Major Mathematical Errors in Bible about Creation? Are they True??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 11, 2011
OK GOD.. The doctor is ignorant. he says 2+2=4 and 2+2 doesnt equal to 5, and you need a philosophical explanation for just simple mathematical errors.

Now Watch a debate Is Bible God's Word? Sheikh Deedat vs Jimmy Swaggart (Is the Bible God's Word?)
Sheikh Deedat vs Jimmy Swaggart (Is the Bible God's Word?)
Sheikh Deedat vs Jimmy Swaggart (Is the Bible God's Word?)
Thanks for the links, but no thanks; mens opinions that they solicit as truth, when God explains Himself VERY well in The Jewish Torah, and The Truth, HAS NEVER BEEN FOR SALE.

Forever in Christ :)

Feb 17, 2010
10 Reasons the Bible is the Word of God:

1. Historic prophecy. The Bible is full of tons of predictions of historical events that had not yet come to pass when the words were recorded, but later in the future, even hundreds of years later, were fulfilled. These were not just vague predictions, but very specific and detailed prophecies, detailing such major historical events as the rise and fall of major world empires (Dan. 2 & 7), such as Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome, the military conquests of certain prominent leaders such as Cryus of Persia (Isa. 45:1-3) and Alexander the Great (Dan. 8), the destruction of certain cities and peoples such as the Edomites (Obad.), and much more. No man on earth could have known such information hundreds of years before such things occurred.

2. Messianic prophecy. There are hundreds of predictions in the Old Testament Scriptures about the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, including His Deity (Isa. 9:6), virgin birth (Gen. 3:15, Isa. 7:14), miracles (Isa. 35:5-6), rejection by men (Isa. 53:3), crucifixion (Psa. 22, Isa. 53), and resurrection (Psa. 16:10). All the prophecies detailing His life and ministry at the time of His First Coming were fulfilled to the detail. God has not only predicted such events, but He actively orchestrates world history through His divine providence to ensure that every detail He has spoken will be fulfilled (see Isa. 34:16).

3. End Time prophecy. The Bible makes stunning and clear predictions about the “last days”. Many of them have already come true, such as the rise of false prophets and false Christs (Mat. 24:24), the increase in wars and natural disasters (Mat. 24:6-7), the growing corruption of men (Mat. 24:12, 2 Tim. 3:1-5), the coming of great apostasy (2 Thes. 2:3), and even the re-gathering of the Jews to their land in the Middle East (Eze. 36:24). The fulfillment of such prophecies gives us assurance that God Himself was foretelling future events, and that the remaining prophecies not yet fulfilled with come to pass speedily.

4. Scientific facts and discoveries.[1] The Bible is full of amazing scientific statements that were recorded many centuries before men discovered them. For example, the Bible said the earth was round when men said it was flat (Isa. 40:22); man wouldn’t discover this until 2,600 years later! In an age when men thought the earth sat on the back of a large animal, the Bible recorded that the earth floated in empty space (Job. 26:7). The Bible describes the cycle of air currents a couple thousand years before men discovered them (Ecc. 1:6). Jesus said His Second Coming would occur when some are awake working in a field and others are asleep in their beds, describing the rotation of the earth before it was ever discovered by men (Luke 17:34-36). There are many more amazing scientific facts in the Bible.

5. Historical facts and archeological discoveries. The historical accuracy of the Bible’s events has been abundantly proven among historians. The fact that such characters as are named in the Bible existed have been confirmed by innumerable archeological discoveries, and even by the historical records of pagan kings and empires outside of the Jewish people. There is no reliable historical evidence contrary to what the Bible claims. Even persons such as John the Baptist, Jesus of Nazareth, and James the leader of the Jerusalem church, have been mentioned in Jewish and secular history as having actually existed as real persons.

6. Diversity of the messengers yet unity of the message. The Bible, being written over a period of over 1,500 years by over 40 different authors, has a tremendous diversity amongst themselves. Yet, even so, the Bible has a perfect and wonderful unity of thought and message and doesn’t contradict itself in anything. Unanimously, the authors of Scripture testify of the truth of God and they all point to the central themes of the Supremacy of God, the Person and work of Jesus Christ, and the redemption of fallen man.

7. The conscience of man. The Words of Scripture pierce the heart of man like no others words. The God-given conscience that God has given to each man confirms the Bible’s commendation of good and condemnation of evil. The way the words of Scripture expose the secrets of men’s hearts and sins proves that there’s a great and just God behind those words who concerns Himself with right and wrong. The character of those who truly follow the teachings of the Bible is of such superior character compared to those who don’t that the testimony and fruit of the Bible proves it comes from a good and holy God. Each man in his heart, whether he admits it or not, knows it’s wrong to blaspheme, lie, cheat, steal, murder, commit adultery, etc. while at the same time knowing that it is favorable to do good, love and help others, etc. and thus confirms the testimony of Scripture.

8. The Bible’s tremendous influence. Though there is no other book on earth that has been as hated, as attacked, as resisted, as the Bible, there yet remains no other book that has been read, published, and distributed more than the Bible. Its’ tremendous success in the face of all opposition proves that the hand of God is behind it. Many of those who have historically sought out to discredit the Bible and prove it to be false, after much study, have come to the opposite conclusion than that which they sought out to come to, and have converted to Christianity. What other book compares with the Bible in terms of historical influence upon men and nations?

9. The spiritual power of the Bible. No other book on earth has transformed so many lives as the Bible. Innumerable persons all throughout history have testified to finding deliverance from sin and peace with God through reading the words of Scripture. Men have been so changed, transformed, and convinced that the words of the Bible are true that untold hundreds of thousands have shed their blood in martyrdom defending the truths contained in it. Countless men who had no education in Biblical literature, no upbringing in Christian beliefs, and no prior influence of religious things have picked up a Bible, and upon reading it, have found their lives utterly changed forever. Some of these men have turned into passionate preachers and devoted their lives to the propagation of Biblical truth. What other book on earth has such power within its pages?

10. Jesus Christ Himself believed in the Bible. He quoted frequently from the Old Testament Scriptures all throughout His ministry. He claimed that they were more important than physical bread (Mat. 4:4). He believed that the Law and the Prophets were more sure than the heavens and earth (Mat. 5:17-18). He believed in the historical events of Lot with Sodom and Gomorrah (Luk. 17:28-32), of Noah and the flood (Mat. 24:37-38), of Jonah and the great fish (Mat. 12:40-41), and of Daniel (Mat. 24:15). Jesus also believed that His chosen apostles would declare His Word and teachings to the world after His departure, thus recording the Canon of New Testament Scripture (John 14:26).

There are certainly more reasons than these 10, and many, many more evidences and facts that could be given, but these simple reasons alone is enough to prove that no man could have written the Bible. God has left His fingerprints all throughout the books of the Bible in such a way that only the ignorant or willfully blind could deny that His hand is behind it.

J

jimmydiggs

Hey, I'm trying to find all of the videos he posted. I've got two. Did anyone open them and possibly have them in your broweser history?

I'd like to make a response to each of the videos.

Aug 18, 2011
Hey, I'm trying to find all of the videos he posted. I've got two. Did anyone open them and possibly have them in your broweser history?

I'd like to make a response to each of the videos.
I would like to see that Jimmy very very much:)

777Yeshua777

Dr Naik,
Let's make a deal. You don't interpret the Bible and I won't interpret the Quran.

R

rainacorn

If Zakir Naik shakes your faith in Christianity, then I find it a bit hard to believe you were ever a Christian in the first place.

No offense, but the guy is a moron. Charisma doesn't make him correct.

Y

yaright

I don't understand what you are pointing Israel, blame my language skills because english isn't my best language. Well someone who have english bible can find places where was stated that even creation day starts with dawn and end with evening like now. Those were not said ANYMORE on the seventh day because day was defined earlyer. And why would we say that first 6 days were like 24 hours and 7th day undefined long "day" or have I misunderstood you totally?
I have personally experienced a spiritual matter; that when put into a common language, some might call the 'long day'. This has nothing at all to do with the flesh and the world's common understanding of a long day.

God created the world in such a way that we could understand the difference between the light, and the darkness. The earth spins and rotates around the sun. It is this dynamic that teaches us the differences between the light and the darkness. All things of creation which we can see, is a language that teaches, speaking of things we cannot see (spiritual).

I am speaking in spiritual terms; When we are removed from the ways of the world, we are in the presence of Jesus (light), and we walk continually in the Light of Christ. There is no more darkness. So, in spiritual terms, we were taught the ways of God as we labored in the world; but when the time came that we no longer labor in the ways of the world, we are in our Lord's rest; and we are told not to labor in the ways of the world...,so this Day of Rest is more than a long day. Remember, I am speaking of spiritual things which we are not able to understand without the teaching of all things which God has set before us. This is why I recently started a thread, asking people to share what they understand because of creation. The more you add to that thread, the more you will be able to see the things which are hidden in plain sight. That is not intended as an insult. It is literally true. The things you see, speak of things which you cannot see. Jesus desires us to learn the spiritual things. And this is the reason why He said, "If you say you can see, you remain in your sin." This is what man on utube was doing. He is blind, and the only One who can heal that blindness is Jesus. Please to not present this as an argument to him. It is a sign given to those who believe.

R

rainacorn

Why are people even arguing about this?

Naik argues against things in the Bible that are copied almost verbatim in the Qur'an. If it's "wrong" in the Bible, does that mean the Qur'an has the same error?

This guy is pathetic. This isn't worthy of serious discussion.

Y

yaright

Why are people even arguing about this?

Naik argues against things in the Bible that are copied almost verbatim in the Qur'an. If it's "wrong" in the Bible, does that mean the Qur'an has the same error?

This guy is pathetic. This isn't worthy of serious discussion.

It is because of a man who does not believe that some here are seeking better understanding. To be luke warm about it will only strengthen the words, "My people perish for lack of knowledge."

look just a little bit closer....

R

rainacorn

It is because of a man who does not believe that some here are seeking better understanding. To be luke warm about it will only strengthen the words, "My people perish for lack of knowledge."

look just a little bit closer....
I'm not lukewarm about this guy and his nonsense attacks on the Bible or his illogical defenses of the Qur'an.

I'm not lukewarm about seeking truth.

But to try and seek truth in these tainted waters is a waste of time. If you are seriously curious about the truth of the Bible and honest discussion about Creation among Christians, there are literally hundreds of threads about it. Or better yet, go to church.

Y

yaright

I'm not lukewarm about this guy and his nonsense attacks on the Bible or his illogical defenses of the Qur'an.

I'm not lukewarm about seeking truth.

But to try and seek truth in these tainted waters is a waste of time. If you are seriously curious about the truth of the Bible and honest discussion about Creation among Christians, there are literally hundreds of threads about it. Or better yet, go to church.
You seem to be opposed to sharing something meaningful. I did not say you were luke warm. I would have presented myself as being luke warm if it didn't matter one way or the other about it to me. Seems your a bit defensive about not participating. What positive thing to you want to contribute?

R

rainacorn

You seem to be opposed to sharing something meaningful. I did not say you were luke warm. I would have presented myself as being luke warm if it didn't matter one way or the other about it to me. Seems your a bit defensive about not participating. What positive thing to you want to contribute?
I already made my contribution. Everything Naik says is a lie and shouldn't be taken seriously. There is no 'major mathematical error in the Bible about Creation.'

I'm utilizing the amazing power of discernment here and warning my fellow Christians. Not every subject that comes up is worthy of discussion or debate. It wasn't posted on this forum because it has value. It was posted here to deceive people. It was posted here to plant seeds of doubt and be a stumbling block.

Now does that mean the subject of Creation isn't worthy of discussion? Don't be silly. Of course it is worthy and the holy spirit regularly guides such discourse.

However, I think participating in that discussion when it's coming from an anti-christian point of view (attack, really) is simply putting obstacles in the way.

Defensive? Perhaps. But my problem isn't with ME participating. My problem is with otherwise sensible Christians jumping at the opportunity to tangle with a fraud (without saying anything about him being a fraud).

Y

yaright

I already made my contribution. Everything Naik says is a lie and shouldn't be taken seriously. There is no 'major mathematical error in the Bible about Creation.'

I'm utilizing the amazing power of discernment here and warning my fellow Christians. Not every subject that comes up is worthy of discussion or debate. It wasn't posted on this forum because it has value. It was posted here to deceive people. It was posted here to plant seeds of doubt and be a stumbling block.

Now does that mean the subject of Creation isn't worthy of discussion? Don't be silly. Of course it is worthy and the holy spirit regularly guides such discourse.

However, I think participating in that discussion when it's coming from an anti-christian point of view (attack, really) is simply putting obstacles in the way.

Defensive? Perhaps. But my problem isn't with ME participating. My problem is with otherwise sensible Christians jumping at the opportunity to tangle with a fraud (without saying anything about him being a fraud).

I understand your position and respect your desire not to participate.

I am not tangling with an anti-Christ. I am sharing understanding with anyone who sees the beginning of this thread. There are many who are the 'young' in Christ. These still see understanding with a carnal mind which is natural to the flesh. In the beginnings of a person's walk with Jesus, these things become more evident to us as we continue to seek understanding. My renewed nature in Christ is developing, and now it is becoming more natural to me to speak of the things we cannot see. I do not feel a need to defend God's Word. There is a compelling from within; And because of Christ's work in me, I cannot hold these things because of the compelling.

I literally have nothing to boast in; my own life being evidence of sin. But with all that I am, I boast in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. What I am shown did not stop with the cross. and I cannot be satisfied in this life without Him who saved me with His own life. My church (in case you wonder) is not the one you called church. The church I attend is in the presence of our Lord and King; and my ministry is in the streets among those whose lives are the evidence of sin, and they do not know how to escape what they are enslaved to. I do this without any contributions so that it cannot be said I do this for money.

R

rainacorn

I understand your position and respect your desire not to participate.

I am not tangling with an anti-Christ. I am sharing understanding with anyone who sees the beginning of this thread. There are many who are the 'young' in Christ. These still see understanding with a carnal mind which is natural to the flesh. In the beginnings of a person's walk with Jesus, these things become more evident to us as we continue to seek understanding. My renewed nature in Christ is developing, and now it is becoming more natural to me to speak of the things we cannot see. I do not feel a need to defend God's Word. There is a compelling from within; And because of Christ's work in me, I cannot hold these things because of the compelling.

I literally have nothing to boast in; my own life being evidence of sin. But with all that I am, I boast in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. What I am shown did not stop with the cross. and I cannot be satisfied in this life without Him who saved me with His own life. My church (in case you wonder) is not the one you called church. The church I attend is in the presence of our Lord and King; and my ministry is in the streets among those whose lives are the evidence of sin, and they do not know how to escape what they are enslaved to. I do this without any contributions so that it cannot be said I do this for money.
Congratulations?

T

Tobby17

Wait, hahaha.. I should call this doctor an Idiot, but i won't :)..

He seems to forget that God is a God of IMPOSSIBILITIES, it's probably because he doesn't even know God..

Now if God can cause water to come out of a rock, why can't he make plants to survive without the Sun?
If God can cause dry bones to live again, can't he do things that are scientifically impossible?

Healing from Hiv/Aids, Diabetes, Cancer etc are all Medically impossible but God does it?.. How can HIV/AIDS disappear? Isn't that *Medically Incorrect* Dear doctor?..:rolleyes:.

Moreover if the Bible was designed to support science. Aren't we all doomed and could as well say there is *NO GOD*..

Just a Nonsense Video, i thought his arguments would be more valid...