Marriage On/ Marriage Off

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kitkatbar

I really need prayer right now. I have been in a relationship with my fiance for almost 5 years now. We have been engaged for 2 years. We have 2 more years of engagement yet to go. We originally wanted to get married much sooner, but had extreme parental pressures on both sides to wait until college graduation. It is really getting to the point where the weight of it is crushing my spirit.

Usually I am okay with the long wait, but yesterday at church I had an experience that changed my mind. The real reason we have been able to wait so long is that we have compromised. The sermon was about lying and I just felt so much remorse for all the times I have had to lie to my parents and friends about it. I am so worried about setting a bad example for Christianity to the lost. I'm about a month away from being 21 yrs old and in my second year of college in case you were wondering.

*actually I am going to be a junior in college this year. I'm not sure if that was confusing.

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are in my prayers for all in of your concerns.
In Jesus, God bless.
pickles