Love Endures all things...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
As a kid I remember being out under the glow of the street lights throwing snowballs with the neighbor kids in weather that was anywhere from 40 degrees to 12 degrees. It didn't matter.

I raised a baby Duck when I was a kid. I loved that thing. It was possibly the coolest pet I've ever had. I remember spending a solid two weeks of my summer Vacation making every conceivable accommodation for it, 24 hours a day. It didn't matter.

I remember being woken up at 4:30 in the morning by a GF who burst into my apartment to get me to go running on the beach before work. For light we had the moon the stars and the bio-luminescence from the ocean sometimes. Light Rain, Wind, Cold or all three never kept us in. It didn't matter.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJYa48y4El8[/video]

Eventually, the Gloves came off, and as a kid I remember my hands being red cold raw and throbbing. I had to let the Duck Go to a Farm where it could grow up safely. My relationship came to a sudden and unexpected end.

But... All of it was worth it.

I realized something when I was watching the ^Video^

I wonder if you guys will catch it too.

A

arwen83

I don't get the video

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
I think the point of Liamson's post and the point of the woman in the video is that if you love something enough, you will bear (endure) whatever it takes for that thing and to enjoy it.

For Liamson, he loved the snowball fights, and so he endured the cold (and probably painful) temperatures, and he sacrificed his vacation time to care for his pet duck.

For the woman in the video, she also endured the cold weather (which she admitted she hates) because she loves riding her motorcycle so much.

I think the woman's point (and Liamson's point) is summed up perfectly (and I agree with it wholeheartedly) when the woman in the video said,

"The love of what your doing is greater than the repulsion of the discomfort of it."

The greatest example of that would be Jesus Himself. He didn't "enjoy" His suffering and dying, but He "endured" it because His love for us far outweighed the pain, discomfort and humiliation of the Cross.

Good post Liamson!!!

Aug 2, 2009
As a kid I remember being out under the glow of the street lights throwing snowballs with the neighbor kids in weather that was anywhere from 40 degrees to 12 degrees. It didn't matter.

I raised a baby Duck when I was a kid. I loved that thing. It was possibly the coolest pet I've ever had. I remember spending a solid two weeks of my summer Vacation making every conceivable accommodation for it, 24 hours a day. It didn't matter.

I remember being woken up at 4:30 in the morning by a GF who burst into my apartment to get me to go running on the beach before work. For light we had the moon the stars and the bio-luminescence from the ocean sometimes. Light Rain, Wind, Cold or all three never kept us in. It didn't matter.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJYa48y4El8[/video]

Eventually, the Gloves came off, and as a kid I remember my hands being red cold raw and throbbing. I had to let the Duck Go to a Farm where it could grow up safely. My relationship came to a sudden and unexpected end.

But... All of it was worth it.

I realized something when I was watching the ^Video^

I wonder if you guys will catch it too.
I liked the video and the post too. I used to like the cold like that. Its invigorating. It doesn't get cold much where I live now.

I didn't notice anything odd about the video except that she somehow managed to record herself with her helmet and that the cam seems to be where her face should be.

Jul 25, 2012
There is something special about enduring the -40 winters that's worth loving, Eh?

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I think the point of Liamson's post and the point of the woman in the video is that if you love something enough, you will bear (endure) whatever it takes for that thing and to enjoy it.

For Liamson, he loved the snowball fights, and so he endured the cold (and probably painful) temperatures, and he sacrificed his vacation time to care for his pet duck.

For the woman in the video, she also endured the cold weather (which she admitted she hates) because she loves riding her motorcycle so much.

I think the woman's point (and Liamson's point) is summed up perfectly (and I agree with it wholeheartedly) when the woman in the video said,

"The love of what your doing is greater than the repulsion of the discomfort of it."

The greatest example of that would be Jesus Himself. He didn't "enjoy" His suffering and dying, but He "endured" it because His love for us far outweighed the pain, discomfort and humiliation of the Cross.

Good post Liamson!!!

Yes, but it might be a bit of an intuitive leap however, I believe there is a lesson to be learned about Marriage and Relationships in this.

When Love is concerned it allows us to give sacrificially of ourselves cheerfully. Love Endures all things.

I love you here is a Kidney :)
God gave me two
so that I could share mine with you.

Also, I realize this is pretty much the opposite of a Volvo thread but, I hope they will tolerate it with a glance.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
I believe there is a lesson to be learned about Marriage and Relationships in this.
That video was about marriage and relationships? That's one painful discomfort I will not endure! I am outta here!!! - lol.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
That video was about marriage and relationships? That's one painful discomfort I will not endure! I am outta here!!! - lol.
Yes, just as there are seasons in a year, life itself contains seasons.

Some people only want a marriage if its easy to deal with, ie summer months of riding.

But some people realize that the greatest joys of life can occur in the winter, when you can't feel your fingers in the snowball fights. That is when it becomes obvious that people are not merely married for the convenience of it or because it was fun, rather they did it because they are willing to love the other person through anything.

The same sort of thoughts run through my mind when I see old people that have been together for 50 or 60 years. They have weathered many seasons, because they love each other.

Feb 10, 2008
I stumbled across an old song yesterday, that I hadn't heard before, that has a similar message...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dbp76L8BfA[/video]

J

Jullianna

Enjoyed the video and the message behind it, Liamson. Descyple, excellent post, but the server won't let me rep you again so soon.

Living life with passion and purpose can be excruciatingly painful, but that pain pales in the light of love. Christ showed us this on the cross. The martyrs know it for certain. Every mother who laboriously bears a child only to have her heart swell at the child's first cry knows it. Anyone who has loved powerfully, unselfishly and unabashedly only to say goodbye due to circumstances beyond human control understands that to have known love that powerfully trumps trudging through life never having experienced it. Like the power of Christ in our lives, it is one of those things you cannot know until you know.

Aug 2, 2009
This reminds me of the book, Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.