May finally become legal to call police horse 'gay' - UK

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
'Insulting' words crime which made it illegal to call a police horse 'gay' is to be changed

A law which has been used to try to convict a student who said “woof” to a police dog, or called a police horse ”gay” is to be changed.

Home secretary Theresa May said the Government will accept a House of Lords amendment to remove the word 'insulting’ from Section 5 of the Public Order Act.

The amendment had been promoted in the House of Lords by Lord Dear, a former HM Inspector of Constabulary.

Six years ago police tried to prosecute Oxford student Sam Brown after he said to a mounted officer: “Excuse me, do you realise your horse is gay?"

Mr Brown, who made the comment during a night out with friends in Oxford after his final exams, was arrested under section 5 of the Public Order Act for making homophobic remarks.

However, after he refused to pay a £80 fine, the Crown Prosecution Service declined to pursue the case.

The following year Kyle Little, a 16-year-old from Newcastle, was fined £50 with £150 costs for saying “woof” to a Labrador dog in front of police officers.

'Insulting' words crime which made it illegal to call a police horse 'gay' is to be changed - Telegraph < click

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Nothing you can make up, on your best day, is ever half as funny as real life.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Nothing you can make up, on your best day, is ever half as funny as real life.
i reckon it's almost safe to say via Twitter a copper's horse is gay.
NSA hopefully got the news.
renditioned over a horsie-hate crime would be stupid.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
i reckon it's almost safe to say via Twitter a copper's horse is gay.
NSA hopefully got the news.
renditioned over a horsie-hate crime would be stupid.
Just noticed your avatar and have to say hello to another Carole King fan! ;)

Don't want to derail. Carry on with your regularly scheduled thread.

Mar 21, 2011
:) Australians are scratching their heads at most of this stuff. You foreigners would be shocked at how foul our language is.

Jul 25, 2005
David once more reminds me of why I love the Aussies.

Mar 21, 2011
David once more reminds me of why I love the Aussies.
We love Americans down here :)

So I may complain about your government, but hey you guys do that too!

Jul 25, 2005
You could say that complaining about our government while, at the same time, venerating our political foundations is one of the top American pastimes.