Mascara/Make up

• Thread starter Jesusfreakforever51
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jesusfreakforever51

What do you do if one parent says go ahead and wear mascara and make up and the other says no way? Is it bad to sneak mascara in and out of the house to where to school and church?

U

USNCorpsman76

It depends, who says yes and who says no?

M

Maya86

I use natural kehel/kohl/kajal (ebay 'kajal'.. its really cheap) to line my eyes. Back in the day, people didn't really have sunglasses and relied on kohl to protect their eyes from the sun and cool em down and thats what it does. :) Try speaking to your parents about it :)

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
youre 14? WHY do you need makeup?

J

Jullianna

Is it really about makeup or is it about honoring the parent (and by way of that honoring God) who for whatever reason doesn't think it's a good idea for you? I'm wondering how many kids in this world would love to have a parent who loved them enough to say no. :)

My stepdad didn't like for me to wear makeup as a teen. I wasn't thrilled about it either ;) but I loved him enough to understand that he was trying to protect me from some things that can happen to young ladies when they try to appear older than they really are. Ultimately you will need to decide whether something you can wash off of your face and let run down the drain is more important to you than respecting your parents and obeying God's instruction to honor our parents.

God bless :)

V

violakat

Me being the rebellious child that I was, at least when it comes to make-up, I might not be the best person to answer, but here goes. Although the story has nothing to do with make-up, it is related in regards to parents.

When I was a little girl, probably around 8 or 9, I ended up playing my parents off of each other, over going to swim to a friends house. I had asked my mom if I could go swimming, and she said no. She had left the house to do some errands, so of course, sneaky little me went to ask my dad. He asked what my mom had said, and of course I lied and said yes. So he let me. Long story short, I was quickly caught in my lie and punished. (Can't remember if it was a spanking or being grounded.)

So my suggestion is, if one parent says no, then that's the end of the story. Don't do it. You'll basically be playing each parent off of the other, and that's not honoring them. What you might consider doing, in a very respectful manner is ask the one who said no, if they would explain to you why they wish you would not wear make-up right now. Your parent probably has a very reasonable answer.

U

Ugly

this is simple... can you wear the makeup and still say you're honoring and obeying both your parents? if the answer is 'no' then regardless of the 'permission' one grants, you would still be disobeying the other.

May 6, 2011
from now on only ask questions of the one that you believe will answer to your liking. Thats what I did as a teen. I just asked my mom everything, even if i meant calling her

L

Liz01

You need to follow what bible says:
Ephesian 6:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother"-which is the first commandment with a promise-"so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth"
so i think that if you do what your mother say but disobey your father (and viceversa) then you are not following what bible says

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
from now on only ask questions of the one that you believe will answer to your liking. Thats what I did as a teen. I just asked my mom everything, even if i meant calling her
Problem solved! :)

J

Jullianna

Can WE call her too? Cos we have some serious questions about you :D

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Can WE call her too? Cos we have some serious questions about you :D

I've already talked to megatrons mommy..... and believe me you dont wanna know the answers... there weirder than he is...

;)