Matthew 1.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
This is not a thread where you can come to disagree. If you do not have something to contribute in the Spirit that rules here, please leave without comments. Respect all people here and aspecially their vews. We are tired of the arguments, and we want to UNITE in our faith in the same direction. If you do not like what is typed by any person just ignore it, no matter how strong it is against your grain. I will pm the person if we have to talk, God will lead, we will follow. WE TRUST GOD TO BE THE TEACHER!

There is enough people here that will stay 100% in unison, and even if they are wrong, They agree still. We do not need you to tell us how wrong we are...We believe as we do, and God is our Teacher, so He will get us right, if we are wrong, and He will get us further if we are right...Not even Satan has a chance here.

We are a church as in 1 Corinthians 14. If God tells you something to write here, please do. If god revealed something to you please share. And if God gives you a prayer to say, please do pray for us...

May the Lord Jesus Christ, bless every reader, And may the Lord give us the Love, that He gave Jesus!

My prayer is that God's will be done in us as His will is done in heaven.

Amen.

Last edited:
May 21, 2009
Thank you and God bless you!

E

eternally-gratefull

matt 1.

1. Geneology which proved Christ came through abraham, through david (thus called son of abraham and son of david.)

2. Mary was betrothed to Jospeh. But before they had sex (consummated their marriage) . she got pregant by the HS

3. Joseph thought to put her away. But an angel changed his mind, telling him what is in mary was from the HS, was prophesied in the OT, and is come to save mankind (Immanuel)

4. Joseph obeyed the angel. Did not hide mary, but took her. and did not have sex with her (consummate the marriage) until after Jesus was born.

Not sure if this is what you wanted. but that is Matt 1

Feb 17, 2010
From verse 18, the birthline we will discuss when we see the other one in Luke...
Because Jesus was concieved from the Holy Ghost, this means Jesus NEVER had a fleshly father like us! And the Spirit that Jesus recieved had one differance than ours. We recieve a clean spirit at birth, but Jesus recieved a clean and already HOLY SPIRIT! This is the differnce between baby Jesus and baby Cobus. The Holy Spirit cannot foul up, but the clean one can. The word HOLY means most easely put ... seperated BY GOD FOR GOD'S pupose. And the word GHOST.... Mental disposition Life and mind... So the Holy Spirit (Ghost) that was in Jesus, is the Fathers SEPERATED THOUGHTS FOR HIS WILL. Jesus was a human that had God's thoughts, and only God's thoughts. Jesus had God's mental disposition. God's NATURE!!

When a virgin was given out to a man by her father and the husband found out she is no virgin the husband could send her back to the father. It was a great shame for the family then. And this is what almost happened here... But Joseph decided to do it in quite form...privately.. Then God's angel changed his mind, and Joseph took her as wife. GOOD man Joseph. And immediately a believer, The angel appeared in his dream and HE STILL WENT through with the marriage. God must have put faith in him. Nobody would have acted on only a dream. The angel did speak to him and said... How the baby was begotten, and what the Name of the Baby should be... Jesus... In Hebrew meaning saviour. FOR HEW SHALL SAVE PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS...

Now I like to believe the Word as it stands...Jesus shall save me FROM MY SINS...

Now the prophecy ... Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Again I believe this means Jesus IS GOD WITH US!

Joseph was a good man and God was with him, becasue Joseph respected the BABY JESUS so that he did not know his wife untill AFTER the Baby was born... That makes Jesus 100% concieved by the Holy Sprit! And Joseph was obedient...He called the firstborn son of his wife...JESUS!

Lord thank You for this Word. Jesus please lay this Truth on our hearts, so that the Word can be our NEW nature...AMEN!

A

Abiding

I will do my best to respect all men, not so with their views. And if you want me
to just let you write long pages of stuff and not tell you i disagree and why then dont
address them at the start...dear abiding.....deal?
blessings to you cobus!

Jul 3, 2011
Matthew 1, God with us, incarnate as our Savior.

A

Ariel82

have you compared the genealogy of Matthew 1 through Solomon son of David and Luke 3 Nathan son of David?

Luke 3

23 Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,[d]the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Janna, the son of Joseph, 25 the son of Mattathiah, the son of Amos, the son of Nahum, the son of Esli, the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath, the son of Mattathiah, the son of Semei, the son of Joseph, the son of Judah, 27 the son of Joannas, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melchi, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elmodam, the son of Er, 29 the son of Jose, the son of Eliezer, the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon, the son of Judah, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonan, the son of Eliakim, 31 the son of Melea, the son of Menan, the son of Mattathah, the son of Nathan, the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Boaz, the son of Salmon, the son of Nahshon, 33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, 35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Eber, the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech, 37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Cainan, 38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Matthew 1

The Genealogy of Jesus Christ

1 The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham:
2 Abraham begot Isaac, Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot Judah and his brothers. 3 Judah begot Perez and Zerah by Tamar, Perez begot Hezron, and Hezron begot Ram. 4 Ram begot Amminadab, Amminadab begot Nahshon, and Nahshon begot Salmon. 5 Salmon begot Boaz by Rahab, Boaz begot Obed by Ruth, Obed begot Jesse, 6 and Jesse begot David the king.

David the king begot Solomon by her who had been the wife[a] of Uriah. 7 Solomon begot Rehoboam, Rehoboam begot Abijah, and Abijah begot Asa. 8 Asa begot Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat begot Joram, and Joram begot Uzziah. 9 Uzziah begot Jotham, Jotham begot Ahaz, and Ahaz begot Hezekiah. 10 Hezekiah begot Manasseh, Manasseh begot Amon,[c] and Amon begot Josiah. 11 Josiah begot Jeconiah and his brothers about the time they were carried away to Babylon.
12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jeconiah begot Shealtiel, and Shealtiel begot Zerubbabel. 13 Zerubbabel begot Abiud, Abiud begot Eliakim, and Eliakim begot Azor. 14 Azor begot Zadok, Zadok begot Achim, and Achim begot Eliud. 15 Eliud begot Eleazar, Eleazar begot Matthan, and Matthan begot Jacob. 16 And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ.
17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ are fourteen generations.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
It is interesting how there are three sets of 14 generations. God does things in 3's it seems.

Also interesting that an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph telling him not to put Mary away. And even better, telling him that the child was conceived of the Holy Spirit. And even more that He would be a son, and that Joseph was to call Him Jesus.

And behold, Joseph obeyed the angel of the Lord in all that he was told in the dream.

C

Consumed

Gods plan is always fulfilled no matter the opposition, His will is fulfilled for His purpose

R

Ramon

I am going to like this. 100% conceived by the Holy Ghost!! Amen.

May Jesus bless you.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I am going to like this. 100% conceived by the Holy Ghost!! Amen.

May Jesus bless you.
Yes, amen, the Son of God, conceived by tue Holy Spirit!

Every child of God is conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Praise Jesus!

Feb 17, 2010
just to get this behind us... We are made up by three parts... flesh...lots of water and bones... just a body...then we have soul... the soul is in the blood... And this soul is DEAD when there is no spirit that gives it life....Soul is the doer, spirit is the infuence on the soul. I can best describe it as a motorcar... A motorcar also needs three things to operate...(the spirit is the driver) It needs a driver, this driver will start the car and DRIVE the car.... Then this car needs all the working parts called the BODY and engine and fuel and wheels and all the working parts as well as a steering, and steering rack... The steering and rack is the SOUL of the car...It is the part of the body that the driver uses to DIRECT the car in the direction the DRIVER wants to go.

The difference between my car and the CAR Jesus had was the DRIVER. I drive my car to desaster, and GOD HIMSLEF drove Jesus' car. That is why He NEVER made an accident... But Jesus came to show us HOW TO DRIVE SAFELY. And after we believe that HE CAN DRIVE WELL, we go for driving lessons... Take up the cross and follow Him.. Soon he will get in the car with us as passanger, and instructor...telling us where we make mistakes...and if we listen to Him and does as He advizes then we correct the mistake and becomes better drivers..then He shows us the next mistake...And while we practise to correct this mistake he waits, and even let us drive by our own again, and then we call Him and say look I do it right now, then he helps with the next mistake...And so we go on until HE SAYS...YEP NOW YOU Drive like me... Here is a new car, Now go and teach others to DRIVE LIKE US...

R

Ramon

just to get this behind us... We are made up by three parts... flesh...lots of water and bones... just a body...then we have soul... the soul is in the blood... And this soul is DEAD when there is no spirit that gives it life....Soul is the doer, spirit is the infuence on the soul. I can best describe it as a motorcar... A motorcar also needs three things to operate...(the spirit is the driver) It needs a driver, this driver will start the car and DRIVE the car.... Then this car needs all the working parts called the BODY and engine and fuel and wheels and all the working parts as well as a steering, and steering rack... The steering and rack is the SOUL of the car...It is the part of the body that the driver uses to DIRECT the car in the direction the DRIVER wants to go.

The difference between my car and the CAR Jesus had was the DRIVER. I drive my car to desaster, and GOD HIMSLEF drove Jesus' car. That is why He NEVER made an accident... But Jesus came to show us HOW TO DRIVE SAFELY. And after we believe that HE CAN DRIVE WELL, we go for driving lessons... Take up the cross and follow Him.. Soon he will get in the car with us as passanger, and instructor...telling us where we make mistakes...and if we listen to Him and does as He advizes then we correct the mistake and becomes better drivers..then He shows us the next mistake...And while we practise to correct this mistake he waits, and even let us drive by our own again, and then we call Him and say look I do it right now, then he helps with the next mistake...And so we go on until HE SAYS...YEP NOW YOU Drive like me... Here is a new car, Now go and teach others to DRIVE LIKE US...
AMEN! I love this. Yes. AMEN!!