Lounge Forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Who is favor for a Lounge Forum?

• Yes, please!

• Yes, with a cherry on top.

• Yes and with relationship topics kept to a bare minimum.

• Did someone mention chocolate? Even so, yes, we need a Lounge Forum

• Yes, only if there is no relationship topics.

• Yes! Yes! Yes!

• When will this new Lounge Forum begin? I'm in. Let's go

Results are only viewable after voting.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
"As he mulled the idea, he discovered that he wasn't alone. There's a whole community of professionals online who trade tips about juggling jobs on the sly. They describe themselves as "overemployed" — and remarkably, they seem to be getting away with it. Helping them evade detection is a guy who goes by the pseudonym Isaac, who started the blog Overemployed in 2021 to share his secrets as the OG overemployed worker. Today there are some 300,000 members of the community on Discord and Reddit who celebrate one another's successes, commiserate on their failures, and swap secrets for fooling their bosses. "

https://www.businessinsider.com/ove...h-tips-2023-11?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Tis the season to hybernate.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
"As he mulled the idea, he discovered that he wasn't alone. There's a whole community of professionals online who trade tips about juggling jobs on the sly. They describe themselves as "overemployed" — and remarkably, they seem to be getting away with it. Helping them evade detection is a guy who goes by the pseudonym Isaac, who started the blog Overemployed in 2021 to share his secrets as the OG overemployed worker. Today there are some 300,000 members of the community on Discord and Reddit who celebrate one another's successes, commiserate on their failures, and swap secrets for fooling their bosses. "

https://www.businessinsider.com/ove...h-tips-2023-11?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us
who has time for all that lol

Its the lounge I just wanna relax

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Since many marriages, the dating scene, and the divorce rate is a basket case right now, I'm making exception on this post. I see it as a public service announcement. Amber Alert or something. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How are most marriages arranged in India?

"In India, the process of arranged marriage has changed from one totally dictated by the parents to more of a team effort between parents and their children. In the past, the engaged man and woman usually would not see each other before the wedding. Now, parents act more as matchmakers for their adult children."

"What is the current divorce rate in India? As of 2020, the divorce rate in India is around 1%, one of the lowest in the world. However, it has been gradually increasing in recent years. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears culture, parental pressure, and not dating maybe the answer for a long lasting relationships. For those who are not interested in getting married, than please post a funny meme, or something. After all, I don't really like talking about relationships, but I do like finding solutions.

I hope this helps someone.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My Indian workmate got divorced.

She she's probably in the 1%
But then, women who work mostly don't have husbands who earn enough so that they don't have to work to earn enough to run the household or are looking after children because there's no nanny.

Indian families in India who are rich can afford many servants, and they have many extended family members. They don't do the whole nuclear thing like in the US where for some strange reason, families don't even live together anymore, or if they do, in tiny little self-contained households that are only big enough for children while they are in school and then once they leave school have to find their own places to live.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if this lounge forum includes a kitchen like one of those open plan living areas in newer houses. Or does it have a juice bar or something. Or a deck.

or..massage chairs.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
My Indian workmate got divorced.

She she's probably in the 1%
But then, women who work mostly don't have husbands who earn enough so that they don't have to work to earn enough to run the household or are looking after children because there's no nanny.

Indian families in India who are rich can afford many servants, and they have many extended family members. They don't do the whole nuclear thing like in the US where for some strange reason, families don't even live together anymore, or if they do, in tiny little self-contained households that are only big enough for children while they are in school and then once they leave school have to find their own places to live.
It might have something to do with being in the "West". Your workmate lives in New Zealand, so culture also plays a factor.

There was a lady from India, who moved to the U.S. I think to marry someone here, but ended up divorcing, and married my friend. The last time I talked to my friend, he didn't seem to happy.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Really good song....