Meat of the Gospel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 24, 2010
Jn 4:34

34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

The gospel is the work that was finished on the cross through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the Lamb of God. In that work He put away sin, destroyed the work of the devil and made it possible for sinners to be cleansed and forgiven of sin through faith in the shed blood of Christ. This is the meat of the gospel and the message that we have been called to preach. Are we being lead astray from the meat of the gospel?

This is the message of the Saviour that bleed and suffered death being judged for sin as us and for us. God loved the world so much that He sent His Son to be crucified. Our message must be one of faith and belief in what Christ did to sin through the cross. If we preach anything else other then the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, we are not preaching the meat of the gospel. Being kind and loving to people is a good thing but Christ suffered death that we might have life.

Gal 1:9

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

These are pretty strong words that do not make room for any other gospel nor any other message. The average person, even in our own country, does not know this message or how to receive it. They will not know how to receive it until they hear it preached.

Rom 3:13-17

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We need to keep the gospel simple and focused upon the Lamb of God and present the meat of the message that sinners can have the faith they need to believe and be saved by grace through the precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.

C

Crossfire

Jn 4:34

34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

The gospel is the work that was finished on the cross through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the Lamb of God. In that work He put away sin, destroyed the work of the devil and made it possible for sinners to be cleansed and forgiven of sin through faith in the shed blood of Christ. This is the meat of the gospel and the message that we have been called to preach. Are we being lead astray from the meat of the gospel?

This is the message of the Saviour that bleed and suffered death being judged for sin as us and for us. God loved the world so much that He sent His Son to be crucified. Our message must be one of faith and belief in what Christ did to sin through the cross. If we preach anything else other then the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, we are not preaching the meat of the gospel. Being kind and loving to people is a good thing but Christ suffered death that we might have life.

Gal 1:9

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

These are pretty strong words that do not make room for any other gospel nor any other message. The average person, even in our own country, does not know this message or how to receive it. They will not know how to receive it until they hear it preached.

Rom 3:13-17

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We need to keep the gospel simple and focused upon the Lamb of God and present the meat of the message that sinners can have the faith they need to believe and be saved by grace through the precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Although everything you have mentioned is true and a vital part of the gospel, I wouldn't consider it the meat of the gospel but rather, the milk of the gospel. Everything you have mentioned is how one enters into the Kingdom of God by grace through faith, similar to what Paul speaks of while addressing the immature Christians in Corinthians.

Personally, I would compare the meat of the gospel to true discipleship concerning how one both grows in faith through reading and meditating on his word as well as how one overcomes both the flesh and demonic strong holds through abiding in His Spirit [presence] (2 Peter 1, John 14-17, Romans 6 - 8, Galatians 5, 1 John 3, Ephesians 6, Hebrews 4, etc, )

Jun 24, 2010
Gal 1:11,12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The gospel that we receive and give to others is one that has come by revelation of Jesus Christ. It is not a gospel of our own understanding or one that we have conjured up through knowledge. This revelation was given to one that was was set apart and called by grace. The gospel can not be preached without a calling of grace. Some think they have the wisdom to preach the gospel but have not the calling of grace. Some like to slight the gospel and when they do they slight the work of the cross and minimize the power of God's salvation through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

If this gospel that has been given by revelation is hid, it is hid unto them who are lost (2Cor 4:3). Let us always honor those that have been called to preach the gospel. Pray for them, honor them and obey the message they preach. They have been called by grace and the gospel they preach according to wisdom is from above and not of the earth.

C

Crossfire

Gal 1:11,12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The gospel that we receive and give to others is one that has come by revelation of Jesus Christ. It is not a gospel of our own understanding or one that we have conjured up through knowledge. This revelation was given to one that was was set apart and called by grace. The gospel can not be preached without a calling of grace. Some think they have the wisdom to preach the gospel but have not the calling of grace. Some like to slight the gospel and when they do they slight the work of the cross and minimize the power of God's salvation through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

I agree completely even though your interpretation of grace is different from my own.

Jesus gave his life not only for the forgiveness
of sin but also that those who believe on Him might be made whole spiritually, physically and emotionally. :)

Jun 24, 2010
The gospel of Christ that has been given by revelation ministers grace and life to sinners from whatever background or religious affiliation they are from. The gospel is not critical or partial of people because the blood that was shed for that gospel to be revealed was for all men, for all have sinned and that includes those who have been deceived by religious doctrine as well. If they need to repent of anything it is going to be the doctrine they had trusted and swore by. It is imperative that we persuade all men with the truth of the gospel by consistently preaching Jesus Christ and Him crucified. This is how we love our neighbor as ourself. Being in darkness, wouldn't we want someone to reveal the light of the glorious gospel unto us, so we do with our neighbor as we would want someone to do unto us. This is the love of God that the Holy Spirit sheds abroad in our hearts.