Lordship salvation vs. "easy believism"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I rarely quote another believer unless to show a more articular explanation of something I'm trying to say.
You probably cannot quote anyone beyond people from the last century or so that hold your particular and novel position on predestination.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I don't hold to things that rigidly on what is not explicitly given in the bible.
The Bible nowhere explicitly states that God’s foreknowledge is after conversion.

The Bible nowhere states that predestination is an act of God that follows conversion.

The Bible nowhere states that God foreknew a corporate group but did not foreknow individuals.

The Bible nowhere states that God’s eternal purpose changed after He created the world. Which is why your argument that God foreknew from the foundation of the earth somehow means that He did not have the same eternal purpose before the foundation ( ie in eternity) a strange argument.

Etc.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I don't think leighton holds to individuals ( personally ) being hand picked before they exist ,to be saved later on through previenient grace, as you hold to .
That’s a red herring, because those are not the points we’ve been discussing.

I have said that individuals were foreknown before they existed, and that God elected and predestinated only those whom He foreknew.

In agreement with Paul ( Romans 8:28-30) and Peter ( 1 Peter 1:1-2).

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You probably cannot quote anyone beyond people from the last century or so that hold your particular and novel position on predestination.
I quote the bible and try not to lean on my own understanding . ( And theologians)

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The Bible nowhere explicitly states that God’s foreknowledge is after conversion.

The Bible nowhere states that predestination is an act of God that follows conversion.

The Bible nowhere states that God foreknew a corporate group but did not foreknow individuals.

The Bible nowhere states that God’s eternal purpose changed after He created the world. Which is why your argument that God foreknew from the foundation of the earth somehow means that He did not have the same eternal purpose before the foundation ( ie in eternity) a strange argument.

Etc.
Are you saying God cannot allow individuals free will to choose ,and once in Christ ,are you saying God cannot decide to then predesinate them to future Adoption ( Rom 8.23 ) .Are you saying that God is afraid to allow us to choose . Are you saying God is not able to do things in real time?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
That’s a red herring, because those are not the points we’ve been discussing.

I have said that individuals were foreknown before they existed, and that God elected and predestinated only those whom He foreknew.

In agreement with Paul ( Romans 8:28-30) and Peter ( 1 Peter 1:1-2).
Is the Holy Spirit placing seeking those only chosen to be saved ? Or is the Holy spirit in response to believing the Gospel placing us in the Body of Christ , in real time ?

CS1

May 23, 2012
Is the Holy Spirit placing seeking those only chosen to be saved ? Or is the Holy spirit in response to believing the Gospel placing us in the Body of Christ , in real time ?
The word of God doesn't say " The Holy Spirit only calls those chosen to be saved.