Maybe an unimportant prayer request but...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GentlemanBobIII

I recently moved from Ohio to West Virginia. In Ohio there is no inspection required for motor vehicles. This is not the case in WV. I have 30 days to transfer my registration and only 10 days after that to get the vehicle inspected. If it does not pass I will have no choice but to scrap it and be without a car. There is no public transportation in my area. I bought the vehicle in February. At the bare minimum I need to replace the windshield as it has a crack in it from before I bought it. That alone will cost me around $250. I can manage that. However there may be other things underneath the hood and car that I am not aware of. Case and point when I lived here a couple years ago it turned out that I needed to replace the upper and lower ball-joints and tie rods. that cost me $350. I was working full time then so I was able to effect the repairs. Now, however I am living on a fixed income now and would not have the money to fix much more than the windshield and I would not have any more money until the following month which of course will be too late. There are a lot of potholes out where I used to live and there is a real possibility there could be damage to the tie rods though I am not aware of any. I guess my prayer request would be that when I get the vehicle inspected there will be nothing to cause the vehicle to fail the inspection or it will be something minor that I can afford to repair right away. Like I said maybe a superficial unimportant prayer request but please consider praying about it. Is it wrong to pray for a car? -Bob

cozy

Jan 18, 2010
I don't know much but I know God is able. I can tell you that 1 week before moving across the country, I was told I not only needed a new clutch, but a new axel. I only had enough money for the gas to get home, not for anything major. God provided EVERYTHING, I paid NOTHING! Then when getting here, I had to register the car and it wouldn't pass smog and needed a new computer & over a thousand dollars of work. I PAID NOTHING. God is faithful. Prayer does work. Even if it doesn't happen in the manner we would think, it is nonetheless miraculous. I don' t know what God has for you but I will pray God works in your favor. God Bless and keep encouraged. The God that created the universe and silly ole me, is definately capable of handleing our car problems.

B

BrittanyJones

Not at all! God provides for our needs definitely, I just said a prayer for you and I believe everything will be good for you :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus that your car will pass inspection. :)

God bless.
pickles

K

kiwiMERT

No prayer is unimportant bro!

I don't know a lot about cars, but I do know the name of a great mechanic... His name starts with G!

You know God is pretty neat bloke, when I was five He dried my swimming togs! (my very first testimony) God is our provider of all our needs, even the little stuff, that some of us think is pretty "unimportant" (like drying a five year old's swimming gear! gushy and girly I know!) So if He can take time out of his busy schedule to answer a five year old's prayer, then I'm pretty certain He can tinker about with your car or shuffle some paper work so it all works out... and if not... then He's obviously got something bigger and better planned for you!

So mate,
God is good, in fact good doesn't even describe Him, God is flippin' incredible!

Aroha Nui (much love)

*E-J*

HoneyDew

Apr 30, 2011
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:19-20 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now unto God and our Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Be encouraged.

G

Grey

No prayer is unimportant!

S

spcltchr

I don't believe there are any unimportant prayers. Will be praying for your car.

G

GentlemanBobIII

thanks all of you.You folks are great. I wish some of you were closer and we could get together for coffee.

G

godovermoney

my friend i live in ohio and i was thinking about this the other day. our roads are all torn up potholes everywhere very dangerous. i will pray for you

A

Alex_Nikkdo

Just as there is no stupid questions just unasked question. It is the same with prayer. I prayed for you. God Bless you Brother!

S

sinnomorePTL

Dear Brother, I do not know if there is an unimportant prayer,

Dear Brother Bob, I am sorry to hear of your problems with your car. You should be able to do better than $250. on your windshield. Unless it is a very unusual car, you should be able to get one from a junk yard. If you can't put it in yourself, perhaps a friend or family member could. It shouldn't be more than $100. bucks at the junk yard.

I have lived in many states and haven't found any state that checks out other than basic polution and saftey items, IE: exhuast, lites, brakes and turn signals. Oh yea, and windshields.

I pray that God provides abundantly for all your needs, in Jesus name, Amen.

Love in Jesus
brother Gary
I recently moved from Ohio to West Virginia. In Ohio there is no inspection required for motor vehicles. This is not the case in WV. I have 30 days to transfer my registration and only 10 days after that to get the vehicle inspected. If it does not pass I will have no choice but to scrap it and be without a car. There is no public transportation in my area. I bought the vehicle in February. At the bare minimum I need to replace the windshield as it has a crack in it from before I bought it. That alone will cost me around $250. I can manage that. However there may be other things underneath the hood and car that I am not aware of. Case and point when I lived here a couple years ago it turned out that I needed to replace the upper and lower ball-joints and tie rods. that cost me $350. I was working full time then so I was able to effect the repairs. Now, however I am living on a fixed income now and would not have the money to fix much more than the windshield and I would not have any more money until the following month which of course will be too late. There are a lot of potholes out where I used to live and there is a real possibility there could be damage to the tie rods though I am not aware of any. I guess my prayer request would be that when I get the vehicle inspected there will be nothing to cause the vehicle to fail the inspection or it will be something minor that I can afford to repair right away. Like I said maybe a superficial unimportant prayer request but please consider praying about it. Is it wrong to pray for a car? -Bob