Matthew 7:6

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EndlessGrace

Jesus said: "Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls then turn and attack you."

I feel that this is a warning about yoking with unbelievers. What do you think?

I like the metaphor of throwing pearls to pigs. The works that the Lord does in us are precious, just as the works that the enemy is able to do in unbelievers are malicious and can directly affect us if we allow them into our lives, inevitably allowing them to influence us.

A

AnandaHya

I think it says unless God cleanses them of their sins and makes them holy they will not listen or receive His Words but will seek to attack you and devour you if you allow them to.

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Jesus said: "Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls then turn and attack you."

I like the metaphor of throwing pearls to pigs. The works that the Lord does in us are precious, just as the works that the enemy is able to do in unbelievers are malicious and can directly affect us if we allow them into our lives, inevitably allowing them to influence us.
I disagree. Most of the time unbelievers couldn't care less if you had a pearl or not. They couldn't be bothered by what you have received from God. If a miracle happened in your life, or God gave you some huge insight into things they tend to be more open to it than the Christian world.

No what is talked about here is the people that struggle in listening to the Holy Spirit and because of that they enforce that everyone should believe like they do. For example. If you prayed for someone and he got healed. The unbeliever would go like... Wow! Can you do that again.
But the "person" that is mentioned here would not. They would DEMAND scripture and ask for a sign to give proof that you have the right to do such things. They will try and discredit you and claim that your testimonies is false and they might even go as far as to state that you are worshipping idols.

So the bigger question here is what is a pearl. Let me give you an example again. When I wsa 17 years old I saw one of my fellow church buddies being sick and believing that God could heal him I went to pray for Him, however I did not want to stop praying until he was healed. After 15 minutes others of my church softly took me to a side and told me to stop. I then wanted to know what I did wrong from God, because he didn't get healed and obviously God could do it. God then over a few years explained to me faith and methods etc.

Today if God shows me a person He also show me vividly the method I need to use to heal the person and when I do it, the person is healed.

The methods God shows me is the pearls. To explain the methods to a person as I mentioned above, they will ultimately try to destroy me or demand scriptures for the exact methods etc. TO put it plainly they will trample on it. They will claim I can't do it. And if it happened it was just my imagination or they would claim I use some kind of demonic entity to do it. Not suprisingly since they claimed Jesus healed people by belzebub.

So often when God use me to aid people in healing or so. I do the method but I don't explain it. That way I don't give my pearls to those that are going to trample on it. The same is true for every other gift of the Holy Spirit. Not just healing. However, I hardly ever discuss my pearls at all. Just when I am discipling someone I know is going to give the proper respect to those pearls I teach them. And then I see God working miraculously in there lives and we all give glory and praise to God.

The unbeliever really has no idea what is going on in any case. To him I am merely praying to God and God is replying which gives faith to him and then he starts to believe. If he doesn't it is merely his choice. But since he doesn't even know or understand about the pearls there is no real threat from his side. Merely ignorance.

Most of the time it wasn't the unbelievers that accused Jesus or threatened him. It was the pharisees. The people that were in the synagoge every sabbath, standing on the streets praying and claiming the LAW where ever they go, stating who was in it and who was not in it and demanded retribution for the smallest of things done wrong, but never aiding in love. Never healing. Never comforting.

Jesus who saw through all of this said for us the following don't give your pearls to them. For they will trample on it with everything they can get their hands on, for that is the nature of a pig. It eats and tramples on the same things.

L

Laodicea

How do we determine what is swine and what is not?
Ezekiel 3:19-21
(19) Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
(20) Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
(21) Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

Oct 31, 2011
Exodus 23:23
My angel will go ahead of you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, and I will wipe them out.
You are way ahead of me. I am still back in Exodus with this verse. When our triune God created us and our world and how He designed it to work, He seemed to have designed it for us to be wholeheartedly in tune with His design. It would be nice to have more “Oh, that’s OK, as long as your heart is in the right place”. What a blessing to have the blood of our Savior and repentance for when we miss the mark.