Marriage by the Government?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

giantone

From time to time in history people for whatever reason mainly persecution chose to secretly get married without any legal documents or telling much of anyone except the minister and a few others.

Marriage is on the hit list in these end times and many times people can't afford to get married because of losing medical benefits or other money issues as a result many older people are living together but not officially married.

My question is: where in the Bible does it say you need to go through official channels to get married, and what channels do you need to go through if any, do you only need the O.K. of the minister minus the government or is all of it needed?

Feb 16, 2011
The Bible never says you need the papers. I think a marriage should be accoring to the Bible Matthew 5 and Matthew 19. Jesus himself gave us Scripture that people usually don't believe.
Jesus teaches:
1. That there is only one reason for divorce
2. People cannot marry people who are divorced
Most people are not following these teachings in the USA to be honest. Why don't we consider the words of Jesus Himself? People are usually married to people who are divorced. People get divorced over anything and not the one reason Jesus gave.

G

giantone

Wouldn't the government be sad :(if the Christians all decided to not include the government in their marriage. :eek:The government would be out lots of money or at least have less control and than everyone else who claims to want to be officially married can:) and the Christians don't need to share a part in it. They could call it a secret marriage at least from the government:eek:. They may need to start doing allot of things secret before long, but time will tell if i'm right.

And I agree with the divorce thing. The one thing that makes divorce acceptable is unfaithfulness and being treated like a dog is being unfaithful as well as adultery.:mad: