Lord's Prayer cinema ad ban 'bewilders' Church of England

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

Moronic, yes, but not at all surprising behaviour.

Jan 27, 2013
free speech in the news and daily papers, about certain religions stand and politics. even when they use there own form of terror. yet praying in an advert would offend different walks of life. yet reading in the news paper this terror, offend every walk of life, yet cant say anything like this in the open because it may offend someone.

moronic sums it up, the other side of the coin , would ask news and news papers, do you think, we like reading about terror or about people who harm others, yet it the now thing, having free speech to print, but not having free speech to voice one man/ woman s ideas. etc

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
GOOD!

Why do I say good? because the agency which is responsible for cinema advertising, clearly states they will not allow any political or religious based adverts.

If Christians are allowed to put Lords Prayer out as an advert, then Muslims will have the right to put adverts quoting the Quaran and pushing its views on people. I do not want that to happen.

Free Speech is a myth, just a unicorn promised to us when it is not real, all in order to give an illusion of freedom.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/australia-ads-saying-one-should-be-able-to-flush-quran-down-toilet-without-violent-reprisal-banned-as-discriminatory

S

sydlit

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/australia-ads-saying-one-should-be-able-to-flush-quran-down-toilet-without-violent-reprisal-banned-as-discriminatory
Hey, maybe they can use JoyceMeyers $23,000 one!
See? , What the enemy means for evil, God can use for good. Lol.
(Okay, I know they say her toilet didn't cost that much, just kiddin around, ppl. ..... kinda;))

D

didymos

Flushing a Quran down a toilet isn't a good idea, you have to do page by page (doesn't make good toilet paper too) and the toilet will most certaily get blocked. So burning it is the better option!

Jan 27, 2013
logically, how can we define evil,

for example, some say its wrong to kill, but ok to drop bombs from airplanes.
so if we rely on human logic to solve the problem, were is the need to pray to god. (food for thought)

W

wwjd_kilden

No fair. Agricola beat me to it.

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
To be fair, I don't think this is a free speech issue at all. At least, not anymore than churches not allowing a Muslim to come in and preach a two minute sermon before the main event is a free speech issue.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I think this idea would have been acceptable as little as 10 years ago! Things are just changing so rapidly! We've reached the proverbial "tipping point" in which society has gone past post modernism into outright intolerance for Christianity in the name of secular humanism. This is not the world I grew up in, and I know that as Christians we need to seek God on our knees and pray for revival, accompanied by repentance, a hunger to learn the Wird of God a fervour to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to our countries and the world.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
In the crazy world we live in, if the media agency had taken this christian ad, they would probably be legally obligated to take ads from all religions, including cults, or they could be sued.

The ad agency did not create the political climate we live in.
They're just businessmen watching the "bottom line" and trying to avoid lawsuits.
It's nothing more, and nothing less.

Yes, I think it's really stupid that they're afraid to run the ad.
But I'm sure they'd be happy to take the Church Of England's money, if it didn't risk a lawsuit.

More and more, any expression of faith is going to open up businesses to lawsuits.
It's ridiculous, but that's the world we live in now.

Last edited: