Loving Muslims Enough to Reach Out, Globally and Locally

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
This is what I keep trying to say. This article examines what is happening, and suggests some ways we can reach Muslims for Christ.

Loving Muslims Enough to Reach Out, Globally and Locally | The Exchange | A Blog by Ed Stetzer

"So, as we increasingly encounter Muslims in the West, and in other parts of the world, we meet a free people who have chosen Islam, either to continue in the faith or as new converts.Islam is not ISIS and, where we live, Muslims are Muslims by choice—and they continue to be Muslims by choice.

So, I get the geopolitical issues. But, that's not all there is. There are evangelism issues to consider.
And we cannot let the geopolitical realities undermine the gospel commands.
So, now the question becomes with resurgent Islam: Are we as eager to build bridges to reach Muslims as we are to build walls to protect ourselves from them?
Our Muslim neighbors need Jesus right here.

You cannot hate a people and reach a people at the same time"

Here are some resources mentioned in the article above.

Muslims | Wheaton

B

biscuit

This is what I keep trying to say. This article examines what is happening, and suggests some ways we can reach Muslims for Christ.

Loving Muslims Enough to Reach Out, Globally and Locally | The Exchange | A Blog by Ed Stetzer

"So, as we increasingly encounter Muslims in the West, and in other parts of the world, we meet a free people who have chosen Islam, either to continue in the faith or as new converts.Islam is not ISIS and, where we live, Muslims are Muslims by choice—and they continue to be Muslims by choice.

So, I get the geopolitical issues. But, that's not all there is. There are evangelism issues to consider.
And we cannot let the geopolitical realities undermine the gospel commands.
So, now the question becomes with resurgent Islam: Are we as eager to build bridges to reach Muslims as we are to build walls to protect ourselves from them?
Our Muslim neighbors need Jesus right here.

You cannot hate a people and reach a people at the same time"

Here are some resources mentioned in the article above.

Muslims | Wheaton
Angela, you have the right idea ... "but it is easier said than done." They believe in Jesus but their Jesus is completely different than ours.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Angela, you have the right idea ... "but it is easier said than done." They believe in Jesus but their Jesus is completely different than ours.
For sure! The point is to teach them the TRUTH about Jesus. Not the lies they have been taught in the Qur'an. And for them to have the security of knowing they are saved. They never know if their works are enough with Allah to make the grade. Hence the jihadists who blow themselves up! They know they will never be good enough to make it to heaven.

I am just grateful when I came to the point in my life of realizing I could never be good enough to warrant heaven, God placed people who told me about the real gospel, and Jesus saved me. If they had not told me, I would not have known!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
We would be better off limiting their immigration things being what they are. Part of the reason why I think this is that the potential for anti-arab rhetoric and violence to hurt them within our borders will be greater in the coming year.

It is better for a muslim to stay home than move to a North America that suspects their every move. Lord knows I wouldn't want to live like that, but then I also enjoy Mcdonalds more than I do falafels.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Desdichado, I have never eaten in Macdonald's in my life, and I never will. Falafels, on the other hand make my mouth water.

You are being extremely superficial, and you show a total lack of understanding of the Muslim world. I have friends who are 2nd and 3rd generation Canadian Muslim. They are very happy with their life in Canada. The do not "have a country" to go back to. If you had read the article, you would see it is about reaching local people with the gospel. Muslims are everywhere, and we are called to reach them. Not send them back.

If you were living in the 1940's, I am sure you would have not accepted the Jews into the US, and had them all sent back to Germany, rather than allowing them to stay in Israel. Jesus would not be pleased.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
You are being extremely superficial, and you show a total lack of understanding of the Muslim world. I have friends who are 2nd and 3rd generation Canadian Muslim. They are very happy with their life in Canada. The do not "have a country" to go back to. If you had read the article, you would see it is about reaching local people with the gospel. Muslims are everywhere, and we are called to reach them. Not send them back.

If you were living in the 1940's, I am sure you would have not accepted the Jews into the US, and had them all sent back to Germany, rather than allowing them to stay in Israel. Jesus would not be pleased.
Did I ever say "send them all back?" and/or "refrain from preaching the gospel?" Please read my actual statements before making silly assumptions.

The analogy you make here is false as well. While the Jews of Nazi Germany and Muslims of the modern world are similar in that they are from the worse situations than the United States specifically would afford, the sociopolitical situation is worlds different.

Sep 30, 2014
Desdichado, I have never eaten in Macdonald's in my life, and I never will. Falafels, on the other hand make my mouth water.

Pretty interesting argument about that .....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHZv80NexA