Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abing

written by Marty Sampson - i just received the message this morning

The light and salt of this world

just a reminder to us who follow the way...

i opened my bible afte a long session of surfing the net and lookin at some real funny vids.. they are out there.. tryin to get my head around what kind of world my kids are going to one day grow up in.. a long time away...

it is daunting, sometimes.. as a kid you've got so many things you gotta look out 4.. the biggest thing is who and what influences you.. i always thought of Jesus as havin such a tight relationship with the father that he was most influenced by him.. hence the thought that Jesus was the man.. coz he stayed real close to the Father in this world..

so i flicked open the word and did the 'flick and pick', for those who arent educated in the 'flick and pick' (different from the pick and flick) its when you are believin God to speak to you, and you open the bible and trust that the first thing you see is straight from the throne room.. sometimes you hit "and God sent a plague among them to punish them".. after that you conclude that God is playin a joke on you, but you freak out anyway and repent for the things you can't really remember doing wrong, but you just pray 'im sorry' anyway...

well i did the flick and pick, and believed this was from the Holy G -

The word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, you are living among a rebellious people. They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear, for they are a rebellious people.

ezekiel 12:1-2

to put in context.. the whole world has eyes and ears, but they arent looking for God or trying to hear his voice.. they are into their rebellion without realising it so much of the time, in whatever form that is, and God is on the outside.. not cool... especially if you're God.. i'm not slammin people, the reality is, people just dont get God..

i think thats what jesus is talking about when he says, 'you are the light of the world'

its up to us who do care about God, even though we can be real selfish a lot of the time, to really care about what he's saying and today do the God thing, not the world thing..

so look youre little brother square in the eye and tell him you love him, even if you're used to beatin him down like my big brother used to do to me (i'm just kiddin, but it still hurts)...

and love your crew who arent tight with God.. it really changes things..

especially on this site, dont be self righteous, but stand for your love for christ. and stand up for his love for others.

the final thought i got right now is, the two greatest commandments that came from jesus mouth were to love.

i'm no hero, i dont get it right.. i can easily get road rage and not be showin my Jesus style love to my fellow man, but thats my bad.. thats my salt getin a little less salty.. and Jesus isnt into it..

when you're living, love. love God with all your heart soul mind and strength.. and love others as yourself..

im not even going to mention dont judge others, thats a gimme.. if you judge others, hold the same candle to your own life, and see how much dirt you got on for clothes.. but regardless of how bad we make God look sometimes, forget yourself and love others..

thats my preach.

all Jesus was trying to get into us was, if you really want to be a Christian, you're guna do this one thing:

Love.

Marty

so take what i'm sayin, and drop someone a line who isn't a christian, and tell em how good a person they are and how much you are pumped they are a friend of yours.. it could be one of the few 'someone loves me' moments in the day for them.. and they will feel good about themselves and buy you a coke the next time they see you... rewards... i'm just kidding.. but seriously.. flick someone a comment and tell em they're a good bloke, if they're a man.. or something...

you can be salty..

do it..

do it..

yew

p.s. you better do it.. or else the next flick and pick might be about the four horsemen of the apocalypse...

love.

A

A_Fire_Inside

Thanks for sharing that with us Abing! May you have a blessed day:)!!

A

Abing

thanx, i was really moved when i read that this morning :D

J

Jared_Jared

It's hard not to be moved by that :)

S

susi

Thanks for sharing that Abing. Makes you think.

God bless you

susi