Many are called but few are chosen

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
first of all, John is repeating the Words of Jesus in 3:16-17.

so we must VIEW this from God, not from John because this is a direct statement from God himself.

secondly, to CHOOSE has nothing to do with our ability to seek God out before God seeks us out first. to Choose means once we are presented to the Truth about God, we have a choice. Joshua said this day [[((CHOOSE WHO YE WILL SERVE))]]. the God i serve is the SAME in Joshua's Day, my current day, and forever on. Joshua presented God to the Israelites and then said CHOOSE. we are presented God by preaching/teaching/HEARING of the Word and God invites us to Himself. We either submit, which is CHOOSING, or we deny.

that is simply how it works and has always worked.
All statements in Scripture is the word of God, regardless who did the speaking.

Jesus saying is no different than anyone else... It's how world is being used that is the question, and no verse in Scripture stands alone.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When we look at the passages of Scripture that specifically speaks to man's ability to choose without a specific act of God working in him, we see a resounding no, man is so steeped in his sin he cannot respond in the positive to Christ, not in truth. For sin yes, money, power, position, reputation etc. But not simply for love of God.
Deuteronomy 30:6~ The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love Him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.:)

Jun 20, 2022
All statements in Scripture is the word of God, regardless who did the speaking.

Jesus saying is no different than anyone else... It's how world is being used that is the question, and no verse in Scripture stands alone.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes on him might not perish, but have life eternal.

17 For God sent not the Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

let's examine Verse 17.

it begins with [God sent not the Son into the world].
specifically [INTO THE WORLD] that speaks of the whole entire physical Earth.
there is no denying that and any preacher who has is a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes on him might not perish, but have life eternal.

17 For God sent not the Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

let's examine Verse 17.

it begins with [God sent not the Son into the world]. specifically [INTO THE WORLD] that speaks of the whole entire physical Earth. there is no denying that and any preacher who has is a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.
So your arguing that Jesus lived and died and rose again in the entire world not just Israel?

I'm confused... (That's honest..) maybe clarify?

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
So your arguing that Jesus lived and died and rose again in the entire world not just Israel?

World means the entire world, the same way it means the entire world as a pertains to the great flood that destroyed all life on Earth.

Jun 20, 2022

arguing?

or pointing out the Mission?

God has so many times throughout the Bible specified Israel, Promised Land, Land of your Fathers, Jerusalem, ect.

if John 3:16 and 17 was specifically Israel, God is not afraid to specify it because He has many times already. So saying the WORLD means exactly the WORLD!

Jun 20, 2022

God, manifested in the flesh, came into the World to Save it!
the Death of Jesus shed Blood covered the entire World.
this happened in Israel

i live in the USA. i am nowhere close to Israel. but that shed Blood covers the entire world for anyone who accepts it.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
arguing?

or pointing out the Mission?

God has so many times throughout the Bible specified Israel, Promised Land, Land of your Fathers, Jerusalem, ect.

if John 3:16 and 17 was specifically Israel, God is not afraid to specify it because He has many times already. So saying the WORLD means exactly the WORLD!

First I'd like to point out that I'm used to actual debate so using terms like "arguing you point" etc is not being used in a negative manner, it's simply a statement of fact. Your position is x, based on y, and your "arguing" in favor of position x. My position is z and it's based on y and I'm "arguing" in favor of position z.

I don't know any other terminology that is appropriate as well as clear, however I'll try to avoid using "argue" in the future, or perhaps less frequently. But I don't mean it in any negative sense, this is a discussion.

I'm off to cook dinner. I'll give you a reply to your post later.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

One way of understanding it is to say, Jesus' sacrifice was sufficient to save the whole world,
but is efficacious only for those who believe. I don't think it has to do with geography :)

Enjoy your dinner! (I have yet to have breakfast :unsure::giggle:).

Jun 20, 2022
First I'd like to point out that I'm used to actual debate so using terms like "arguing you point" etc is not being used in a negative manner, it's simply a statement of fact. Your position is x, based on y, and your "arguing" in favor of position x. My position is z and it's based on y and I'm "arguing" in favor of position z.

I don't know any other terminology that is appropriate as well as clear, however I'll try to avoid using "argue" in the future, or perhaps less frequently. But I don't mean it in any negative sense, this is a discussion.

I'm off to cook dinner. I'll give you a reply to your post later.
God Bless You and talk to You later <3

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
One way of understanding it is to say, Jesus' sacrifice was sufficient to save the whole world,
but is efficacious only for those who believe. I don't think it has to do with geography :)

Enjoy your dinner! (I have yet to have breakfast :unsure::giggle:).
I don't know anyone who doesn't believe that... Reformed and non-reformed alike. But that is not the issue.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't know anyone who doesn't believe that... Reformed and non-reformed alike. But that is not the issue.
Some seem to reject it by changing the meaning of "all" and "the whole world" and other such phrases, to being less inclusive. Perhaps I misunderstood your question, regarding whether "Jesus lived and died and rose again in the entire world not just Israel?" Could you please clarify?

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
Some seem to reject it by changing the meaning of "all" and "the whole world" and other such phrases, to being less inclusive. Perhaps I misunderstood your question, regarding whether "Jesus lived and died and rose again in the entire world not just Israel?" Could you please clarify?
I was questioning the author of the post I had quoted, I didn't at the time understand exactly what point he was trying to make. He answered me. :)

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
1 thread him and HealthandHappiness were hyping up Steven Anderson like a team working together and in his final post he claims HealthandHappiness is Polar/Magenta and someone else.

the Brother needs to lay off cheap beer. maybe i could send him some fresh brewed Ale from my neck of the woods to help him out.
Sam Adams Octoberfest beer is soon to be out. Best seasonal beer I’ve ever had. How bout you?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I was only joking.

Yet I do understand your effort to defend yourself. Personal accusations are terrible things to deal with. They penetrate one's own heart and are extremely difficult to forgive.

Not sure where that accusation came from. Given that you mostly submit encouraging posts.
Yes, I know you were joking (that's why I put the laughing reaction on your post :))

I must say, I have fond memories from my years on myspace. The antics the non-believers got up to trying to discredit Christians could really be amusing. The first thing they did when I joined was try to chase me off. Toward the end of my time there, I thanked them for all the laughs. They could also be heartbreaking, as I witnessed more than one Christian crash and burn as the non-believers gleefully tore them apart. I learned a lot from my close to four years there.

My post in answer to Bluesproverb was simply to tell the truth to their lies.

The second post about my time on other Christian forums I have spoken of before.

I have been online as a Christian for about fifteen years. I was around three years into my Christian walk when I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.