lukewarm christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

carey

My pastor preached on this a while back, just wanted to share

10 signs of a lukewarm christian

Crave acceptance from people more than acceptance from God

Rarely share their faith in Christ

Do whatever it takes to alleviate their guilt

Think more about life on earth than eternity in heaven

Gauge their morality by comparing themselves to others

Want to be saved from the penalty of sin without changing their lives

Only turn to God when they are in a bind

Give whenever it doesn't hinder their standard of living

Are not much different from the rest of the world

Want the benefits of what Christ did without conforming to who He is

God bless, i hope this challenges you as it did me

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Carey, that is a very good list in terms of describing what a lukewarm spirit looks like. And it is indeed challenging to read, since many of those spiritual pitfalls are easily fallen into by us Christians. Thank you for sharing it.

I would like to add a sermon to this thread that I've uploaded to YouTube, which deals with the very subject of being "Lukewarm and Loving It", preached by Francis Chan. I think it would go well with your pastor's list of lukewarm signs.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dRJhuSWLc8[/video]

Nov 26, 2011
Or how about a man preaching in sackcloth and ashes.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eL57nAm9Lo[/video]