marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shebear

My marriage has been in shambles! Please pray for us.

T

TashMeyer76

Hey Shebear - Yeah, marriage can sometimes turn for the better or the worse all depending on whether God is the Center of Both your lives - about 5 months ago, my husband and I stood on the verge of divorce, now going back 11 years of marriage, we lost each other after the first 3. Life became too busy, we had kids, we had things we wanted, we needed time for ourselves - before we knew it, we were simply "room mates" sharing in the responsibility of children. My love I had for my husband on the day we said our Vows was practically non existent. Everything he did and said irritated me, but I was the patient one, keeping it all tucked inside. He on the other hand was not worried to say exactly what he wanted, and at times degraded and made me feel totally worthless. So what happened 5 months ago? I made a mistake - temptation can so easily get a hold of you when you've given up on Hope and God. Needless to say I saw the error of my ways, and by the Grace of God my Husband also saw the error of his ways - we both made the choice to stop running away from one another but to run towards one goal. LOVE.

a. Love God first and foremost.
b. Love each other unconditionally (even when he picks his nose or farts in the lounge)
c. Love our children and teach them in God's way, set an example.

See the focal point here was to LOVE God first.

I can simply tell you - I was not totally at fault here, I was a broken woman with a broken past. But it took a change from ME to change my marriage. It's always so easy for us to point fingers and put blame on the other one, which is probably rightly so. But the smallest change you can make, consider it. If you never used to make him coffee, make him a cup. Show him that YOU are trying. Most importantly SEEK GOD in this.

Our Heavenly Father, we come to you with our heads bowed humbly in reverence and adoration to who you are. Jesus I pray that you will intervene in Shebear's marriage and that you will reconstruct the institution of it, not as it is set by man with the laws and regulations of man, but as it is set by you Father. The vow they said to one another when they got married was a promise not to each other, but a promise to YOU, in the presence of the heavenly hosts, and severing such a vow is like tearing at the tapestry of love. I pray for guidance, patience, kindness, I pray that any jealousy and pride that may have found root in this marriage to be removed by your power. We pray this in your almighty name. Amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Setting both you and your husband before God in Jesus's name for all help and healing.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

G

GodCan

Shebear, you are in my prayers. It sometimes sounds cliche but I mean this with all my heart
THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE FOR OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN!!
i was on the verge of divorce, married over 20 yrs at the time and my
husband was unfaithful. What I went through and what our marriage suffered
was hell. Every painful thing you could imagine during infidelity happened.
there was ZERO hope. I became my husband's enemy and I prayed for death.
i was in the dark like a zombie for months. For the first time in decades I fell to my knees.
I cried out loud in agony begging God to work in me and my husband who was living
already with the other woman. Anything I would tell my husband fell on deaf ears.
i felt the presence of God telling me things will happen on his time and for good reason.
this was excruciating to accept when all I saw was negative. Over a year later
God had kept his promise. He put total strangers in his path, unexplainable situations
started to occur. Our marriage had been hit so hard with infidelity, horrible financial
situation. The man who once loved me to the moon and back now said
he wasn't in love with me anymore. My husband was hardheaded each time God
gave him a way out. Instead my husband cursed God and blamed him for everything.
it took prayer, fasting, family, friends and churches praying. My husband now is better
than he ever was!! I had him on a pedestal because he was too good to be true.
hes off that pedestal and God is there now as he should be.
God will answer you. He will do what's in your best interest. Trust in him.
doubts will creep in... You tell the enemy if he has a problem with you and your marriage
to go fight The Lord over it! "Satan stand behind me! You do not own me or my marriage!"
say this to yourself, say it out loud when you need it.
You are the daughter of the greatest king, let him work. Pray for your husband and whatever he is
personally battling. Don't try and fix any of this. Everyday place your worries and burdens In God's hands.

S

shebear

Thank You so much! The way you felt is the I feel! I can't thank you enough for the encouragement. And thank you for sharing.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Do you Know Jesus is the Judge, i have filed a petition before the Lord, and you are summoned here to come to the Lord everday for your Judgement, do not fear, God will bless you and give a best life to Both of you, Amen