Losing faith in God quickly, Help?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2010
In my blog i wrote :

It shames me to be writing a blog that is full of discouragement, and who's to say it won't eventually obtain encouragement? .... But instead of a light to the world, i am being a darkness, and i feed the shadows that chase down your people God.
I want to give up, i don't see you, feel you, or understand you. I'm not certain you're there, but i live as if you are because i am afraid of the place called hell.
I want you to be real, and true, but i seem to be finding no proof. I never thought i'd need proof because i thought proof came with spiritual growth, and that you would reveal yourself more and more, and i would understand more and more, and be able to explain more and more.... I thought i noticed growing, and i thought i had proof, but when i looked in my hand i only saw a hollow idea. I ask you for understanding, and that you would reveal yourself to me, but i see nothing, and become more confused.
I now feel that i had more proof when i was 14, and believed without question... But then what is proof?

I let myself argue with you.. One argument being "If you're there, and you love me, and you would send your son to die only for my redemption, you are capable of anything, and if your word is true, and i ask..... Should i not receive? All of these things i was taught... I beg you to reveal yourself to me again, so that i can end my doubting and move onward. . So that you may continue to work in me, but still i have not received communication from you. If you care about my salvation, wouldn't you send me a reminder if i asked? So that i may not forget you or be forgotten by my King who created and loves me"?

I am afraid that i am letting go of you, and i am afraid that i am wrong to do so.... Only because i am threatened with hell.
So i am scared into believing in you at this moment.. If i were not afraid, i would let go.. I would be with the man i want to be with, and i would listen to what i want to listen to, and i would do what i want to do.
But freedom to me has now become a trap. I feel that i must live my life after you, always seeking, even if you don't exist.. because if you do exist and i let go and live my life like the rest of the world, i will be miserable for eternity in a pit, with my enemy. . . . I am blind and stupid enough to end my life with you just because i cant see you. Please, show me who you are so that i may not be tempted to let go of my life with you. I want to be with you, but are you there?

Im thinking christians are just people that are afraid of the possibility of hell, so they live their life cautiously. No one knows what's after death... So we all try to prepare for it. . . . But assuming this is the only life i get... If i keep living this way, and hearing nothing from you, i will be miserable.. Leading me to want to just live life in my flesh... Eating, drinking, sleeping, loving, playing... and sinning. Please....

aliciamackenzie.blogspot.com

S

shekaniah

Open the eyes of her heart Lord, Give her wisdom and understanding. Give her a passion to seek your face! Lead and direct her paths,
so in all her ways she will acknowledge you. Give her grace during this time, cover her with your love.

Surround her will people who can come along side her and give her the hope of your glory! In Jesus Name I pray Amen

S

sinnomorePTL

Dear Sister, perhaps this will help you as it has so many:

Oh Lord, how long must I call for help before you listen?
I shout to You in vain; there is no answer. Help Murder! I cry, but no one comes to save. Must I forever see this sin and sadness all around me?

Wherever I look, there is oppression and bribery and men who love to argue and to fight. The law is not enforced and there is no justice given in the courts, for the wicked far outnumber the righteous, and bribes and trickery prevail."

"The Lord replied; Look and be amazed! You will be astounded at what I am about to do! For I am going to do something in your own lifetime that you will have to see to believe." Habakkuk 1: 3-5 Does it not feel right
?
Does it not feel like something tremendous is about to happen? It is in the air! Are you ready?

Dear Lord Jesus, please forgive me for my sins, cast all negative, fearful, doubting spirits far from me, heal me physically, mentally, spiritually, grant me the gift of faith,
wisdom, peace, tranquility, joy, and the certainty that you will never leave me, fill me now with your Holy Spirit, lead and guide my future path in life, these things I ask in Jesus name, Amen

Dear brothers and sisters, speak to our Father often, read His word a bit everyday, go out and find your brothers and sisters of The Almighty God !!! Remember, Salvation is not a feeling, God is with us always. It is only feelings that change. God will return joy to your life, stay close to Him !!!

May God pour out His richest blessings upon you and yours !!! Have a great day in Jesus.

Love in Jesus Christ
bro Gary
In my blog i wrote :

It shames me to be writing a blog that is full of discouragement, and who's to say it won't eventually obtain encouragement? .... But instead of a light to the world, i am being a darkness, and i feed the shadows that chase down your people God.
I want to give up, i don't see you, feel you, or understand you. I'm not certain you're there, but i live as if you are because i am afraid of the place called hell.
I want you to be real, and true, but i seem to be finding no proof. I never thought i'd need proof because i thought proof came with spiritual growth, and that you would reveal yourself more and more, and i would understand more and more, and be able to explain more and more.... I thought i noticed growing, and i thought i had proof, but when i looked in my hand i only saw a hollow idea. I ask you for understanding, and that you would reveal yourself to me, but i see nothing, and become more confused.
I now feel that i had more proof when i was 14, and believed without question... But then what is proof?

I let myself argue with you.. One argument being "If you're there, and you love me, and you would send your son to die only for my redemption, you are capable of anything, and if your word is true, and i ask..... Should i not receive? All of these things i was taught... I beg you to reveal yourself to me again, so that i can end my doubting and move onward. . So that you may continue to work in me, but still i have not received communication from you. If you care about my salvation, wouldn't you send me a reminder if i asked? So that i may not forget you or be forgotten by my King who created and loves me"?

I am afraid that i am letting go of you, and i am afraid that i am wrong to do so.... Only because i am threatened with hell.
So i am scared into believing in you at this moment.. If i were not afraid, i would let go.. I would be with the man i want to be with, and i would listen to what i want to listen to, and i would do what i want to do.
But freedom to me has now become a trap. I feel that i must live my life after you, always seeking, even if you don't exist.. because if you do exist and i let go and live my life like the rest of the world, i will be miserable for eternity in a pit, with my enemy. . . . I am blind and stupid enough to end my life with you just because i cant see you. Please, show me who you are so that i may not be tempted to let go of my life with you. I want to be with you, but are you there?

Im thinking christians are just people that are afraid of the possibility of hell, so they live their life cautiously. No one knows what's after death... So we all try to prepare for it. . . . But assuming this is the only life i get... If i keep living this way, and hearing nothing from you, i will be miserable.. Leading me to want to just live life in my flesh... Eating, drinking, sleeping, loving, playing... and sinning. Please....

S

See_KING_Truth

Faith is most often used to describe believing in something without proof. Often times in my own life I have too wondered why God doesn't reveal himself or give me proof of His existance. During one of these times of thought I was given a revelation. If God revealed Himself undeniably to us, there would be no need for faith in God, furthermore, faith in God would cease to exist completely.

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Hang in there Alicia

H

holydaveholy

They say that youth is wasted on the young. Imagine what a powerful life you could lead if you gave it all to God. Satan sees that you are elloquent, beautiful and intelligent and he seeks to destroy your relationship with God. Ask God directly for faith, tell him how you feel and then make sure to find strength in numbers. You want to keep your Christian friends close at heart and hopefully in physical proximity. Do not fail to regularly attend church service.

Praying for you.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You continue to be in my prayers in Jesus.
Not exact, just from memory...
But Paul said, I have run the race, I have fought the good fight, I have kept the faith!
Another scripture that speaks well. :)

Hugs and God bless.
pickles

H

HeIsNowHere

In my blog i wrote :

I have a few suggestions for you that will help you. Immediately read my dream I had on the rooms. Focus your attention on where you are headed eternally. If you see it then you are going to be reassured bigtime. Then read the book "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. He gives you a great picture of what is coming. This place is so wonderful if you get an idea every single day you will be motivated by the thought of it. Next, Romans 8:38-39 are for you. There is a scripture song of this. Next or even before any of this get the book "Heaven is for Real" about a 4 year old boy who went to heaven and his family tells the story. The book is wonderful and will inspire you guaranteed. Do that first in fact.

Next memorize 1 John 5:11-12 the Assurance of your Salvation. This is for you.

I am glad to help you. Most of us have been through the Valley and many are now walking through it (the Valley of the Shadow of death).

Also, Jesus said to Martha in John 11:25 "I am the Resurection and the life. He who lives and believes in me will NEVER die and whoever believes in ME will never DIE. Do you believe this (to Martha)? So, do you believe that. Now one more important one.

Eph 2:10 "You are God's MASTERPIECE (same Greek word we get POEM from best translated as a masterpiece work of art) created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in Advance for you to do.

God wants you full time in HIS service. Not part time full time. Not serviing yourself but serving and giving to others. That is the purpose for your life. You are HIS masterpiece and He has a wonderful purpose for you. When you received Jesus Christ he gave you a special spiritual gift. You can choose to use it and fill your purpose in life or choose to put other things before it. But if you do the later you will be miserable.

There is a great day of victory coming for you and it is realizing this purpose for your life God has prepared for you. Are you ready? I am 57 years old and been a Christian for 40 years and wasted way too much time not knowing this. I am gifted by God and compelled in evangelism and teaching. I have seen and been overwhelmed by Jesus Christ in my life and so will you.

Consider me your friend and help even though I do not know you. God has me here only to help others and I want to help you if I can.

Jesus will NEVER let you down or disappoint you. He may show you a different way than you want to go but it will ALWAYs be toward his kingdom which consists of JOY, PEACE, and RIGHTEOUSNESS (right living). Are you willing to follow Him now?

A

AgeofKnowledge

We all need to take a step back sometimes and examine ourselves. One of the questions we need to ask is have we surrounded ourselves with the world and the people in it while expecting different results somehow? It's not going to happen. That happens when we surround ourselves with God's people and become involved in the kingdom and participating in Christian activities.

Alcoholics are told to attend 30 meetings in 30 days on their road to recovery. They have learned that when people are willing to go to any lengths to become something better, they often do.

Are we willing to take the initiative to seek out and be involved with very genuine Christian peers multiple times each week engaging in fellowship, studies, music, all the Christian activities and ministries that are good spending our youth in a positive way or are we on cruise control doing the "church" thing once a week and running with the world the rest of the time?

I don't believe you are running with the world but you may need get out and seek right relationships with new spirit-filled committed Christians and find some genuine peace and happiness through spirit-filled holy joyful relationships that really matter. Would you be willing to go to any length to accomplish it if you knew it would radically change your life for the better?

1still_waters

Maybe that sense of horror you feel about 'leaving God', is his sign to you. Not that the reason to follow God is because of a sense of fear. But deep down you realize that letting go of God wouldn't have good consequences.

I think deep down you know the unpleasantness that will come from leaving God. I think you need to try and find the pleasure now of being with Him.

You seem to want to leave because you have no proof of God. Yet you also seem to believe in hell enough, that you won't leave God.

I don't think proof is the issue here.

The issue is that you're well aware of the horrors we'd all face in leaving Him. But you haven't yet discovered the joys of being with Him.

You mention that you'd go do what your friends are doing if you had this proof. The fact that you want to do what they're doing, seems to indicate that you haven't discovered the joy of following God yet.

What keeps me from walking off the edge of a cliff? The realities of the injuries I'd receive.
As I remain on land, and exist and live on it, do I constantly think about the cliff, and wish I could simply walk off it?
No!
Rather I let the land consume my mind. I discover the joys of living on the land. I learn all it's benefits.
As I learn its benefits, the issue of worrying about the cliff goes away.

I think following God is kinda like that. As we become more familiar with God, we don't really worry about hell, or leaving him, or trying to do what everyone else is doing, because we have discovered something that is far better.

ElizaBeth

Sep 10, 2011
"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised " Proverbs 31:30

Hold onto your fear- embrace it with love.. your fear is your heart telling you the things that will lead you to things that will hurt you. You are either living for God or living for the devil- and that is definitely something to fear!

God is there with you, I am sure of it, and he loves you. This world is hard and deceitful at times, it feels as if everyone and everything is leading you away from exactly what you want to be and where you want to go. The desire to fit in and have friends can lead us to abandoning our morality and our good judgement. Ultimately, if you surrender yourself and what you know is right, to be more popular and less lonely, those relationships will be empty and disappointing and only a temporary pleasure.

I know it doesnt feel like it at times, but it truly is better to be alone than to be in the company of people who prevent you from being your true, God loving, God fearing, sweet, wonderful self! I pray for you and all young women that the pressures of society and peers have no influence on them and that that Satan's deceitful ways and guiles are thwarted by the love of God.

Aug 18, 2011
Listen to these videos:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVTw6zbT4g[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvQdiL2zNg[/video]

T

Tobby17

In my blog i wrote :

But there is a GOD :(.. He's there and preparing a table for u at the presence of ur enemies. Maybe it's taking too long for you. But that's exactly what makes you a Man!. Human beings (and i mean ALL OF US) are naturally impatient!. It's better and it's more powerful to Love God when you don't see or feel him!...

John 20-29, maybe you should read that verse, it could help u. I know there is a God because he healed me from Diabetes.. Be still sis, and know that he is God!