Losing Hope - Frustrated/Confused

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
I have been going thru a spiritual test for the last 7 months. I know God is allowing it but it’s just so hard. I’m very confused by it and God is being silent. I mean he gives me peace quite often to encourage me and it does help but everything else going on is just confusing. I had spoken to a pastor at my church 3 weeks ago about this and he’s the only 1 who kinda understands it.
I feel like I’m the only one going thru something like this and the only one who’s so confused as to how to stay faithful with what’s going on. I feel totally alone in all this and everyday for the last almost 2 weeks has been extremely difficult. I’m trying to be a good soldier and push forward. I’m doing my best.
I have told God how frustrated I am, how nothing is making sense. My nerves are shot. It just gets worse and worse and harder and harder. Only 1 week did I feel like I was getting a handle on this where I felt like God was encouraging and rejuvenating and teaching me. Then things switched and it got much much harder again...
Just need prayer please.

May 11, 2020
I have recently started journaling with the focus on gratitude. Days when I am low and question what all this is about I find encouragement and renewal as I write about my gratitude for things that happen yesterday, for example.
I was walking last week I met a woman working in her garden and we had a discussion on how to keep squirrels out of our birdfeeders. As the discussion continued I realize that we are both Christians and had a moment of serendipity. That was no accident. It was god’s encouragement.
I have been going thru a spiritual test for the last 7 months. I know God is allowing it but it’s just so hard. I’m very confused by it and God is being silent. I mean he gives me peace quite often to encourage me and it does help but everything else going on is just confusing. I had spoken to a pastor at my church 3 weeks ago about this and he’s the only 1 who kinda understands it.
I feel like I’m the only one going thru something like this and the only one who’s so confused as to how to stay faithful with what’s going on. I feel totally alone in all this and everyday for the last almost 2 weeks has been extremely difficult. I’m trying to be a good soldier and push forward. I’m doing my best.
I have told God how frustrated I am, how nothing is making sense. My nerves are shot. It just gets worse and worse and harder and harder. Only 1 week did I feel like I was getting a handle on this where I felt like God was encouraging and rejuvenating and teaching me. Then things switched and it got much much harder again...
Just need prayer please.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Let us pray to understand, a spiritual well being is acquired over time, and
should bring gladness. And, if not, often we may be allowing people, places
or things to confuse our spiritual growth by too many outside influences.
Let us pray to learn to be calm, patient and to know of God's 'presence' and
a remembrance of God's 'principles' of life, here in the now. Let us pray to
come to learn what it is that is needed in our life...a sense of the Holy Spirit, within self.
And, a day at a time, it works so long as we work at it...believe it!"
'Amen'
'Praise God'

man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are in my prayers in Jesus.

Many times I have seen such times,
Just went through a span of many months of this, when it was over, what joy!,
For this is when God is doing good works in you. :)
Too often I found myself focused on the problem, rather than keeping my eyes on Jesus.
Be still and know that I am God, is a good scripture for such times.:)
This too shall pass.:)

God bless
pickles

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I had spoken to a pastor at my church 3 weeks ago about this and he’s the only 1 who kinda understands it.
Its good to know this. The pastor is supposed to be an earthly mediator between you and God, Jesus is the heavenly one. Work on spiritual development through fasting. God bless you, i will be praying for you/them