MALEFICENT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

i think that is the key " if you are fond of the original tale"

the problem people might have with this movie, they should take issue with the original tale:

magic, sorcery, etc "good fairies"

if you have no problem with the original than this one will just be another spin.

T

Tintin

There's a big difference between the magic in fairy-tales and the occult practices forbidden in the Bible. Also, there are no fairies good or bad in Sleeping Beauty. Do some of you also take issue with The Chronicles of Narnia and Middle-earth?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I thought, that in the US, Ice Age received a PG rating and Independence Day a PG-13 rating but so did The Ring (I don't understand that!)
My response-

0reaganmeme.jpg

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
There's a big difference between the magic in fairy-tales and the occult practices forbidden in the Bible. Also, there are no fairies good or bad in Sleeping Beauty. Do some of you also take issue with The Chronicles of Narnia and Middle-earth?
Bingo! What do we give him, Johnny?!

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I thought, that in the US, Ice Age received a PG rating and Independence Day a PG-13 rating but so did The Ring (I don't understand that!)
More violent films tend to get pg-13's while animated ones tend to stay pg and below. it doesnt really make much sense though. There actually curse limits for ratings like a PG-13 film can have one f-bomb as long as it isn't used in an insulting or sexual manner. Just real odd things.

J

jjtj22

JKay,
I agree movies and tv are getting darker and more evil all the time.

We are like the frog in the water that slowly gets turned up to boiling.

In real company curse words are like nails on a chalkboard to me, but sometimes I don't even hear them in movies.

Thank you for pointing out the heat just got turned up a notch by Disney.

J

J-Kay-2

Beauty portrayed .......

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
These programmes are extremely entertaining and intriguing. Its understandable that we like to see them. But as Christians we should clearly see all the things that opposes kingdom principles in these shows. Anything that teaches you to trust in any other power than GOD's power should be in contention with the SPIRIT of GOD that reigns within you. Just saying.....

Feb 21, 2014
I saw it yesterday and liked it. It's a fictional work and I thought the storytelling was good. I liked the different perspective on a familiar tale, and it was thought-provoking. I have great nostalgia for certain fairy tales and It's actually interesting to consider why the villain is so...villainous. It can be an opportunity to reflect on human nature.

It wasn't a stellar cinematic masterpiece but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Films have varying degrees of cleanness, right? but good that this one was okay.

Blessings.