massacre in Connecticut

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rejoice83

Sep 29, 2011
Mike Huckabee's answer to the question "Why did God allowed this to happen?" (referring to the recent massacre in Connecticut)

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

"We don't have a crime problem, a gun problem or even a violence problem. What we have is a sin problem," Huckabee said on Fox News. "And since we've ordered God out of our schools, and communities, the military and public conversations, you know we really shouldn't act so surprised ... when all hell breaks loose."

As a little background of what Mike Huckabee was saying about "we've ordered God out of our schools" is that the US schools are prohibiting the teaching of Creationism, instead they teach the false theory of evolution. They prohibit school prayers, but allow cursing of God! Thus, they have rejected God out of our school system. Therefore, God too has rejected them! Of course, He still protects His own people who put their trust in Him.

W

webchatter

Well if any one of those 1st graders was a Christian you & Huckabee are wrong. There are lots of dead Christians, so I don't know how you can say God din't protect these kids, but he still protects His own people who put their trust in Him"?

Last edited:
D

Daniel94

As much as Mike Huckabee and you would like to believe God is not in our schools y'all are wrong. For example, there was a club at my high school called Fellowship of Christian Students(FCS). Every Wednesday morning they would pray around the flag pole. There was a student at my school who ended up in the hospital and the FCS had a prayer meeting after school for him and his family. I have also prayed on my own at school so I don't know where y'all are getting they don't allow prayer. I don't know if you have heard of it, but every American has these little things called freedoms and while in a school setting they may be limited religion is not one of the ones that gets limited.

Let me say this, God has no limitations. Man can not stop God from going where He wants. And while Mike Huckabee may think God is not in schools, as long as there is one Christian in that school, whether they be a student or apart of the staff, God is there. How can anyone say God is not where a child of His is?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Well if any one of those 1st graders was a Christian you & Huckabee are wrong. There are lots of dead Christians, so I don't know how you can say God din't protect these kids, but he still protects His own people who put their trust in Him"?
The Christian child is dancing before the throne of God, how is he not protected? Oh, you mean in this world. True we have no bulletproof shield, and are as vulnerable as the rest barring an occasional Holy intercession. But it's true, you can't spend generations carving God out of the schools - and society for that matter - and claim to be surprised when all hell does indeed break loose. Jeeze, as a people we spend our days pissin' each other off, and then are just aplexed when someone gets pissed off. That is what we're protected from, not the world's bullets but the world's insanity.

F

fireofpassion

May god be with those poor mothers and fathers
And give them peace...

The end is near, there's so much more evil and it did
State that during the end time the holy spirit would become less and evil will
Spread.. May god give you the understanding and the peace upon your selfs about this
Horrific situation and in jesus name I command the enemy down from any confusion
Upon gods people xxxxxx god bless you xxxxxx