LOVE Rules

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Agreed! .... If all go after what truly makes you happy and fulfilled and refuse to settle for less than the best no matter what happens.
lOVE is the hidden spiritual FORCE that NOTHING can defeat. It can stand completely alone in the face of a multitude of enemies and triumph. It can step down to the lowest and heal that which is broken by humanity.....do NOT underestimate the POWER of LOVE.......GOD IS LOVE.

Those that put ALL their confidence and trust in Him (LOVE) shall NOT be disappointed! Amen! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yeshua/Jesus Christ is God for ALL humanity.... HE is GOD's Love for each of us. HE saves, heals, restores and loves us with the HEART of the FATHER. Know His love and love Him. He is lowly, meek, mild.....yet, HE is a LION......HE IS FIERCE and your enemies will tremble at His Presence.........

Repent, it's time to know your God...... it is time....... the end is coming soon.....

Much love to all of you! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I encourage everyone to seek the face of God and His Heart.....ask HIM, desire to know LOVE...... meditate on God's Love........ Let HIM fill you with HIS LOVE!

Remember, in the last days......love waxes cold and many do not love anymore......this is when we lose our spiritual POWER...... LOVE IS POWERFUL!!!!!!

There can be no JOY without LOVE...... the JOY of the LORD is our strength! Be mindful, watch and pray.... be careful to LOVE and know the difference between the sinner and the wicked.

Much love to all of you! Yeshua/Jesus Christ is LORD! Hold fast to HIM, HE holds fast to each of us! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
As I ponder your 4 loves....storges, phileo, eros, and agape.....are there not 4 gospels, are there not 4 horsemen.... are there not 4 living creatures at the throne of God that bow to the Lamb upon the Throne (being the 5th living creature at the Throne of God......

Let's line them all up....

LION, Matthew, storges - (didn't Matthew show us the Kingly lendegy of God as Man....:unsure:)
OX/CALF, Mark, phileo - (didn't Mark show us the priestly ministry of God as Man....:unsure:)
MAN, Luke, eros - (didn't Luke show us God as Man....:unsure:)
Flying EAGLE, agape, - (didn't John speak of God as LOVE....:unsure: the Deliverer of Man)

Roughsoul1991, can you fill in the blanks...... tell us if you agree with what you see......:unsure:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yes breno, but there are times when it just becomes a cliché, and people exploit its usage (verbally speaking). As you implied, and apostle Paul stated, without it, everything else is meaningless, i.e. even having all the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit. But, let's face it, much, much easier said than done. Sometimes i prefer people to express HOW to love, rather than let's love. That is, appreciating the weakness and cowardice of being selfish, the insecure aspect of retaliation, the ugliness and gluttony of greed, the delusion, hollowness and defiance of arrogance, the depravity and insatiability of vice, etc... .The strength of altruism, the gratitude and reverence of prayer, the soundness and charm in humility, the strength and discipline of self-control ...
You speak of "works"......where is love? Love is the Who and the Why and the What and the When and even the How that Love manifests in our lives......do you understand what I have said? :unsure::love:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Do you think we can accept God into our hearts and still live a life that judges others? God is love so God gives love to sinners while hating their sin, but often we judge persons so we don't speak to some, or look down on them. When we truly accept what Christ gives us and live a life of the righteousness gained through what Christ did for us, shouldn't that acceptance of Christ lead to our acceptance of people?
Oh Blik, how can LOVE condemn you when your heart says, "I only did what I did because of LOVE." God's judgment is JUST. It is NOT based on human intellect. God judges from the UNSEEN Realm - It is ALWAYS and ONLY our HEARTS that are under judgment from God.

Do NOT make God "human." His Ways are higher than ours, just trust Him. He is God and He created you and He loves you relentlessly. He does NOT want to live without you in eternity! You are soooooo precious to HIM! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

God is agape.

God is unselfishly loving towards others.
God has boundaries or time limits....

If not so, there would be no Lake of Fire......:unsure: And we know there is a Lake of Fire and a Great White Throne of Judgment....so, come on people, call on the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ and be saved!!! Amen. :love:(y)

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
As I ponder your 4 loves....storges, phileo, eros, and agape.....are there not 4 gospels, are there not 4 horsemen.... are there not 4 living creatures at the throne of God that bow to the Lamb upon the Throne (being the 5th living creature at the Throne of God......

Let's line them all up....

LION, Matthew, storges - (didn't Matthew show us the Kingly lendegy of God as Man....:unsure:)
OX/CALF, Mark, phileo - (didn't Mark show us the priestly ministry of God as Man....:unsure:)
MAN, Luke, eros - (didn't Luke show us God as Man....:unsure:)
Flying EAGLE, agape, - (didn't John speak of God as LOVE....:unsure: the Deliverer of Man)

Roughsoul1991, can you fill in the blanks...... tell us if you agree with what you see......:unsure:
6874640629_1280fb164e_b.jpg

I thought about it for awhile but I am not seeing the connection to the 4 meanings of love. Maybe explain the connection in more detail.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
God has boundaries or time limits....

If not so, there would be no Lake of Fire......:unsure: And we know there is a Lake of Fire and a Great White Throne of Judgment....so, come on people, call on the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ and be saved!!! Amen. :love:(y)
Of course God may be love but God is also a just and holy being. God provides everything we need to be seen as just and holy but it is up to us to respond.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Dear Roughsoul1991,

Here you go,

You mention 4 loves..... I tell you there are 4 living creatures, 4 gospels, and 4 horsemen. Listen, we need to KNOW GOD, not just ABOUT HIM.....there is a DIFFERENCE.

GOD will reveal HIMSELF when He sees LOVE for HIM in our HEARTS. It's a safe place of intimacy for HIM. Just open your heart and let HIM come in.

Roughsoul1991, I'm not saying you haven't. I'm just saying for all those that are reading this thread, "Open your hearts and let HIM come in."

We know the FATHER loves us. The FATHER's Will is accomplished in 4 Ways:

1) LION/Matthew/ storge - Authority, we are to submit and come under God the Father's Authority just as Yeshua/Jesus Christ did and does. If we do, we can walk in His authority and power upon the Earth just as Yeshua/Jesus did. (So many of us just want to walk in our own authority and power which is nothing and has no power upon the Earth - basically, we miss it) It's when Yeshua/Jesus Christ manifested the Lion to the Earth by nothing being able to withstand His authority - even the seas and winds obey You, never have we heard anyone speak with such authority, even the evil spirits are subject unto Him....

2) OX or CALF/Mark/phileo - best of friends, this is the God that meets our needs. It is the friendship love of
God. It's when God feeds the people with fish and bread through Yeshua/Jesus Christ manifesting the OX to the Earth. God heals the sick and the lame, He feeds thousands and tells Peter to go fishing for tax money to pay Ceasar. God is our Friend.

Before I continue, do you want to know #3 and 4? :unsure:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Of course God may be love but God is also a just and holy being. God provides everything we need to be seen as just and holy but it is up to us to respond.
Nope. That is "works." Love is love...... when two love each other, there is no record....the two just simply love and do those things because of love.... THERE IS NO RECORD OF WORKS!

It's very sad, we try to understand God by putting HIM in a box or under a microscope....He is ONLY known by the SPIRIT. Only those born again of the Spirit can KNOW HIM.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Love just simply loves......it keeps no record. It just simply loves. However, it will NOT tolerate mistreatment of others. So, any single moms or bad situations out there...... love always protects. Always call the proper authority that God has provided and get assistance. The children are always to be protected and provided for.

I am a mom of 5 children. Life is not easy but, God is with us. Mama Bears, stand up and defend! Always. :love:(y)

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Nope. That is "works." Love is love...... when two love each other, there is no record....the two just simply love and do those things because of love.... THERE IS NO RECORD OF WORKS!

It's very sad, we try to understand God by putting HIM in a box or under a microscope....He is ONLY known by the SPIRIT. Only those born again of the Spirit can KNOW HIM.
What is works?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Can’t “work” for something I already have......such as “salvation” and God’s Love....freely given through belief...we just got to receive.

Very sad, our flesh wants to earn salvation and gets caught up in “works” for salvation.

If we understood LOVE, we wouldn’t stumble over works.....

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Can’t “work” for something I already have......such as “salvation” and God’s Love....freely given through belief...we just got to receive.

Very sad, our flesh wants to earn salvation and gets caught up in “works” for salvation.

If we understood LOVE, we wouldn’t stumble over works.....
No one is talking about working for salvation.

Oct 24, 2019
There is a very beautiul parable in the Bible about two sons. One leaves and throws away everything but decides to come back and ask for forgiveness. The other stays homes and works. The Father when HE sees the yonger coming home is so excited and happy HE kills the fatted calf and throws a party. The older comes in upon hearing the celebration and says what is going on "THIS son of your's". See how he address him? He does not call him his brother! This son of your's he calls him. No love there for sure! He continues. I have done EVERYTHING you have ever asked me to do! I have worked worked worked! I have obeyed you like a slave would, is what he is saying. He does not even see himself as a son. But what does the FATHER say? SON, everything I have is already yours. So he has it already! He is just to blind to it! His attitude has blinded himto the FATHER's HEART! That SON could have had a party at anytime becuse the FATHER loved him and had given him all as well. He just could not see it. The younger son though saw the love and the GRACE. It is interesting that the FATHER did not punish the younger son, but HE did not reward the older son either.