Man fire's missile launcher...in his BACKYARD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is this even remotely possible?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
D

DrMarioLuigi

Recently here in Good ol' Indiana, there was a man who was reportedly firing a TOW missile in his backyard...now I don't know if this is true but in our local newspaper there have been pictures of extensive damage in this mans backyard that doesn't seem like it could of been caused by bashing things with a hammer or crowbar, etc... (charred wood for instance) It strikes me odd to think that someone would fire a MISSILE in their backyard. First of all...where in the WORLD would you get one of these? A TOW missile isn't an ordinary missile. TOW stands for Tube-launched, Optically-tracked, Wire data link, guided missile. In other words the guy who is firing this thing can lead it where he wants. There is also a little camera in the very tip of the missile allowing the maneuver-er to see exactly where its going...
This is a HIGHLY explosive missile. It is capable of detonating an entire building, and not just a little house or shack, but a big building! But it's mainly used as an anti-armor projectile.
So here is why I do not believe this CONSPIRACY theory
1: No one it seems can identify where this guy got a TOW missile from, not even the newspaper who wrote the article on it!
2: How could he even know how to fire such a thing? Where did he get all the appropriate gear, where did he get the missile launcher and the missile itself!
3: Not even the black market has a hold of stuff like this! (well i hope not) And besides I live in Indiana and as far as I know there is no underground terrorist society that is currently active in my current place of residence!
After considering all of this I have ruled that this couldn't be possible. Unless this guy is some sort of ex-marine black ops combat veteran who holds the rank of colonel or above, this is probably impossible.
Anyways just thought I'd share that odd story that literally knocked the wind out of me when I read it.

J

jimmydiggs

It's not uncommon for vets to keep "souvenirs". I have an uncle who served in Vietnam, and in Iran during the Iranian revolution. He can't tell you what he has done, other than he has served in Army Intelligence. He has kept some toys of his own.

A few years back, in Fort Riley, Kansas, there was a case where several Guardsmen were keeping weaponry stored in a near-by creek, along with ammunition. This was weaponry that was not to leave the armory.

Sometimes it happens. I'm never shocked when it does. Black markets can get their hands on a lot of things. If someone wants it, they'll get it. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I doubt he had a TOW though, that isn't something you could sneak out in a suitcase.

D

DrMarioLuigi

Exactly. Stealing a TOW missile definitely wouldn't be an easy proposition, and I highly doubt that a terrorist could pull it off successfully. And if such a thing like this actually happened, wouldn't it reach the level of national news? A missile that is this destructive and powerful, and it's being fired in someones backyard...HIGHLY unlikely, even if it is a veteran of some sort. Why would a war vet want a TOW missile as a souvenir? Wouldn't a grenade or a pistol suffice? Maybe a nice rifle even. But a TOW missile? It just wouldn't seem like the kind of souvenir you would keep around. My guess is this was just a story made up by our local news paper to attract attention, they haven't been thriving in recent years and business hasn't been good for them lately. But I don't know, MAYBE it is true, and I say maybe which is a LONG shot. But who knows it's possible I suppose...but its still very unlikely.

ty

Banned
Feb 11, 2010
3: Not even the black market has a hold of stuff like this! (well i hope not) And besides I live in Indiana and as far as I know there is no underground terrorist society that is currently active in my current place of residence!

mario acyually they do...... i know cause i have friends in the black market.....not in this area but i can give YOU some links of alot of people who have the permits to by such siad items......very expensive permits..... .....and y do u think its callled underground?

E

ex-Ranger

speaking from expeince aTOW missle is a sholder fired rocket the "missle" comes in the tube it is fired in and there are diriections on how to fire the weapon written on the missle tube ther is no other equpetment required to shoot it so IF this guy had a TOW missle then he wouldnt have any problems firing the weapon as to how he got it there is a MAJOR black market for things like weapons sysems (eg. M4 rifle, gnrades, 240B muchine gun,TOW missle........) it is possable that he had and fired a TOW , BUT is is also possable that it was homemade HE (high explosive)

T

ThunderLightning

I voted impossible for it to of been a TOW missle, to fire a TOW missile you need the ITAS (improved target acquisition system) which is a million dollar piece of equipment. Therefore acquiring the missile for this would of been the least of his troubles haha. but if it was anything i would probably have to say the AT4 which is what i think you meant Exranger, that is the shoulder fired one.