Maybe God is protecting us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Ever wonder if maybe you haven't met anyone because God could be protecting you from the potentially controlling, abusive, neglectful, manipulative, overbearing, angry, immature, unfaithful partners out there?

If He is, we should be thankful for it instead of feeling ignored or made to wait for no reason.

K

kiwi_OT

Interesting thought.

But can I say this. I am a professioning Christian woman, I love Jesus so much! I love my Abba. I love my fiance. but I honestly and shamefully know for a fact that Ive lied, neglected, acted hypocritically, manipulated and controlled, been overbearing and definitley been angry on multiple occasions and have been somewhat verbally abusive to strangers and those I love throughout my life (especially while driving). Sometimes Ive committed these sins seperately, sometimes together, sometimes minor versions compared to what society would call sociopathic sinning, but at the end of the day Ive done these things and the context where these sins have been put under the microscope have been when I was in relationships. If you want to be in a relationship with a person and NOT experience their sin, then I suggest you go live in a cave, close yourself in and put a bag over your head. Its impossible.

Its what you do with your own sin and your attitude to others sin that counts.

Katy

Jan 16, 2011
What a beautiful way to look at it Zeroturbulance :)

Katy

Jan 16, 2011
Interesting thought.

But can I say this. I am a professioning Christian woman, I love Jesus so much! I love my Abba. I love my fiance. but I honestly and shamefully know for a fact that Ive lied, neglected, acted hypocritically, manipulated and controlled, been overbearing and definitley been angry on multiple occasions and have been somewhat verbally abusive to strangers and those I love throughout my life (especially while driving). Sometimes Ive committed these sins seperately, sometimes together, sometimes minor versions compared to what society would call sociopathic sinning, but at the end of the day Ive done these things and the context where these sins have been put under the microscope have been when I was in relationships. If you want to be in a relationship with a person and NOT experience their sin, then I suggest you go live in a cave, close yourself in and put a bag over your head. Its impossible.

Its what you do with your own sin and your attitude to others sin that counts.
No one is perfect that is for sure :) I think the point above may be though.. that God is saving us from the heartache of being with the wrong person...

K

kiwi_OT

No one is perfect that is for sure :) I think the point above may be though.. that God is saving us from the heartache of being with the wrong person...
Im a bit skeptic about this, I don't believe God takes away people in order to 'save' us. I believe hes given us his Word for us to study so we can be discerning about who we allow in our lives, and to potentially change that other person's life as well.

God has given us free will to decide who comes into our lives and who stays out. I definitley think that he places people in front of us (christian and non christian alike).

Sometimes sadly we have no choice in who comes into our lives. Like being under a horrible boss, Gods not going to whisk you away just because your boss is giving you heartache over the amount of work he expects you to do, and hes not necessarily going to save you from a sibling who is verbally abusive to you about your faith (Jesus had to deal with this). Even worse what about the times when you turn on the news and hear that an innocent girl was abducted and raped and murdered? She was definitely with the wrong person, so why didnt Angels come and save her then? Hmm? So why would romantic relationships be an exception to any other relationship?

R

Rissa77

I relate to what zero is saying because I know if when I was younger and a boy showed deep interest in me, I would have let him into my life without much question. I didn't have the standards and love for God like I do now. I was always bitter towards my best friend because she got all the attention. The attention ended up leading her into relationships that hurt her greatly. The mention of one of their names brings tremors to her spine and mine. If that boy had shown attention to me instead, I would have let him in no doubt.

So even though I complained about not ever having any guy's attention and always being the sidekick to the one who did, I'm thankful now. Guys are easier to turn down when your focus is right.

P

princessbella

You have a good point the Zeroturbulance one in which looking back i agree with

C

carpetmanswife

God often has to delay His work in us in order to accomplish something for His purposes that can be achieved only in the delay. We need not faint as God places us in what seems to be a holding pattern. God is at work. God knows the purposes for His delays. Don't give up, for they are for His greater glory; so we need to remain faithful.................... I recently posted this on facebook , felt God was telling me this for a totally different reason but i fell it fits in perfectly right here. :)

T

thimsrebma

I've thought about that pelnty of times.

I also thought maybe he was saving someone from me. HEHEHEHEHEHE:D

J

Jullianna

LOL@ Amber!!

As I said in another thread, I think God married me off early to protect me from my wild streak when I was young, so I have no problem agreeing with you on this one, Gabe. One of the things I'm looking forward to when we get to be with the Lord forever is finding out about all of the things He's protected us from that we never realized. :)

X

XboughtwithapriceX

Someone actually told me that Rejection is God's protection. I like to look at it this way, and if you are dating, always pray before you start dating.
I think, if our intentions God will grant us the desires of our hearts. He does want us to be happy, and he says in the bible its not good for man to alone.
We should only be with someone if that someone is going to make us better followers and us the same to that person, its always God first and your significant other second. When He asks us to wait, his not denying us anything, his just letting us know that he makes it all perfect in HIS time. Patience is our faith in God's perfect timing.

S

See_KING_Truth

It took me a couple years of being single to see it in that light. I have been single now for over five years and it doesn't bother me at all. It used to bother me very much so, and I would ask "Why?". I prayed about it and God gave me that exact answer, He is only protecting me.

B

Boanerges

Well, I was worried about this part yesterday:
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. [ 1 Cor 7:8] And if that is the will of God for me? Is it?

X

XboughtwithapriceX

Well, I was worried about this part yesterday:
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. [ 1 Cor 7:8] And if that is the will of God for me? Is it?
God loves you and he wants you to be happy

If you desire to be married, if it in your deepest of hearts you desire a mate, then God will satisfy that desire.
Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.

1 Corinthians 7:2

But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Matthew 19:4-6

He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

God Wants Marriages to Produce Godly Children

“And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And why one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.” Malachi 2:15

Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whore mongers and adulterers God will judge.” Hebrews 13:4

God commanded mankind to be fruitful and multiply (Genesis 1:28)
God decided that Man was best off if he had a bride (Genesis 2:18)

"And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make a helper for him." (Genesis 2:18)
"And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from the man, he made into a woman, and brought her to the man" (Genesis 2:22)

P

Psalm2713

This is true.........yes dear God there are so many psychos out there, but please please bless us all with people to love and to have a home with... people to call family...Thank you because you have great things in store for us.... Amen :)

C

CatWoman

I am 45 years old. When I look back in my life I relize I was attracted to "BAD BOYS". I don't think I was ready to get married.I don't know if I'm ready now.I am thankful that I never did marry any of the guys I dated.I do think I would of went through some hard times if I did. I used to feel sorry for myself and thought something was wrong with me that I wasnt. Now I dont feel that way any more. There is nothing wrong with being single. Maybe I'll never marry, I dont know but I love myself. 1 is a whole number.Dont get me wrong I do feel lonley at times. I fill up that void by spending time with my family and friends.When no one is available I talk to the Lord.He comforts me.