Matt 27:21-23

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
Matthew 27:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.
22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.

Matthew 27:21-23 Expanded Bible (EXB)

21 Pilate said, “Which of these two do you want me to set free for you?”
The people answered, “Barabbas.”
22 Pilate asked, “So what should I do with Jesus, the one called the •Christ [Messiah]?”
They all answered, “Crucify him!”
23 Pilate asked, “Why? What •wrong [crime; evil] has he done?”
But they shouted louder, “Crucify him!”

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 They wanted this evil man instead of Jesus. When we chose sin over Jesus or chose man’s way over the Lord’s way we chose Barabbas instead of Jesus.

22 They now had the plot to kill Jesus come full, he would now be sentenced to death and while this was part of God’s great plan, this meant their hearts were so turned against God that they wanted nothing to do with Him, the world can come to this point and at this point may not be reached.

23 Pilate didn’t want an innocent man to die but this is what they were pushing for its likely if Jesus was released that there would be a riot.

Jan 25, 2015
Barabbas means son of the father.

So they had to choose between Son of the Father (Jesus) and son of the father (worldly father, Barrabas). We all have to make our choice :)

The Jews couldn't crucify Jesus on that day as it was Pesach and like a Sabbath to them, that is why they insisted that Pilate had to give the instruction to crucify Jesus.