lowest in the kingdom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yaeger1

i may have done a bad thing..
somewhere in the bible Jesus says whoever teaches something other than his commandments is called lowest in the kingdom... right?

well regardless I told my friend that he should listin to his parents even if it goes againt what god teaches.. i think thats what i told him... what should i do

Sep 25, 2009
Ask G-d for forgiveness.

You should never tell someone to listen to man over G-d.

M

MaggieMye

May I ask what it is that they wanted him to do?
Maggie

C

concernedguy

i may have done a bad thing..
somewhere in the bible Jesus says whoever teaches something other than his commandments is called lowest in the kingdom... right?

well regardless I told my friend that he should listin to his parents even if it goes againt what god teaches.. i think thats what i told him... what should i do
You made a mistake in judgment. Its a bad one but you realized your error. Jesus will forgive you.
As far as your friend, just be honest with them and tell them you answered too hastily and should
have taken a few minutes to think about it first.

If this is a child you are referring to, going against their parents if they depend on their parents for
their well being may be pushing the limits with their parents. But if you can explain why your friend
should follow Christ instead of their parents then they should explain it to their parents. It is
possible by explaining they are following Christ that their parents might change the way they do
things. This could eliminate the problem.

Y

yaeger1

May I ask what it is that they wanted him to do?
Maggie
no its just that his parents beat him so i thought even if his parents ask him to do something against God that he should do it i hate that i would ever say something like that so i have prayed for forgivness and the next time i see him i will tell him iwas wrong but will God forgive me??

C

carpetmanswife

how old is your friend?

Y

yaeger1

19 this means nothing -> 0000000000000000000000000000

W

wwjd_kilden

If he does something against the word of God out of fear of being beaten, I am sure it is not the same to God as willingly disobeying. He should however try to get away if he can. He is old enough to legally decide over his own life. (yes, he realize he probably can't just walk out the front door... but still...)
I'll pray for him

Status
Not open for further replies.