Macbook

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 26, 2019
Saskatchewan
i have a macbook and everytime i install the chat app it tells me the certificate is expired or unverified

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
A mac?

I think you'll need a priest.

M

Miri

i have a macbook and everytime i install the chat app it tells me the certificate is expired or unverified

Hi I had the same problem on my MacBook Pro.
It’s not the link it’s just the way Macs deal with the download.

This is what I realised I had to do.

When I clicked on the link to download it. The system downloaded the app but then it comes up with an installer icon to install it. At the point I got a message that it would not let me install the app from an unrecognised developer. This is apple's default security setting.

So I had click on "finder" and open finder in the top menu bar, find the chat installer (it was immediately there so no searching required).

I Unlocked the finder security panel so I could amend the settings (there is a little lock symbol to unlock to ensure you don't accidentally make changes you don't want to change, it is at the bottom of the finder panel).

Then I pressed the control button on my keyboard, while at the same time, selecting the downloader icon again. The Mac then asked for my password and if I wanted to open it. I said yes and finally it downloaded it to my apps! And it works. Yippee!

I did see though that every time I want to enter chat I had to go to my apps to open it, rather than through the CC website but that's not a problem as now I have moved it to my status bar at the bottom which shows my favourite apps.

Oh the above might seem complicated but it was easy really and I just followed the instructions. I definitely do not have a masters in computing and it was able to follow the basic instructions without any problems, so if I can do it, anyone can!

I did mention this to robop that maybe these instructions or something similar, could be added to the info about the link for Mac people.