 : "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Hugs and God bless you!!!

R

Reesegirl

Hi Rose,

Amen to what Princessde said. In the Bible, in Romans 3:23 it says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." That means that everyone is guilty of sin before a Holy and Righteous God. Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death...." and if that were the end of the story, we would all be in a lot of trouble.

But God, in his infinate wisdom and mercy, knowing that we could do nothing to save ourselves, made a way of escape for us. Like Princessde pointed out, in John 3:16 Jesus tells us, "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life." Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. When he was here on earth, he lived a perfect, sinless life, keeping God's holy law. He himself said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." (Matthew 5:17). Then he gave his life on the cross, as a perfect, sinless sacrifice giving his life for the world.

Looking back at Romans 6:23 again, it says, "For the wages of sin is death, BUT the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 5:6-10 says, "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

In 1 Corinthians 15:3-6, the Gospel is put this way: "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once...."

Now, to be saved from your sins, first you must understand that you are a sinner, and be willing to repent, or turn away from, your sins. In Acts 17:24-31, when the Apostle Paul was witnessing to a bunch of people in Greece, he says, "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as thou he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, thou he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man [Jesus] whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."

But Romans 10:9-11 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

If you sincerely believe the word of God, that you are a sinner worthy of death and judgement, but that God in his mercy sent his Son, Jesus Christ to die in your place, and you are ready to place all of your faith in him, simply pray and tell him that, and you will be saved.

Don't wait! Hebrews 10:28-31 gives us this warning: "He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thiing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

Let me just end with John 3:16-18 again: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" ~Acts 16:31

R

rose87

thank you all so much for everything :) I really know i have made the right choice i feel better already

W

wildbill57

Hi Rose, here are some scriptures if you read them as listed you will see God loves you and Jesus died for you.
John 3:16 Ephesians 2:8 & 9 Acts 3: 19 Romans 10: 9 & 10.

Then ask Jesus into your life as your lord and saviour. No fancy words just speak from your heart.

Feel free to ask me questions and I will be glad to help. Read your bible every day and trust Him and pray from your heart.

God bless you!

S

silversprings

Hey Rose, welcome to Gods family, this is the best place to meet some great supporting people... im here to help 2, message anytime

God bless you

R

Ress21

I am so sorry that you have been having a rough time. Although the Lord has a reason for everything!
Remember to keep the Lord with you through the good and bad times. You are never alone even when you feel like it. I'm not sure if you have ever read Footprints In The Sand but it always makes me feel better in my times of need...One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints. This bothered me because I noticedthat during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering fromanguish, sorrow or defeat,I could see only one set of footprints. So I said to the Lord,"You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.Why, when I needed you most,you have not been there for me?" The Lord replied,"The times when you haveseen only one set of footprints in the sand,is when I carried you." Mary Stevenson

It's very brave of you to start this new chapter in your life. And I know that sometimes the guidance from others can be overwhelming or make you question yourself but don't let it pull you back from the Lord. The relationship between youu and Him is what matters and He will see what is in your heart. I hope I am making since lol. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm happy to try and help.

God Bless you!