Matthew 10 - Continued

  • Thread starter Thread starter prodigaldaughter
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

prodigaldaughter

Guest
Either late last night or early this morning what rested upon my heart that I needed to expand more on what I wrote concerning Matthew 10. So this is a continuation of it.

In Matthew 10 I see 4 groups of people.

1) Israel lost tribes those who were dispersed.
2) The disciples of Jesus during His time on earth.
3) Persecutors
4) Christians today

There are two time frames

1) The time of Jesus' disciples
2) Present day

One can see that Jesus was showing His concern on the work that must be done by His disciples then and us now. He did not want to leave us powerless or clueless. He informed us the work to be done, how the work should be done, what to expect from people and what to expect from Him and the Father.

For the disciples then they had instructions to reach out to the lost tribes of Israel in addition to what they should do etc.

For Christians today the same applies with regards to the work and what to expect.

The Work

We are commissioned to drive out unclean spirits (spiritual afflictions), heal illnesses (physical afflictions) and spread the message of the same hope we have to all who do not have it.

The Tool to use for both spiritual and physical afflictions is His name. The Father gave Jesus all authority, if we believe upon Him [faith] we have access to this authority this is our tool.

Our Attitude and Work Ethics
1) We are to not worry on the cost of the work involved or the cost of living. This shall be provided either by the work of our own hands in which we shall be paid in kind or cash; or people who have received us will bless us. Our Father knows us He knows our needs He shall provide.

2) We received the work of Jesus free therefore we are to pass it on free we are not suppose to make people feel that they have to "pay" to get what we can give them in Jesus name.

3) We are to be humble and not think ourselves above Jesus. It is not our glory we ought to seek it is His glory. It is not about us and never shall be about us it is all about Him.

4) We are to be like Jesus. In the 4 gospels one can see the personality and attitude of Jesus how He carried himself. How He interacted with people. How He taught. The focus was on the kingdom.

5) We are not to feel ashamed of what we are doing or have to do. In other words someone asks you or make a comment on what you are doing don't hide the truth don't brush it off as nothing important.

6) We are not to put anyone or anything before serving God.

7) We are to teach the message of Jesus Christ to all.

Persecutions

1) We are to expect persecutions or objections or rejections. Do not hate the people they are not doing this to you but to Christ.

2) Do not worry over what you will say. God shall place His words into your mouth.

3) Do not worry over your safety God shall guide your steps He shall protect you.

4) Expect betrayal.

5) Many will reject the message because to them they are righteous they are "good" people.

6) The message of Jesus Christ will cause divisions even in households.


Reward for the Worker

1) He who endures through all the bad stuff while doing the work shall be rewarded in this life as well as in the life that is to come.


Closing

All must be reached, have faith and access the power of the authority of Jesus name. Do it all for the glory of God for it is not about us never was and never shall be it is all about HIM. Amen Amen
 
The people in my building think I have some kind of psyic powers. I do not, I use the name of Jesus, to rebuke. In the yard, there's been a tree, for the past 20 years, and it is right over where I park, I always bind that tree from falling, in windy days. One day I moved away from it, and it was the month early when all the leaves were on it, but it snowed, and made the huge 1/4 of the tress huge branches, heavey, so I stood by the window, and said to the tree, fall , fall, quit loudly as the neighbors heard, I said fall to the ground in the name of Jesus, and after a minute it snaped the huge trunk that took a whole bunch of people to electric cut it into pieces, was on the ground. I stood in faith, and spoke it. Words do have power. I took the picture on the cell phone which is, and might post it, it covered the whole, enitre back yard, the huge trunk and all the other branches of it. The girl downstairs, said, "she told the tree to fall, and it did." It is not a chance, like the Red sea opening, and other miracles. We have been given authority, it was not a little bitty branch, it was huge a huge trunk. I am thankfull that I do not have to worry about it falling on my car. God does care. Always....:)
 
to add, to taking authority, one of the workers shovled all the snow in the back of my car, not very caring or loving, a huge mountain of it. It didn't help with the 4 wheel drive as it was almost 4 feet high, or more, I called to the Lord, it was not a kind act to do, and flattened some of it and stood on it and said, Father, melt this make it disappear. I felt no sense of time, in the few moments, and it was gone, the people who park behind me, came back to see a mountain of snow, and the one lady was shocked she said, "what happened to the snow" the other said" I don't know!" If God can heal diseases and things in the body, he is the same God to do the things outwardly. It was gone, I do admit shoveling a little to stand on it, but it was not the mountain as I am not to lift because of my back. So miracles do happen. Many of them...Glory to God in the heavens, and with us.. amen.
 
Thank you for your comment. Yes indeed if we have faith we can do it all for the glory of God. To the eyes of those who do not believe they will think you have such powers (psychic, voodoo, witchcraft etc). People will know eventually that it is not by (your) might now by (your) power but by my (Lord God Almighty) Spirit that we are able to do such works.