Make a vow to God - Then keep it!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
When I first started trying to serve the Lord. I figured I would pass to Him one of my bad habits at a time. He could then clean that up and pass it back to me, then I would give Him the next one. One bad habit at a time, and I figured we could clean me up that-a-way. Unfortunately, that didn't go as planned. I never got the first bad habit cleaned.

I was going to church and doing everything I know to get right with God. That is when I got stuck on the road in an ice storm on Christmas eve. I was in a motel and turned on some tele-evangelist. He was preaching on James one. He got down to verse 5 and said if you lack wisdom, just ask God for it. I'm thinking: I have been. He then goes to verse 6 and says you have to ask in faith, and not to waver. He compared wavering to an ocean wave, Part of the time there and then it is not.

Then he goes to verse 7 and says "let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." I start thinking: Wow! I have gotten anything from God. That was an explanation of my faith, there and then not. Then in verse 8, it says "a double minded man is unstable in all his ways." I'm thinking, yep, that is me.

I turned off the TV and got on my knees beside the bed. I prayed: God I know it is not you holding back. I now see it is me. I don't even know how to serve you. I promise you this, I will find out how and I will do that. The next thing I know this powerful thought comes into my mind: "Now that, I can use." God started talking to me right then and has been doing so ever since. I had to just give myself to God totally, not just partially.

Rom. 12:1
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." :)

T

theanointedsinner

When I first started trying to serve the Lord. I figured I would pass to Him one of my bad habits at a time. He could then clean that up and pass it back to me, then I would give Him the next one. One bad habit at a time, and I figured we could clean me up that-a-way.
ask any human mind, that part makes pefect logical progress-based sense from the standpoint of human-thinking