Mary Magdalene?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stina1990

Ok so i started watch this movie called "Close to Jesus:Mary Magdalene". It's a pretty detailed movie of stuff that happen in her life right before Jesus and while she was with Jesus.

So my question to you guys is does the bible tell us a lot about Mary Magdalene or is it more like "hey she was a prostitute and she was forgiven and she was close to Jesus."?

B

Brandon777

You got it. That's all the Holy Bible says on it. The movie is a fiction entertanment set up by the Kingdom of Darkness to confuse the nations. Nothing to worry about.

S

Stina1990

You got it. That's all the Holy Bible says on it. The movie is a fiction entertanment set up by the Kingdom of Darkness to confuse the nations. Nothing to worry about.
thank you very much

C

CanadaNZ

Nicely put brandon, many try to fill in the gaps left by scripture rather than accepting that because God didn't tell us about it, we don't need to know about it. As I try to tell many, the bible is no primarily a historical document, but a revelation of God.

C

CanadaNZ

By the way Paul the Apostle movie is another that warps scripture and tries to fill in gaps.

A

A-Omega

The Bible never says Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. Her history in the Bible is that she had 7 demons in her and Jesus healed her.

S

Stina1990

The Bible never says Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. Her history in the Bible is that she had 7 demons in her and Jesus healed her.
I'm very sorry for calling her that then, I had just heard from others around me call her that so i thought it had said she was one. I just looked up all the places in the bible that she is mentioned and you are right i found no scripture proclaiming she was a prostitute. again I'm very sorry especially if I offended you in any way.

A

A-Omega

I'm very sorry for calling her that then, I had just heard from others around me call her that so i thought it had said she was one. I just looked up all the places in the bible that she is mentioned and you are right i found no scripture proclaiming she was a prostitute. again I'm very sorry especially if I offended you in any way.
No offense taken at all. Just wanted to keep things Biblically accurate. It's all good. People in church, pastors and people on TV always say she is a prostitute, so I don't blame you for thinking that. But it's just not what the Bible says. God bless.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
exactly, it was a pope in 500+bc who first said it.

S

SantoSubito

She's usually dwelled on because of her circumstances before she met Christ and the mention of her in many important events in the Gospels. But those who dwell upon it usually do so because they want to promote a "Jesus was married" idea and they always point to Mary Magdalene as his wife.

R

Ronin

Ok so i started watch this movie called "Close to Jesus:Mary Magdalene". It's a pretty detailed movie of stuff that happen in her life right before Jesus and while she was with Jesus.

So my question to you guys is does the bible tell us a lot about Mary Magdalene or is it more like "hey she was a prostitute and she was forgiven and she was close to Jesus."?
in acutality she was never considered a prostitue in the Bible. People assumed she was either the woman who cried at Jesus Feet or was the woman he saved from Stoning who was found to be in sin. But nowhwere is it refrenced that she was a woman of ill repute.

S

Stina1990

Thank you all for your replys