Mars-Bar Cheesecake

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iraasuup

This is sooo good!

Ingredients:

250g plain chocolate biscuits
150g butter, melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
20g butter, (extra)
300ml thickened cream
50g milk chocolate, chopped finely
3 teaspoons gelatine
1/4 cup (60ml) water
2x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
3x 60g Mars bars, chopped finely

Method:

1. Blend or process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter; process until just combined. Using one hand, press biscuit mixture evenly over base and side of a 20cm springform tin, cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.

2. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, extra butter and two tablespoons of the cream in small saucepan; stir over low heat, until suagr dissolves, to make butterscotch sauce.

3. Combine chocolate and another 2 tablespoons of the cream in another small saucepan; stir over low heat until chocolate melts.

4. Sprinkle gelatine over the water in small heatproof jug; stand jug small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves; cool 5 minutes.

5. Beat cheese and caster sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat remaining cream in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir slightly warm gelatine mixture into cheese mixture with mars-bars; fold in cream.

6. Pour half of the cheese mixture into prepared tin; drizzle half of the butterscotch and chocolate sauces over cheese mixture. Pull skewer backwards and forwards through mixture severel times to create marbled effect. Repeat process with remaining cheese mixture and sauces. Cover cheesecake; refigerate 3 hours or until set.

SERVES 8

** Katie's tips --- Because of the long refigeration times required for some steps, this recipe is a good one to prepare a day ahead if you are entertaining, however if you need to speed up the process I have found you can just whack it in the freezer.
You can also melt the chocolate and cream in a microwave oven; cook on HIGH(100%) about 1 minute, stirring twice while cooking.
I have also found lining the springform tin with greasepoof paper makes it much easier to remove the outer casing of the tin, when it comes time to serve the cake.**

I will post my recipe for Tim-Tam cheesecake next. It is much simpler than this one... (I know, I got a little carried away, but this is sooo good). ENJOY! ;)

M

missy2shoes

Can you use the light marsbars?......

I

iraasuup

Sure, I've never tried it with light mars bars.. but I'm sure it won't make any difference, since you chop them up anyway :)