Love Abides. by Soren Kierkegaard (cf. I Cor. 13:13).

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

"Love Abides "So ... love abide, (I Corinthians 13:13)
"Yes, God be praised, love abides! Whatever the world takes away from you, though it be the most cherished, whatever happens to you in life, however you may have to suffer because of your striving, for the good, if you please, if me turn indifferent from you or as enemies against you, of no one is willing to admit acquaintance with you or acknowledge what he nevertheless owes to you, if even your best friend should deny you -- if nevertheless in any of your strivings, in any of your actions, in any of your words you truly have consciously had love along: the take comfort, for love abides. What you knew with love will be consoling to remember, more blessed than any sort of achievement any human being could have accomplished, more blessed than if the spirits had been submissive to you; it will be more blessed to be remembered by love! What you knew with love will be consoling to remember; neither the present nor the future, neither angels nor devil, and God be praised, not even the fearful thoughts of your unquiet mind, will be able to take it from you, not in the stormiest most difficult moment of your life any more than the last moment of your life -- because love abides. ..." [page 279: WORKS OF LOVE. by Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855).
Translated by Howard and Edna Hong. New York: HarperPerennial/ Modern Thought. Copyright 1962.].

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Kierkegaard et al.

exactly why i'm not EO.

Aug 12, 2010
(Colossians 2:8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

P

PammyPie147

Works Of Love by Kierkegaard is one of my favorite books. He wrote so beautifully and so wisely about matters of faith. Thank you for posting!

zone

Jun 13, 2010
praxis praxis everywhere praxis