Love Story

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Yes, better to have, it teaches us things we would not have known about ourselves, sometimes, painfully, gut-wrenching things, that makes us question the deepest part of ourself, even, get mad/blame God.

But, if we look at what happened in a understanding way of His plan, then we can understand why it all happened, why the dance ended.

I 'danced' for one month with a girl, in college, just walking to and from classes together, eating lunch together. I could have done that for a loooong time. Reminds me of a movie, 'Creepshow,' one of the horror story trilogies, in it a guy, who has been revenged, is buried in sand up to his head, at the ocean. He's fine thinking to himself, he's way away from the water . Tides not gonna get him, he thinks, he says something like, 'I can stay out here a looong time.' Been forever since I've seen the movie, but, yeah, the tide keeps coming in closer and closer....

As the water gets to his mouth and is just about to his nose, just as one last waves comes in, man exclaims, 'I can hold my breath' for a looooon glub-glubgrgggle.'

I say this to make a point.

We can think that when we are in love it is going to last forever, and, before you know it, it's over. Fortunately, I didn't die, but it taught me I needed to realize something good could go bad, quickly, as a month into the school year I found out from my roommate that she was going to the homecoming dance with him.
'How could she?!'

Anyway, I enjoyed that dance and she then just saw me as friend rest of year, I probably ate lunch just with her one more time that freshman year. She started going with a sophomore end of frosh year, I just then forgot about her. So the summer vacation and I did my thing, not much cuz,my 10 yearvold cat I had all growing up died.
So next school year she and that sophomore got engaged a month into the school year, I saw the ring on her finger and found out, I admit I was still thinking about her until then. That was it for me, I wrote her off my list. She and I talked but not much, and, never lunch. I did dance with her in march, one of our casual 9-2 dance nights , saturday, fridays, i danced with all The girls, it was fun, God is good, he kept me in tnis way, but, yes, i remember dancing to a somg with her called, 'Is Your Love Strong ?' Powerful lyrics, so right, i however as we slowly danced, I could tell only one in love, yeah, i thought, yeah, but, she was engaged, i just ,bwell, we just did that dance and on I went to ask next girl that night...

Anyway, I probably did still then mention her name but I did NOT put my roommate up to this: my roommate had a class with her and decided to tell her, 'Ed still.talks about you.' This was in april.
That did something I did not want, I found out a couple weeks later she broke off engagement with guy. Idk, was it what my roommate said? Maybe.

So she began to take interest in me both junior senior year again, I ate lunch with her a couple more times junior year and then senior year lived off campus so not around much. But, I did eat with her one more time and we talked about our lunches together freshman year and such. t end of conversation, she said, 'You've changed.'
I said, 'No, I don't think so.'
She looked me in the eyes this time and said 'No, you've changed.'

I said something like 'thanks' and that was last time I saw her until graduation a month later.
After commencement, I saw her and said something like, 'I think you're a neat girl, ______ , I know you're going to make a great teacher.'

the next thing I know she was breaking down in front of me in total tears. I just did nothing at that point,nI knew why she was doing it, and, I was sad but i lived 4 hours away and was a few grand in debt, like 15, and, definitely, The Lord was not leading me to be able to be with her. So, yeah, that's it, what's yours :)